God's own
May 16, 2009
Finland
✟37,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, obviously you're most likely to be mature enough to decide for yourself about your relationships when you're in college and to some extent even in high school. I undestand as well that different things work don't have the same effect on different people, but from what I've seen from my friends' long distance relationships it's not a good idea. There's too much that could not work out - it's easy to lie to a long distance partner. It's easy to cheat on them. It's easy not to get to really know each other so well or even keep on loving each other. It's hard to share your life with someone who doesn't live near you.

Upvote 0

BrokenWanderer

Servant
Jul 16, 2009
United States
✟7,795.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Well, obviously you're most likely to be mature enough to decide for yourself about your relationships when you're in college and to some extent even in high school.

Hopefully so, because I've known even college students older than myself, who aren't mature enough for a relationship.

However, honestly, I think a long distance relationship will prove a couple's loyalty to each other, and it can also strengthen the bond between the two. However, it all depends on what the couple chooses to do, because there could be occasions where it becomes unhealthy. It all varies. You could have a long distance relationship that goes wonderfully well, and on another page, you could have one that goes horrendously. It all depends.

One thing I learned the hardest way, is that Christ needs to be in the center of the relationship regardless of it being long distance or not. If He's not, He'll come breaking in, breaking one, or both of the couple.

Upvote 0

christiancutie

Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2004
PEI
✟62,739.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Long distance relationships are hard, but they can work. The relationship needs to be Christ centered and both people need to be serious about it and willing to put the amount of trust and work into the relationship that's needed. It all really depends on the people and where they are in their lives, how much they value the relationship, and where they are with God... which I suppose is the same as with any relationship.

Upvote 0

mahalia

barefoot rural kid
Sep 30, 2006
✟18,897.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm in a long distance relationship right now - i'm in my first year of university.

back in high school i would never have recommended it, and if you knew me and my bf just before i left (1000km away) for university, you would have guessed that we weren't going to last a week.

surprisingly though, the distance was good for us. i had to learn to trust him more, he had to learn to take my feelings into account more and to pay heed to my emotional needs.

we IM for about half an hour every night and we talk about once a week. we see each other about 14 weeks of the year (holidays).

we were together for 2 years before i left though... i don't know how strong a relationship would be if you'd been dating just a month before the distance came into play.

but my point really is: it can work.

Upvote 0

renee09

Jun 3, 2007
in my beloved country
✟8,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
HI, I'm in a long-distance relationship currently. My boyfriend and I are attending different colleges. It can be really hard at times especially if you are a couple that sees each other often, every day. It takes a lot of loyalty and trust and commitment. But it could work out. Trust in the Lord and trust in yourself.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.