• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Lonely and the reaction and.....

cflittlestar

Jun 16, 2007
✟8,373.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am lonely most of the time, sometimes, the lonely feeling just become so obvious making me feeling breathless.

I would go crazily online here and there to look for attention (=communication) (or whatever) and, go on and on, cannot stop, and addicted. And very unhappy. And feeling like in circle and falling deeper and deeper.

Deep inside me, I hunger for communication (= attention).

I tried to find things outside of computer to do. I read, and that's all. I sometimes don't have the mood to read too. And then I would feel so empty.

~~~~~~~
And regarding internet, I feel it's just so-temp to ease the loneliness ( + most of the time not working and feeling worse)

I don't use facebook, I feel facebook making people communicate less or more walls between friends.

I email or phone or better in person communicate with people.

But still I can't help *** because I am too lonely. But I just don't use facebook.

Last edited:

cflittlestar

Jun 16, 2007
✟8,373.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
sweetie i am so sorry you are going though all of this.. I use to feel like this sometims i just push myself and pray about it!! and it gets better
ill be praying for you Hun <3

push myself &#65311;&#65311;&#65311;

Pray about it ? what's the content ? like tell God: "God, I feel very lonely, please help me" ?? like this?

Upvote 0

sarahelizabeth

7-18-12
Apr 30, 2011
Chilling with the zombies and penguins
✟27,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
push myself &#65311;&#65311;&#65311;

Pray about it ? what's the content ? like tell God: "God, I feel very lonely, please help me" ?? like this?

yeah he will help you
Pushing yourself forward meaning Standing up no matter what and just getting though it no matter what
I know it is Really tough because you just feel alone more then ever and it is always good to talk to someone about it
God Will help you though it if you just give it all to him he will help you!! He loves you so much he will do anything

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I keep Facebook but the status updates from people from High School are very depressing to me. :( It makes me feel worse.

I sometimes feel as if I'm constantly searching for people online to talk to. And sometimes when I do want to talk to someone when I'm not feeling alright, all I get are trite responses, and I feel like they're going "blah blah blah" in their heads. I mean, I want communication but what do I get out of it sometimes? :( It sucks.

Reactions: .Mikha'el.
Upvote 0

Revived

Fighting the good fight of faith.
Mar 25, 2009
Planted by the water
Visit site
✟30,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also, do you have a Celebrate Recovery in your area? It's an amazing program that God has given us as a resource to alleviate loneliness, depression, etc and to bring us closer to Himself through others going through similar struggles.

Upvote 0

cflittlestar

Jun 16, 2007
✟8,373.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Praying for you, sweetie
There's some good advice here - and please join our skype chat, it would be good to talk with you :)

But I don't have a microphone nor a webcam.... :(

Also, do you have a Celebrate Recovery in your area? It's an amazing program that God has given us as a resource to alleviate loneliness, depression, etc and to bring us closer to Himself through others going through similar struggles.
It's not in the area where I live, but thankx for the suggestion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you joined the Skype chats? This could be another resource for communication and fellowship. :)

Praying for you, and yes the Skype chat is a great idea!
Great idea!! If I could I would have downloaded skype ages ago, maybe God will bless me with a new computer with better RAM.
Littlestar I would try to download skpye if I were you. :prayer:

Upvote 0

St. Paul

Jul 6, 2008
Michigan
✟9,298.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am lonely most of the time, sometimes, the lonely feeling just become so obvious making me feeling breathless.

I would go crazily online here and there to look for attention (=communication) (or whatever) and, go on and on, cannot stop, and addicted. And very unhappy. And feeling like in circle and falling deeper and deeper.

Deep inside me, I hunger for communication (= attention).

I tried to find things outside of computer to do. I read, and that's all. I sometimes don't have the mood to read too. And then I would feel so empty.

~~~~~~~
And regarding internet, I feel it's just so-temp to ease the loneliness ( + most of the time not working and feeling worse)

I don't use facebook, I feel facebook making people communicate less or more walls between friends.

I email or phone or better in person communicate with people.

But still I can't help *** because I am too lonely. But I just don't use facebook.
Everybody feels lonely. You're not alone. If you ever need someone to talk to about anything feel free to PM me if you need to get something off your chest. People say I'm a good listener. Plus, sometimes it helps to just vent. I'll say a prayer for you. Take care.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.