Locusts upon the earth

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 9:7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.
8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
1255929122962.jpg

I find this sort of stuff interesting don't you?

Last edited:

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 9:7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.
8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
1255929122962.jpg

ClickHandler.ashx

:):) You implicitly view this literally? :confused:

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
ClickHandler.ashx

no, that was the Hal Lindsey'esc explanation. Compare the text in Rev to Joel, as that's where it is sourced. it's not helicopters, it was originally
the locust army, a symbolic sort of description of the army of the Lord, which I think was originally an angelic army that appeared in the last days, (in the book of Joel).
as I understand it, the writer of Rev has turned it into a curse from the pit.

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:):) You implicitly view this literally? :confused:

In this case absolutely! The poor guy is trying to describe things that he has never seen before. A first century man describing 21st century technology in the day of the Lord or Lords day.

Thank goodness he wasn't shown a flushing toilet bowl , one dreads to think how he would have described that! Sounds of rushing waters or monsters from the deep or abyss....lol

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
no, that was the Hal Lindsey'esc explanation. Compare the text in Rev to Joel, as that's where it is sourced. it's not helicopters, it was originally
the locust army, a symbolic sort of description of the army of the Lord, which I think was originally an angelic army that appeared in the last days, (in the book of Joel).
as I understand it, the writer of Rev has turned it into a curse from the pit.

Yeah I new about Joels locust army but I feel that this is different from that because of the other stuff that's going on as well. Fire and brimstone , heads like lions , etc , and them snakes with heads that do the harm which are probably missiles.

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Yeah I new about Joels locust army but I feel that this is different from that because of the other stuff that's going on as well. Fire and brimstone , heads like lions , etc , and them snakes with heads that do the harm which are probably missiles.

I don't think so. I have a Bart Ehman'esc understanding on these things.. not that I share his agnosticism though.

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
In this case absolutely! The poor guy is trying to describe things that he has never seen before. A first century man describing 21st century technology in the day of the Lord or Lords day.

Thank goodness he wasn't shown a flushing toilet bowl , one dreads to think how he would have described that! Sounds of rushing waters or monsters from the deep or abyss....lol

:):) So here the 'locusts' are to be viewed literally and the rest of Revelation symbolically. Strange toilet flushing interpretation although I do enjoy the analogy. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,413.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
1255929122962.jpg

ClickHandler.ashx

Yes, this looks cool, and I guess it could be what John saw. I am open to it. Though, my thinking is John could have seen something different. Why? Because of the description of the harm the locusts cause. Look:

Rev. 9:
3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

Now these helicopters kill, they burn the trees and the grass. The things that John saw will not have the ability to kill or harm the trees and grass. I have never been stung by a scorpion, but I imagine it is quite painful. The pain from the creatures John saw will be so painful that people will wish they could die, but they will not die from the sting. And, the creatures John saw will be selective. They will not sting everybody, only those who do not have the seal of God in their foreheads.

Upvote 0

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
I think that the locusts John saw would have to be literal insects. This seems to be a global plague that affects the entire earth. Also, if we cross-reference the trumpets with the bowls, the 5th trumpet should correspond with the 5th bowl:

"10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds." Rev. 16:10-11

So the locusts come near the end of the tribulation. Right near the end of the age.

I do not see how helicopters would fit the description, because, as Handmaid for Jesus said, they would harm grass/trees, etc. Also, helicopters kill. These locusts do not. So I view them as a divinely ordained insect plague.

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I think that the locusts John saw would have to be literal insects. This seems to be a global plague that affects the entire earth. Also, if we cross-reference the trumpets with the bowls, the 5th trumpet should correspond with the 5th bowl:

"10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds." Rev. 16:10-11

So the locusts come near the end of the tribulation. Right near the end of the age.

I do not see how helicopters would fit the description, because, as Handmaid for Jesus said, they would harm grass/trees, etc. Also, helicopters kill. These locusts do not. So I view them as a divinely ordained insect plague.

:):) Rev.9 is a hellish curse of delusions, ie, IIThess.2:11, 12 expounded, these grasshoppers are fallen angels in hell that God casts upon those that take these visions literally. Now lol with you folks instead of "at." You had me sweating for awhile due to Rom.3:18 for starters. :blush:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oookaay! seems you guys don't think it could be helicopters , then what about those miniature drone insects their making for the army now? And they won't eat the green grass or trees either. These things could harass you no end!....imagine being a soldier and doing normal things like eating , drinking , washing and going to the toilet and you got these pesky little things buzzing around you and driving you crazy , you would probably seek death but can't because these things aren't out to kill you just drive you crazy.

This pic is only one of many.
ClickHandler.ashx

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,413.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oookaay! seems you guys don't think it could be helicopters , then what about those miniature drone insects their making for the army now? And they won't eat the green grass or trees either. These things could harass you no end!....imagine being a soldier and doing normal things like eating , drinking , washing and going to the toilet and you got these pesky little things buzzing around you and driving you crazy , you would probably seek death but can't because these things aren't out to kill you just drive you crazy.

This pic is only one of many.
ClickHandler.ashx

Maybe. DARPA is working on a lot of strange things. Check this out.
Forbidden Gates: GRIN Technology & Spiritual Warfare - YouTube

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The helicopter nonsense of Hal Lindsey!!!

Read all of the passage...Revelation 9:7-11. It *should* be pretty obvious these are not actual locust.

Of course Lindsey would have us believe John and couldn't give a better description...:confused:

On top of that...we have God telling john to write this to people of his day...who would NEVER see it...:confused:

BTW...I spent 24 years in the Navy. The one aircraft that really looked like a locust was the A-6 Intruder:

300px-GRUMMAN_A-6_INTRUDER.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Now I won't sleep tonight.....Gulp!!

:):) No soul snoozing, however sleep good as those ol' older Lutherans really thought that Rev.8:7, etc., including those masses of 'locust' was just IIThess.2:11, 12 expounded, ie, "error's working" and something is causing this, actively affecting our cerebral cortexes today. Oh, forgot, "outdated" :hug: :thumbsup:

Upvote 0