Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This comes down to the Big Lie. One either swallows it and marches in step with Trump into deeper darkness or gets rebuked by the GOP.

That is the talking points from the left - who up until 8 months ago was on record of insulting her father every chance they could to now lauding her as a hero.

To those fixated on the President, there is no other issue - he dwarfs all thought.

To agree with that view, I would have to completely disregard what Republican Leadership has stated as a whole. That I am not willing to do.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She said: "The President bears responsibility for Wednesday's attack on Congress by mob rioters."

Oh wait, that was Minority leader Kevin McCarthy in January.

And yet - he is still in his position. How interesting.

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
That is the talking points from the left - who up until 8 months ago was on record of insulting her father every chance they could to now lauding her as a hero.

I agree. Liz C. is no "hero". She accidentally stumbled on common sense after being as good a Trump Toady as one could be. I guess in the new GOP if you don't march in perfect lock-step you may as well be a Democrat.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree. Liz C. is no "hero". She accidentally stumbled on common sense after being as good a Trump Toady as one could be. I guess in the new GOP if you don't march in perfect lock-step you may as well be a Democrat.

Sorry - I can not politely respond to that.

But just for clarity - here is the rest of my statement you chose to completely disregard.

To those fixated on the President, there is no other issue - he dwarfs all thought.

To agree with that view, I would have to completely disregard what Republican Leadership has stated as a whole. That I am not willing to do.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Indeed -- Cheney has to take her share of the responsibility for the Frankenstein's Monster she helped create.

Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟101,023.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Then why was she rebuked?

I asked the same thing and was referred to another post on another thread that was all about how she wouldn't support trump or lie about him . So I don't think people know. My die hard republican relatives have told me it's because she doesn't support trump or his agenda for future elections and won't say he won the election and blames him for Jan. 6th. *shrug*

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
To me and others it does.

Well, I can't figure out what goes on in other people's minds.

My point is and was Liz Cheney is no "hero". Yeah she got it right in backing away from Trump's Big Lie about the stolen election. But that's just one thing. She toadied to him plenty near the beginning of his reign.

The Left is messed up if they somehow lionize Liz Cheney for accidentally stumbling out of the tin foil hat brigade on one issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The Left is messed up if they somehow lionize Liz Cheney for accidentally stumbling out of the tin foil hat brigade on one issue.

It's a sign of hope -- the conditioning can be broken

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's a sign of hope -- the conditioning can be broken

Indeed. And she should be lauded for figuring out the mess she helped usher in. But sometimes the Left can get a bit too much in love with "the enemy of my enemy". She's still going to support hard, hard right causes. Trump is out in her sphere but that won't forestall other things equally corrosive to our nation.

• Agree
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Indeed. And she should be lauded for figuring out the mess she helped usher in. But sometimes the Left can get a bit too much in love with "the enemy of my enemy". She's still going to support hard, hard right causes. Trump is out in her sphere but that won't forestall other things equally corrosive to our nation.

True, but I don't see anyone on the left asking her to pose for a statue or anything.

She took two steps away from the edge of the cliff -- that counts for something, given the state of the GOP.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
It's certainly true that George HW Bush shut up about voodoo economics after he became Reagan's veep. But that's how we got 40 more years of tax cuts for rich people during Republican administrations.

I'd hate to think we'll get 40 more years of Capitol riots from sore losers.

• Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What’s the big deal? They didn’t strip her of her committee assignments as they did with Steve King...

King was drumming up support and sympathy for White Nationalism and White Supremacy. One can only pray that was why his assignments were stripped from him.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Then why was she rebuked?
That's already been carefully explained several times on this or a parallel thread dealing with the same topic. Probably the best reply I can give you is to suggest you check into those posts.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What’s the big deal? They didn’t strip her of her committee assignments as they did with Steve King...
I think you misunderstand. No ones really lamenting that Liz Cheney got demoted from her position. It’s more of a curiosity to watch the right consume itself while trying to defend an obvious lie that has already badly politically damaged their party.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You guys just crack me up with the way you spin things. This is not about silencing Liz Cheney. She is free to continue making all of the comments she has made in the past. This is about having someone who is in the minority of opinions on many issues in the GOP as one of the leaders of the GOP in the House. The GOP has every right to select someone else to be that leader. So this is actually about liberals trying to spin this to cancel that right to select someone else without mass media backlash. It seems that the meaning of liberal has changed to someone who is extremely tolerant of all others who share their opinion and extremely intolerant of all those who do not.
Strange , she voted 93% of the time with Trump. I guess 100% agreement and loyoltaty is demanded. Interesting.

Upvote 0