Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Living life will become easy; your eyes will open when you realize it’s not all about yourself. I’m not saying all your problems will go away but you will know that you have the love of God.
PSALMS 119:17 Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live, and keep thy word. 18 Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. 19 I am a stranger in the earth: hide not thy commandments from me. 20 My soul breaketh for the longing that it hath unto thy judgments at all times. 21 Thou hast rebuked the proud that are cursed, which do err from thy commandments. 22 Remove from me reproach and contempt; for I have kept thy testimonies.
When your saved all things will become clear and living life will become easy. You will understand it’s not all about "me". It’s not about going out and having fun. You will be content and enjoy life all the time even in the hard times you will be grateful to God.
2CORINTHIANS 5 :16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. 17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
The first thing you will notice is thankfulness to Christ for saving you. The second thing is you will want to live a life pleasing to our Lord. When you’re rescued from death into life you will understand that you need to put Christ first in your life and the way you can do that is to live a clean life pleasing to our Lord. Don't misunderstand me we will not be perfected until we get to heaven but we can do our best to live a righteous life.
COLOSSIANS 2:2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 4 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.
Christ loves you and wants the best for you. Here is a sample prayer, If you’re not saved ask God for salvation in Jesus Christ’s Name. Have faith in what your praying and you will be saved.
“God I know that I have sinned against you and am deserving of punishment. But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve, so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven.
Jesus Christ, with your help I place my trust in you for salvation, and I ask that you will forgive me of my sins. I thank you for your wonderful grace and forgiveness.”
Come to a Christian Church and tell them that you have asked for salvation and they will help you grow in Christ. go to Sunday school you will find it to be a great reward.​

Last edited:

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
MagusAlbertus said:
Wall of text.

This is why I stopped posting here so much; everything has to be an exegesis on well.. everything.

Learn to say it simply or learn your simply not saying anything.

Good. It's not just me.

Upvote 0

Keachian

On Sabbatical
Feb 3, 2010
Horse-lie-down
Visit site
✟23,842.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm a bit confused by the altar call, this forum is a Christian forum and even though there are atheists and agnostics on the forum, this sub-forum is for Christians, specifically those of baptist persuasion who to my understanding pride themselves on being christians based on the book so I understand the heavy exegesis from the passages, but I think most people respond more to in person faith discussion than just postings on forums :p

Upvote 0

ddrgkd

Ask Christ For Salvation
Feb 19, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a bit confused by the altar call, this forum is a Christian forum and even though there are atheists and agnostics on the forum, this sub-forum is for Christians, specifically those of baptist persuasion who to my understanding pride themselves on being christians based on the book so I understand the heavy exegesis from the passages, but I think most people respond more to in person faith discussion than just postings on forums :p

This is among many i post here for editing before i post somewhere else. I understand its long if you have any suggestions on how i can shorten it up i would appreciate it.

Upvote 0

Keachian

On Sabbatical
Feb 3, 2010
Horse-lie-down
Visit site
✟23,842.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Oh ok then, sounds cool! With that in mind the easiest way I can think of like rather than like shortening it up with BBCode forums using quote tags with the bible verses in them
John 3:16 said:
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

It makes it much more readable and easy to see where you are quoting and where you are performing exegesis, also personally I find that including a link to the relevant passage at Bible gateway is useful so that people like myself, who do like to read things in context are able to do that easily while still seeing the core of what you want to present and look at

Upvote 0

ddrgkd

Ask Christ For Salvation
Feb 19, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh ok then, sounds cool! With that in mind the easiest way I can think of like rather than like shortening it up with BBCode forums using quote tags with the bible verses in them

It makes it much more readable and easy to see where you are quoting and where you are performing exegesis, also personally I find that including a link to the relevant passage at Bible gateway is useful so that people like myself, who do like to read things in context are able to do that easily while still seeing the core of what you want to present and look at

Sounds good but i like the full verse out there

Upvote 0

Keachian

On Sabbatical
Feb 3, 2010
Horse-lie-down
Visit site
✟23,842.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm saying have both the text in a quoted format and a link that way the reader isn't faced with this huge block of text and instantly goes, whooop tl;dr. and is able to look at the verses in context of the chapters that they are in by following the link. Content wise I think you are spot on, it's just presentation so that people aren't turned off just facing this homogeneous slab of text, using quote tags around scripture is the way that I combat that.
However you can get much the same effect purely by indenting the text.​

Upvote 0

Keachian

On Sabbatical
Feb 3, 2010
Horse-lie-down
Visit site
✟23,842.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
To show you what I mean I'll just quote-edit your original post
Living life will become easy your eyes will open when you realize it’s not all about yourself. I’m not saying all your problems will go away but you will know that you have the love of God.

PSALMS 119:17 Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live, and keep thy word. 18 Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. 19 I am a stranger in the earth: hide not thy commandments from me. 20 My soul breaketh for the longing that it hath unto thy judgments at all times. 21 Thou hast rebuked the proud that are cursed, which do err from thy commandments. 22 Remove from me reproach and contempt; for I have kept thy testimonies.​
<link to passage on bible site>

When your saved all things will become clear and living life will become easy. You will understand it’s not all about "me". It’s not about going out and having fun. You will be content and enjoy life all the time even in the hard times you will be grateful to God.

2CORINTHIANS 5 :16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. 17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

The first thing you will notice is thankfulness to Christ for saving you. The second thing is you will want to live a life pleasing to our Lord. When you’re rescued from death into life you will understand that you need to put Christ first in your life and the way you can do that is to live a clean life pleasing to our Lord. Don't misunderstand me we will not be perfected until we get to heaven but we can do our best to live a righteous life.

COLOSSIANS 2:2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 4 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.

Christ loves you and wants the best for you. Here is a sample prayer, If you’re not saved ask God for salvation in Jesus Christ’s Name. Have faith in what your praying and you will be saved.

“God I know that I have sinned against you and am deserving of punishment. But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve, so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven.

Jesus Christ, with your help I place my trust in you for salvation, and I ask that you will forgive me of my sins. I thank you for your wonderful grace and forgiveness.”

Go to a Christian Church and tell them that you have asked for salvation and they will help you grow in Christ. Come to Sunday school you will find it to be a great reward.

Upvote 0