✟112,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 11:6-9, reads:

“The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them. The infant will play by the cobra’s den, and the toddler will reach into the viper’s nest. They will neither harm nor destroy on all My holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the sea is full of water.”

As I understand it, this is referring to when Jesus returns and a new heaven and a new earth comes into being..

Question:
Does that mean there will be animals in the New Jerusalem? That eternal life includes the animals, now made peaceful?

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That's what seems to be suggested by passages like Romans 8 and Revelation 21: that ultimately, we're looking forward not to a disembodied existence, but rather to a healing of the whole creation. We aren't given a lot of specifics, but that would presumably include animals and trees and so forth.

• Winner
Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

“The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them. The infant will play by the cobra’s den, and the toddler will reach into the viper’s nest. They will neither harm nor destroy on all My holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the sea is full of water.”

As I understand it, this is referring to when Jesus returns and a new heaven and a new earth comes into being..

Question:
Does that mean there will be animals in the New Jerusalem? That eternal life includes the animals, now made peaceful?

Animals were in sinless Eden on the sinless Earth as we see in Gen 1 and 2.
Animals are in the New Earth as we see in Isaiah 11.

Romans 8 points out that creation itself became subject to corruption, death , decay as a result of sin.

But that does not mean that the New Earth animals are resurrected old-Earth animals.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Question:
Well, Isaiah seems to be using an allegory. We do not know if Scripture supports the idea that there will be animals in the kingdom of God. Some even speculate that there won't be an ocean there either based on Revelation 21:1. The Bible is very cryptic when it comes to heaven's details.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Question:

Scripture, and the historic faith of the Church, maintains that God will renew and restore the whole of creation; and passages like these point to a return of harmony between all God's creatures. So, yes, there will be animals then and there.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0