"Lion of Judah" written in Hebrew?

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟18,743.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's good to know what you are copying onto yourself.
ChapterSixteen%20(5).jpg

Upvote 0

Keachian

On Sabbatical
Feb 3, 2010
Horse-lie-down
Visit site
✟23,842.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟18,743.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This has no bearing on the subject of the thread and is frankly extrabiblical, ahistorical nonsense.

Yeah well i think that it does. Before the guy goes and imprints an image into himself i think that he should know about all of it's implications!

Upvote 0

Keachian

On Sabbatical
Feb 3, 2010
Horse-lie-down
Visit site
✟23,842.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yeah well i think that it does. Before the guy goes and imprints an image into himself i think that he should know about all of it's implications!

You have failed to demonstrate any implications, instead you go to your unfounded hobby horse of Europe is Israel.

Upvote 0

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟18,743.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have failed to demonstrate any implications, instead you go to your unfounded hobby horse of Europe is Israel.

I'm aware that you aren't interested or fail to see the "implications" of imprinting a lion symbol or an eagle symbol or the picture of an Ox onto themselves. But thats just the point for him, someday he will become aware of what the lion symbol has historically represented. The Eagle has a meaning too.

Upvote 0

Traveller2wisdom

Nov 10, 2016
North Florida
✟15,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow! I was wondering the same thing about the correct Hebrew letters confusion when I found this website. I am a believer but have not stuck with a particular denomination and it's so predictable to see the level of sniping and nitpicking and back and forth negativity that is just above the surface of an iceberg of discord and grumbling and semantic and theological disharmony of ALL organized religion. For me at least, but I am nothing, it is so distasteful as to keep me out of church. What a quagmire religion is.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Leviticus 19:28

To HONOR YHWH, >
Get a T-shirt with your print on it instead of a t&too. Amen? Amen.

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've posted and I think this is my first post in Christian Scriptures. Anyways, I'm planning on getting a ... ... ...

Upvote 0

versavia

Nov 10, 2016
A Muslim country
✟16,872.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
God forbids any tattoos (this is one of His HOLY laws).
Write on your body what you want but not permanently...no tattoos.
One of the names of our God Jesus is LION.
"The Lion of Judah" is God -Jesus- who is the Lamb and the Lion, protecting His Jewish people/Jews.

Hebrews 7:14
For it is clear that our Lord descended from Judah, a tribe as to which Moses said nothing about priests.

Revelation 5:5
Then one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep! Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah (THE SON O GOD), the root of David, has triumphed to open the scroll and its seven seals."

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God forbids any tattoos (this is one of His HOLY laws).
Write on your body what you want but not permanently...no tattoos.
One of the names of our God Jesus is LION.
"The Lion of Judah" is God -Jesus- who is the Lamb and the Lion, protecting His Jewish people/Jews.

Hebrews 7:14
For it is clear that our Lord descended from Judah, a tribe as to which Moses said nothing about priests.

Revelation 5:5
Then one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep! Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah (THE SON O GOD), the root of David, has triumphed to open the scroll and its seven seals."
Hi; what do you make of the fact that in Leviticus 19.27 it seems to say about not trimming one's beard? do preachers shave?

Maybe the context of those verses is Old Testament Jews in the land under the law?

A lot of Christians do get faith based tattoos (Bible ref. or Christian fish sign <>< on wrist, etc.), proven effective as conversation-starters in witness.

Upvote 0

versavia

Nov 10, 2016
A Muslim country
✟16,872.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Ok eat swine, violate all laws of the God of Israel and bow down before the Islamic false god. We do not mind.

The Son of God says:
Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

He does NOT abolish the law, but He saves us from the death as a result of the law....because the law says: Punishment for sin is death.

Ok what now should we sin? No. We should OBEY what God said...No dirty food...no sin..no madness..no despicable satanic engravings on our bodies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok eat swine, violate all laws of the God of Israel and bow down before the Islamic false god. We do not mind.

The Son of God says:
Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

He does NOT abolish the law, but He saves us from the death as a result of the law....because the law says: Punishment for sin is death.

Ok what now should we sin? No. We should OBEY what God said...No dirty food...no sin..no madness..no despicable satanic engravings on our bodies.
Acts 10 etc has details about Peter's vision, in terms of what formerly was unclean, no longer was. Romans 14 is also about Christian liberty for those under grace.

Upvote 0

versavia

Nov 10, 2016
A Muslim country
✟16,872.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Acts 10 etc has details about Peter's vision, in terms of what formerly was unclean, no longer was. Romans 14 is also about Christian liberty for those under grace.

Read the context..the dirty animals in this vision were PEOPLE...God compared people/sinners/theathen with dirty animals.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Read the context..the dirty animals in this vision were PEOPLE...God compared people/sinners/theathen with dirty animals.
Peter was also commanded to eat.

I guess my point is that for New Testament believers under grace, it's hard to impose restrictions such as not trimming beards, etc., when the general context of Leviticus 19.27 is Old Testament Jews in the land under the law anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

versavia

Nov 10, 2016
A Muslim country
✟16,872.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Christian liberty does not make you free from implementation of His LAWS/Commandments to avoid sins.

Now you are free from your slavery to sin, and you have become slaves to righteous living.
Romans 6:18

Romans 6:22
But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the fruit you reap leads to holiness, and the outcome is eternal life.

What then shall we say? Shall we continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2By no means! How can we who died to sin live in it any longer?…
Romans 6:1

Romans 6:15
What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law, but under grace? By no means!

Summary:
What does this mean?
God does NOT allow Christians to sin!!! If we do not implement commands/laws of God, we do contrary to them. That is why who loves Jesus, He implements His laws!!!
How to know these laws? Go to the thread: Righteousness. We discuss them there.

Righteousness
Discussion in 'Christian Scriptures' started by versavia.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christian liberty does not make you free from implementation of His LAWS/Commandments to avoid sins.

Now you are free from your slavery to sin, and you have become slaves to righteous living.
Romans 6:18

Romans 6:22
But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the fruit you reap leads to holiness, and the outcome is eternal life.

What then shall we say? Shall we continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2By no means! How can we who died to sin live in it any longer?…
Romans 6:1

Romans 6:15
What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law, but under grace? By no means!

Summary:
What does this mean?
God does NOT allow Christians to sin!!! If we do not implement commands/laws of God, we do contrary to them. That is why who loves Jesus, He implements His laws!!!
How to know these laws? Go to the thread: Righteousness. We discuss them there.

Righteousness
Discussion in 'Christian Scriptures' started by versavia.
I don't think we are going to agree. Mine is a dispensational understanding of the relationship between Old and New Testaments. Hebrews 7.12 says that the law was changed. Hebrews 7.19 says that what the New Testament believer now has is better than the law.

I think our understanding differs very substantially.

Upvote 0

versavia

Nov 10, 2016
A Muslim country
✟16,872.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Peter was also commanded to eat.

I guess my point is that for New Testament believers under grace, it's hard to impose restrictions such as not trimming beards, etc., when the general context of Leviticus 19.27 is Old Testament Jews in the land under the law anyway.
How I love to see how Jews try to implement what God says because they appreciate His words and LOVE the God of Israel...
Even beards...Ultra-orthodox Jews...amazing...

Swine is a dirty flesh...God knows this and He tries to make His people HOLY...not allowing them to eat what they want. You know Chinese people sell in shop unborn babies to eat and they EAT them. How despicable is this act. How despicable is for God to see and know how lamb is eaten and cooked in the milk of his mother or in any other milk!
God FORBIDS this! Why you do not do this and eat DIRTY flesh like Chinese people! Because you do NOT care what God says and His opinion and understanding is NOTHING for you!
But there are the holy people -Israel/Jews who OBEY God. Yes they fail to get salvation at the end because they reject the Son of God who is God like His Father, but their lives are devoted to FIND Him!

They try to find God and die....not finding Him.

Thousands Christians try to find God and die....not finding Him...because they live in sins and they are crushed by their sins living in the mud pit of their sins with lovers like dogs and swine.

Do not be like them. Know God. Obey God and make Him known.

Upvote 0