patience7

Oct 11, 2010
Louisiana
✟9,906.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
washedagain;58599734]Her fruit revealed her faith... she never wavered ever. She was the most amazing woman of faith I have ever met. And quite honestly, even if her faith had wavered in her inner most thoughts, that is not what killed her. Sheeeesh. God chose to take her home, period.

what a screwy way of looking at how God works. As if.
I really don't think my posts are being read and if they are they are not being understood. I never, never said that your friend died because her faith wavered!!!!!! I only spoke of my situation and what I felt happened in my situation. In post 34, I plainly said "There is a time to live and a time to die - that's the way it is."
And again, what does that passage have to do with your insistence that God will answer in the affirmative? Again, are you demonstrating to me that you beat cancer because you controlled your thoughts? Really?

HAving the peace of God and being healed are to radically different things... you can be actively dying and have the peace of God.
Have I insisted that God will answer in the affirmative? I have repeated what scripture says and used scripture to back up what I have said. Look at 2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. Now, don't accuse me of saying that - God said it.
I also said in Post 34 - "Do I glory in myself - no." also in Post 31 - "I let the peace of God rule in my heart and left it to HIM to work through the physicians and the whole process. . . . .and I OWE IT ALL TO GOD."

Who is limiting God? In fact... I am the one that is giving God all the freedom... He does what he does. He gives and takes away. He answers yes sometimes and no sometimes... He is God and does what he pleases.

You theology is demanding that God answer in the affirmative everytime because you have prayed with faith and dismissed fear. Well bully for you.... God does not work that way. God may be well pleased and still take you home.
I have not demanded anything of God. I may get what I pray for and I may not get what I pray for but all the glory goes to God whatever the situation, whatever the circumstance. I just want to stand on the promises He has promised to me and every born again believer. I do know that one day I will die but I also know that I will be raised incorruptible!

Upvote 0

washedagain

Resting in the Palm of His Hand
Jul 11, 2011
Austin Tx
✟16,154.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I really don't think my posts are being read and if they are they are not being understood. I never, never said that your friend died because her faith wavered!!!!!! I only spoke of my situation and what I felt happened in my situation. In post 34, I plainly said "There is a time to live and a time to die - that's the way it is."

Have I insisted that God will answer in the affirmative? I have repeated what scripture says and used scripture to back up what I have said. Look at 2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. Now, don't accuse me of saying that - God said it.
I also said in Post 34 - "Do I glory in myself - no." also in Post 31 - "I let the peace of God rule in my heart and left it to HIM to work through the physicians and the whole process. . . . .and I OWE IT ALL TO GOD."

I have not demanded anything of God. I may get what I pray for and I may not get what I pray for but all the glory goes to God whatever the situation, whatever the circumstance. I just want to stand on the promises He has promised to me and every born again believer. I do know that one day I will die but I also know that I will be raised incorruptible!

Sorry, I thought you were suggesting that because I did not know her deepest thoughts that she may have wavered and that is why she died.

Also, I thought you were suggesting that I was limiting God because I fully believe that God is going to do what God is going to do dispite my faith in healing or any other thing.

So it seems we completely agree?

Upvote 0

Light hearted

May 15, 2008
✟8,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

You have spoken/written well. Your paragragh above is a great way to summarize the asking of things, healing, wealth, salvation, ect, from God. We do not demand, we may not get what we pray for. But we who are in Christ do have the right to ask.

The one thing and I'm sure many have learned, especially if we have some age under our belt is everything we ask for may not be good in the long run. We may find that what we think is good may turn around and bite us.

This is were we lost it, we bit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, we now ourselves, instead of God, think we can plan our own future since we bit from the tree, we think we know.

So when I pray for something now since I have gone back and taken a bite from the tree of the living Spirit, I now let God decide what is good. I now cannot expect what I pray for to come forth. But I can wait in great anticipation of what God will do as I show my patience in waiting on Him.

This is the teaching of Joseph Prince, it's not the expectation of God fulfilling my exact prayer. It is God doing what He's gonna do in His timely manner to fulfill what is in my heart. Through my patience and through my relationship with God because of the work of Jesus Christ on the cross, many times God has exceeded my expectations. Praise God.

God and disciplining me, oh yeah. it seems before a great happening comes to my life I go through a period where satan or one his workers here on earth target me by trying to get me fired, discredit me, shake my foundation with some scary future event. The great thing now is I stand firmer each time on my relationship with God knowing that my blessings will be great each time. Sounds alittle like the Job story, just a mini series.

Just as Patience 7 said and just as David said in Psalms. He ended some of His psalms with a thanks to the Lord for his salvation.

Always thank the Lord in all things, good or bad.

Upvote 0

linssue55

Senior Veteran
Jul 31, 2005
Tucson Az
✟11,739.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Romans 8:16
16The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
Everything produces after its kind. Dogs give birth to puppies, cats give birth to kittens and tigers give birth to tiger cubs. In the same manner, when you are born again, you are born of God. You are a child of the Most High God. He is your Father and He doesn’t see you in the flesh. He sees you in the Spirit.

And His Spirit bears witness with your spirit that you are His child.

So when the devil comes to you and says, “Well, your father died of cancer, his father died of cancer and you are going to die of cancer too, just like your father,” just know in your heart that you are like your Father — your Father in heaven! Declare, “I am a child of the Most High God. He doesn’t have cancer, so neither do I!”

My friend, when you are born of God, you are born to win. Because your Daddy God is a winner, you are one too! When you wake up in the morning, say, “I am a winner because God is a winner!”

When you say that you cannot afford to buy something that you need, you have forgotten which family you now belong to. You have been born again into a very rich family — your Father owns every beast in the forest and the cattle on a thousand hills! (Psalm 50:10) You have a Daddy God in heaven who is well able to supply all your needs. (Philippians 4:19) Even if you don’t have much money now, don’t worry. Just ask God for the supply because your heavenly Father is rich.

When someone talks to you about a problem and asks, “What are we going to do about it?” you should say, “Don’t worry. Let’s talk to Daddy God about it. It is not a problem for Him, so it will not be a problem for us.”

Beloved, even when all around you is going under, your Daddy God is still the same heavenly Father who kept Noah’s world afloat, his loved ones safe and sound, and his possessions intact. Your world will never go under because you are God’s beloved child!

"Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world."

Upvote 0

gideon army

Am the Righteousness to GOD IN Christ by Faith
Dec 3, 2009
This Side of Heaven
✟8,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What does that passage have to do with my question? What do you think the "things" are that are freely given... the whole passage is talking about Sanctification, justification and glorification.

Hahaha, believed you answered your own question ;) Paul Specifically tells every believer in Romans 8 that there is therefore NOW No condemnation for those who are IN Christ - Question: Is Christ Sick/ Weak & Poor now since He's Steated at DADDY God right hand on high? Doesn't the scriptures says that every believer are In Christ & just as HE (Jesus) is, so are every believer here, now on earth ;)

What is the meaning & definition of 'Glorification' to you? Romans 8 close with NO Separation from the Love of Christ with Victories inbetween.

God gives us ALL those things who are in Christ Jesus...

Somehow what you've stated above is kinda an oxymoron with the u/m question of yours. You were stating earlier that English is your 1st language when you called my grasp & understanding of English into question? :doh:

do you believe God is obliged/obligated to heal you?

.do you honestly think that that passage is telling you that if you ask God for a purple 1967 Cadillac with original chrome and high profile tires he is gonna do it simply because you told him to? Really???????

Since you must ask then you should know.

Actually i was in a hole of debt back in 99' to various banks in excess of US$280,000. Throughout 99', i couldn't even get a job paying US$700 a month. I couldn't even afford a bowl of noodles for US$2! I nearly wanted to end my life vai injecting air into my veins to induce heart attack!

After receiving Christ in Dec 99', a job offer came on Feb 2000' & paid me US$4,000! Within 6 months, my salary was adjusted to US$7,000. June 01' onwards, my average monthly salary was US$40,000! Paid off all my debts within 2 years (apart from the various banks i owed, i've also owed countless of friends)

Not only was my debts paid within a short period, i was so blessed with over abundance of Grace that i even managed to buy a condo in Singapore upscale prime district. If all those blessings are not enough, at any 1 time, i was having 3-4 cars at 1 go ;)

I loved BMW M3's/ Mercedes AMG's/ Nissan GTR's & Range Rovers in my childhood, i couldn't afford them - of cos. However, Jesus Blessed me Exceedingly Abundantly Above & Beyond whatever i could ask or think off with Scriptures manifesting when i Bought Porsche C4S/ BMW E46M3/ Merc C63 AMG/ Subaru STi Spec C/ Nissan GTR R35/ Range Rover Sports 5L Supercharged & shop at any top Internationally renowed brands, buying like there's No Tomorrow.

Now, am sure all readers know that in & out of myself is dung & dung alone but cited above 'testimonial' since you asked for it.

Did the LORD 'Heal' me? Of cos HE did, HE healed me from proverty or literally being my curse so that i could be blessed :amen: What i've stated are just tip of the iceburg what miracles i've experienced from Scriptures to reality;)

Upvote 0

washedagain

Jul 11, 2011
Austin Tx
✟16,154.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hahaha, believed you answered your own question ;) Paul Specifically tells every believer in Romans 8 that there is therefore NOW No condemnation for those who are IN Christ - Question: Is Christ Sick/ Weak & Poor now since He's Steated at DADDY God right hand on high? Doesn't the scriptures says that every believer are In Christ & just as HE (Jesus) is, so are every believer here, now on earth ;)

What is the meaning & definition of 'Glorification' to you? Romans 8 close with NO Separation from the Love of Christ with Victories inbetween.

Somehow what you've stated above is kinda an oxymoron with the u/m question of yours. You were stating earlier that English is your 1st language when you called my grasp & understanding of English into question? :doh:

Actually i was in a hole of debt back in 99' to various banks in excess of US$280,000. Throughout 99', i couldn't even get a job paying US$700 a month. I couldn't even afford a bowl of noodles for US$2! I nearly wanted to end my life vai injecting air into my veins to induce heart attack!

After receiving Christ in Dec 99', a job offer came on Feb 2000' & paid me US$4,000! Within 6 months, my salary was adjusted to US$7,000. June 01' onwards, my average monthly salary was US$40,000! Paid off all my debts within 2 years (apart from the various banks i owed, i've also owed countless of friends)

Not only was my debts paid within a short period, i was so blessed with over abundance of Grace that i even managed to buy a condo in Singapore upscale prime district. If all those blessings are not enough, at any 1 time, i was having 3-4 cars at 1 go ;)

I loved BMW M3's/ Mercedes AMG's/ Nissan GTR's & Range Rovers in my childhood, i couldn't afford them - of cos. However, Jesus Blessed me Exceedingly Abundantly Above & Beyond whatever i could ask or think off with Scriptures manifesting when i Bought Porsche C4S/ BMW E46M3/ Merc C63 AMG/ Subaru STi Spec C/ Nissan GTR R35/ Range Rover Sports 5L Supercharged & shop at any top Internationally renowed brands, buying like there's No Tomorrow.

Now, am sure all readers know that in & out of myself is dung & dung alone but cited above 'testimonial' since you asked for it.

Did the LORD 'Heal' me? Of cos HE did, HE healed me from proverty or literally being my curse so that i could be blessed :amen: What i've stated are just tip of the iceburg what miracles i've experienced from Scriptures to reality;)

That is great, God answered your prayer in the affirmative... now tell me,

Upvote 0

gideon army

Dec 3, 2009
This Side of Heaven
✟8,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That is great, God answered your prayer in the affirmative... now tell me,

Oh, is my written English that bad that you don't understand from my earlier post addressing to you :confused:

Kindly appeal to you again, read carefully & would also appreciate if you could kindly answer question raised ;)

Upvote 0

washedagain

Jul 11, 2011
Austin Tx
✟16,154.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, is my written English that bad that you don't understand from my earlier post addressing to you :confused:

Kindly appeal to you again, read carefully & would also appreciate if you could kindly answer question raised ;)

You gave me a testimony that God answered your prayer in the affirmative... that does not answer my question winky.

A yes or a no will do. Don't be afraid to asnswer.

Upvote 0

gideon army

Dec 3, 2009
This Side of Heaven
✟8,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You gave me a testimony that God answered your prayer in the affirmative... that does not answer my question winky.

Again, pls refer to post #46 & am waiting your respond before proceeding ;)

Upvote 0

washedagain

Jul 11, 2011
Austin Tx
✟16,154.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Again, pls refer to post #46 & am waiting your respond before proceeding ;)

I asked the question first. Answer me and I will be more than happty to answer you winky.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gideon army

Dec 3, 2009
This Side of Heaven
✟8,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I asked the question first. Answer me and I will be more than happty to answer you winky.

hahaha, ok then for i know you just 'snooked' yourself in post #46

Shall furnish you Scriptures instead of what i think for what i think is irrelevant for only Scriptures are paramount

Matt 13:15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull. [Their] ears are hard of hearing, And their eyes they have closed, Lest they should see with [their] eyes and hear with [their] ears, Lest they should understand with [their] hearts and turn, So that I should heal them.'

What does the above says? According to your interpretation?

It's reiterated in the Gospel of John but from a different perspective. Guess who has blind your eyes & harden your hearts to understand?

John 12:40 "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, Lest they should see with [their] eyes, Lest they should understand with [their] hearts and turn, So that I should heal them."

Now, back to Post #46 please

Upvote 0

washedagain

Jul 11, 2011
Austin Tx
✟16,154.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
hahaha, ok then for i know you just 'snooked' yourself in post #46

Shall furnish you Scriptures instead of what i think for what i think is irrelevant for only Scriptures are paramount

Matt 13:15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull. [Their] ears are hard of hearing, And their eyes they have closed, Lest they should see with [their] eyes and hear with [their] ears, Lest they should understand with [their] hearts and turn, So that I should heal them.'

What does the above says? According to your interpretation?

It's reiterated in the Gospel of John but from a different perspective. Guess who has blind your eyes & harden your hearts to understand?

John 12:40 "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, Lest they should see with [their] eyes, Lest they should understand with [their] hearts and turn, So that I should heal them."

Now, back to Post #46 please

Why can you not answer yes or no?

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Spirit has done His on me from the inside, and continues to do so. I have followed the conviction of the Holy Spirit, and I have stopped doing the things I did before. I am not perfect, but my sanctification has changed me and changed my behavior.

The question isn't whether the Holy Spirit is convicting you, the question is, are you repenting? Have actually you turned from those sins?

2 Corinthians 7:10

For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death.

Shame isn't doing you any good unless it leads to repentance. There is a godly grief when we sin.

If I may focus on the sentance..."You act like God doesn't care anymore if you sin or not"

I haven't written on these forums for months now. Yet you assume my stance on sin and can make a conclusion that I believe God doesn't care about if I sin or not. I believe I mentioned that when I do sin that the Holy Spirit prods me yet at the same time He reminds me of my Righteousness in Christ.

There is a shameful feeling when I sin, it causes me to reflect on how I could have handled a situation better and I learn from it. Perhaps I could have seen the issue arise earlier and detoured the situation before it happened.

But somehow you see this as me thinking God doesn't care about sin anymore. hmmmm, gotta think on that one.

You know, these "christians" that you claim to know that think they can go on sinning, perhaps sin more now, perhaps they are not truely saved inthe first place. They do not live with the Holy Spirit dwelling within them.

Now that I do have the Holy Spirit living within me, I feel the need to live a more sin-less life.

Joseh Prince does not continually bash his church with sin, sin,sin. But very often he very clearly makes the very bold statement... JOSEPH PRINCE DOES NOT BELIEVE SIN IS OK. Ok, now that he has put that out there he speaks of the power of Christ, and the Holy Spirit to help lead you from following your sinful desires.

Why on earth would he, as many other churches do, stand the on the pulpit, and do as he calls, pull you in to the pit, when as soon as you walk into the real world, and as you stated earlier, be rediculed, insulted, punished ect.

He uses the strength of the Holy Spirit to convict you from the inside of your sinful nature.

Your doing the opposite, your trying to get to the inside from the outside. As we know from the past, it didn't work. I believe in romans it speaks that when the law came, they sinned even more.

Once again, raise Jesus and the Holy Spirit, they which are in you will change you from the inside.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God loves that verse, because it is His Holy word. It's a warning for Christians, and everyone should pay attention to it. To say it is undirect is an incredible statement. It is quite direct and the implications are obvious.

It is not saying if you sin once, you are going to hell. It is talking about willful, habitual sin that is unrepented for. I found this summation from another poster which I think states my position:

"Here's the way I see it...if we say a little prayer and ask Jesus into our lives, but continue to live like hell then we are making a mockery of Christ's atonement. On the other hand...none of us are perfect, and we are going to sin in some form or another, daily...when the Spirit reveals to us that something in our life is sinful we need to repent of that...repent doesn't mean just saying I'm sorry, it means we turn away from that which is a hindrance to our faith and do our best, with the help of the Holy Spirit, to not repeat that same action again.

So, my opinion is, as long as we are doing all we can to live a godly life we are saved...but if we fall out of fellowship with the Lord we will have to suffer the consequences..."

It is a matter of abiding in Christ:

John 15:5-6

I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

if anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.

As you can see, those who don't abide in Christ fall away.

John 15:2

He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.

We may by no means treat the blood of Christ as our personal sin expense account. We need to do more than feel sorry..we need to repent and turn from sin. You can lose your salvation:

Luke 12:46

But if that servant says to himself, ‘My master is delayed in coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and get drunk,

the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces and put him with the unfaithful.

It's fine to preach on grace, but God is also Holy, and justice will be done. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. If you preach only on love and grace, you only have half of the picture.

I've seen this verse used to condemn every Christian out there. I'm sure satan loves this one also.

I'm not gonna try to explain this verse, it is too undirect and missunderstandable. Yet, as I do with most verses, lets try to live out the verse as many like to see it.

Now please correct me if I do not understand your understanding.

Deliberaly sinning, this could be the sin of cursing/ cussing, sexual, just undressing a man or woman with ones eyes, drinking excessively, not helping a nieghbor when I could have, walking by a homeless person without putting money in the jar, doubt that there is a God, doubting that God loves me, doubting Jesus didn't pay for all my sins, watching inappropriate content on the computer, holding a grudge against anybody.

The list goes on and on, they are all a sin. In your mind if I deliberatly do any of these, I go straight to hell.

Yup, I read it again, if I deliberatly do any of these I can have a fearful expectation of a raging fire. It doesn't sound like Heaven, it must be hell.

Lets say I have been saved for 40 years, for fourty years I do the impossible, I never deliberatly sin. In your understanding, I'm still heaven bound.

But, now I'm on my deathbed, I know I have hours to live. This is where the rubber meets the road. Oh, my God, I am wavering in my belief, I truely have stood on the foundation of Jesus as my savior but I feel as if I have not repented of all my sin.

Wow, all this time, I never had a deloberate sin, and now, I show a doubt to my destination, I show a doubt that Jesus' Grace is sufficient.

Oops, correct me if I'm wrong, but am I not going to hell. I thought this thought, I beliberatly thought the thought, I ask, am I going to the raging fire???

My best and most possible way to beat the verse of which you posted in the way you seem to direct it would be to not be saved all my life, then just as I am breating my very last breath, repent and acknowledge I need Jesus as my savior, fall back a die. Yeahhh. I died and I didn't have a chance to doubt God, which is sin.

Now if the verse means other than I have proposed it would be a great relief to me. Please explain.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"I loved BMW M3's/ Mercedes AMG's/ Nissan GTR's & Range Rovers in my childhood, i couldn't afford them - of cos. However, Jesus Blessed me Exceedingly Abundantly Above & Beyond whatever i could ask or think off with Scriptures manifesting when i Bought Porsche C4S/ BMW E46M3/ Merc C63 AMG/ Subaru STi Spec C/ Nissan GTR R35/ Range Rover Sports 5L Supercharged & shop at any top Internationally renowed brands, buying like there's No Tomorrow."

Your words condemn you here. This is what you do with the abudence God gives you? Buying like there is no tomorrow? This is exactly why the prosperity gospel is so warped, that a person could be so worldly and think that they are righteous.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even when you can get a direct answer, it's gibberish. There is something very wrong with all of this.

Why can you not answer yes or no?

Reactions: washedagain
Upvote 0

washedagain

Jul 11, 2011
Austin Tx
✟16,154.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Even when you can get a direct answer, it's gibberish. There is something very wrong with all of this.

And still no answer. That testimony makes my stomach hurt... a Christian acquiring so much fleshly worldly goods as all those cars(how many cars does one need) when there is so many that just need a meal.

I see that he was dirt poor and now wealthy and he speak nothing of blessing those that have not like Christ said.

Shakes head. What a twisted theology.

Upvote 0

Light hearted

May 15, 2008
✟8,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Holy Spirit has done His on me from the inside, and continues to do so. I have followed the conviction of the Holy Spirit, and I have stopped doing the things I did before. I am not perfect, but my sanctification has changed me and changed my behavior.

Ok, we'll start here. Your's and my theory are not far from each other. It is the way we express our santification.

Clearly we know sin is satan. Do this study, replace almost ever time the word "sin" is mentioned in Romans, and replace it with "satan". It fits perfectly.

Now let's focus on
Romans 8:5
Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit.

In your statement above you give credit to the Holy Spirit of which dwells within you. This Holy Spirit is where you aquired the stength to reduce your sinful actions.

The only possible way to change, such as you have done, to reduce the sinful nature is to focus with all your heart and soul and mind on the things of God. The only strength in your being that is not contaminated by sin is the Holy Spirit.

To Romans 8:5, listed above, this is the Christian task everyday, all day. By following this simple verse we can fight off the power of sin/satan.

I was saved 5 years ago, yes, great for the church, it helped bring me to my knees is a tearful state of guilt. Like I said, great for the church. Now I have no desire to listen to the teachings, much the same as you do on this forum, you peel the eyes off the Holy Spirit and I focus on sin/satan, sin/satan/ sin/satan, basically myself.

I then looked at myself more than Christ, I thought this was right, it's all I knew. Then I stumbled on to Joseph Prince. With in 10 minutes I'm sitting in my chair hooting and hollaring. Once again, the sin preaching was all I knew, period. So, it wasn't me who hooted and hollared, it was the Spirit within. His teaching opposed everything knew before, Yet, now I teared tears of joy.

My question then... why don't you use you're testamony of the Holy Sprit that keeps you from sinning to encourage believers. Which as in Romans 8:5 says we are to focus on the Holy Spirit.

I focused on me for a couple years, boom, dead end, Joseph Prince turned my eyes to Jesus.

I may be talking over my head, perhaps you have raised the Holy Spirit focus higher than sin/satan focus. I'll go back and check.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Light hearted

May 15, 2008
✟8,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God loves that verse, because it is His Holy word. It's a warning for Christians, and everyone should pay attention to it. To say it is undirect is an incredible statement. It is quite direct and the implications are obvious.

Yes I'm sure God loves this verse, it's not God that the problem is. It is man's understanding and the translation of the verse.

If your one who loves to bring believers down, and focus on themselves it is a terrific verse.

If you are saved, and want to encourage a lost person to be saved, it is a terrific verse.

If you want to not feel apart of this verse as a gentile, it's a teriffic verse.

Ha, direct my foot....

1). As you are using it, it is a vast pit for a christian to fall into, as you said, we all still sin. Exactly how many times can I repeat the same sin after being saved it I can expect my future to be a raging fire? How many times can I sin and repent? I may not do the sin again for 5 years after repenting the first time, but I did do it deliberatly, raging fire??

2). Next... wow, look closely, the knowledge of truth. When I was 20 years old my best friend told me about Jesus. I now had the "knowledge of truth". In other words, I had the knowledge of the savior Jesus Christ. But, did I accept it back then? NO. I went about my way. The knowledge of truth is not being a saved/born again person. It now makes me more accountable on judgement day that I did not accept. Where is my destination? Raging fire for me.

I mentioned the problems with the different translations of the bible. Refer to the New Living Translation.

Heb 10
19 And so, dear brothers and sisters,
26 Dear friends,

In 19,The writer is referring to brothers and sisters in Christ. Those saved Jews. By using the term "brother and sisters" he was confirming their part in Christ.

In 26, The writer is referring to the listeners as friends, not such a close relationship here. We could be looking at those just as I was at age 20, they heard and learned the knowledge of Jesus Christ, but haven't accepted Him as their savior yet. They also have a destination of the raging fire.

3). Next... The writer was talking to the Jews at that time. This means gentiles were not the intended audience, although, for a gentile who did believe in God, and made sacrifices to a false idol can learn from this also.
The Jews for hundreds of years gave animal sacrifices to wash thier sins away. This was all they knew, they were commanded to do so.
Now comes Jesus and brings forth a new covenant, Grace, what, we just have to believe in one man who died on a cross, this is unheard of.
Oh what a dificult time it must have been to convert, and if they finally did convert to Jesus, but everyone else was still making sacrifices, all be it wrong, how easy to slip back to the sacrifice routine.
Yes, saved people in this interpertation, but since there is NO sacrifice higher than Jesus, they fell from Grace, and went back to the law written on stones. Destination, raging fire.

Does this last description support your no osas idealology, sure.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's great that Joseph Prince improved your walk with Jesus, but he teaches prosperity and that is heretical. As I said, the man built a 300 million dollar church. That says it all about what kind of gospel he preaches.

I enjoy the fruits of Gods grace; He has been very merciful and kind to me. I don't try to do anything under my own power. I pray that God never let me make a decision by myself, and that He crush my will so His will be done. I know I am naturally inclined to sin if left unchecked, so I rely upon the Spirits help for my sanctification, and it has borne much fruit.

I take sin seriously. I know many Christians who are casual about sin, and think to sin is just natural and the blood of Jesus covers it so it isn't that bad. That's exactly what Satan wants them to think. God hates sin, and wants us to repent from it continually. As soon as you grow complacent with sin, you are becoming a lukewarm and potentially backslidden Christian.

Ok, we'll start here. Your's and my theory are not far from each other. It is the way we express our santification.

Clearly we know sin is satan. Do this study, replace almost ever time the word "sin" is mentioned in Romans, and replace it with "satan". It fits perfectly.

Now let's focus on
Romans 8:5
Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit.

In your statement above you give credit to the Holy Spirit of which dwells within you. This Holy Spirit is where you aquired the stength to reduce your sinful actions.

The only possible way to change, such as you have done, to reduce the sinful nature is to focus with all your heart and soul and mind on the things of God. The only strength in your being that is not contaminated by sin is the Holy Spirit.

To Romans 8:5, listed above, this is the Christian task everyday, all day. By following this simple verse we can fight off the power of sin/satan.

I was saved 5 years ago, yes, great for the church, it helped bring me to my knees is a tearful state of guilt. Like I said, great for the church. Now I have no desire to listen to the teachings, much the same as you do on this forum, you peel the eyes off the Holy Spirit and I focus on sin/satan, sin/satan/ sin/satan, basically myself.

I then looked at myself more than Christ, I thought this was right, it's all I knew. Then I stumbled on to Joseph Prince. With in 10 minutes I'm sitting in my chair hooting and hollaring. Once again, the sin preaching was all I knew, period. So, it wasn't me who hooted and hollared, it was the Spirit within. His teaching opposed everything knew before, Yet, now I teared tears of joy.

My question then... why don't you use you're testamony of the Holy Sprit that keeps you from sinning to encourage believers. Which as in Romans 8:5 says we are to focus on the Holy Spirit.

I focused on me for a couple years, boom, dead end, Joseph Prince turned my eyes to Jesus.

I may be talking over my head, perhaps you have raised the Holy Spirit focus higher than sin/satan focus. I'll go back and check.

Upvote 0