Life...

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
God sent His Son into this world so that we might have life IN THIS WORLD. We don’t “die and go to heaven” to have this life. It is available in the here and NOW as John always wrote of it in the present tense.

The Son was sent into THIS world so that we might have life in this world and have it more abundantly.

John 10:10 KJV
(10) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

If the Son was sent here so that we might have life, then ALL are “dead”. We are “dead” already as we walk in this world and are perishing as we walk toward the grave at a relatively rapid pace. The law of sin and death abides upon all.

But the Son came to speak to us IN the world….

John 17:12-17 KJV
(12) While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
(13) And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

He has given us His Word in this world. The Word is His Saying: have love for one another. This is the Way, the Truth and the LIFE. The world “hates” and lies in wickedness. The world is perishing as it is under the law of sin and death.

(14) I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

The Lord did NOT pray that we should NOT BE TAKEN OUT OF THE WORLD but that we should be kept from the evil of this world wherein all are perishing. We are to live this Life NOW and not in the “ by and by”.

(15) I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
(16) They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
(17) Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

The Son showed us the Way into the Life so that we might not perish from off the face of this world….for He did NOT pray that we should be taken OUT of this world.

“Perishing” is the physical body speeding toward the grave because of sin. We perish because of the law of sin and death. We might live a 100 years but the body is rapidly decaying and the end result is the same: the grave, death.

John 3:14-19 KJV
(14) And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
(15) That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son and we who believe in Him (DOING HIS COMMANDMENT to have unfeigned love for one another) are preserved body, soul and spirit in the here and now.

But who can believe this? Why do many believe it is after we “die and go to heaven” when the Son prayed that we are not to be taken out of this world but to be kept from its evil?

(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
(17) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

The Son of God is come and gives us true understanding so that we might know Him who is true. God is love and the only way to be preserved in the here and now is to have love for one another. We can not speak evil of another….judging others…and expect to have this life. We actually have to do it….having unfeigned love for each other.

His people are perishing because of a lack of knowledge. They have been led down the wrong path by falsehoods preached by false prophets….the wide gate and the broad way…to their own destruction.

Many are led away from having love for one another and into church denominations with all of their accompanying envying, strife and judging of one another over theological differences and commandments of men. Commandments of men, their arguments and their adherents lead us away from the Truth.

He that believes not is condemned ALREADY. If we do not have love for one another, how can we say we believe on Him if we do not do what He said to do?

(18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The knowledge of God….the Light….is come into the world but men love darkness instead. They love their own evil deeds more and so perish from off the face of this world because of their unbelief in what they hear.

(19) And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

All are “dead” already. All are condemned already. All have the wrath of God abiding upon them already as we all are perishing relatively quickly as we are being taken out of this world because of sin. The law of sin and death is at work upon all as all are perishing. All are under the law. But the Son came so that we might breakout of the law of sin and death and LIVE according to the Spirit which gives life to our mortal bodies. If we live after the flesh, we reap decay and death but if we live according to the Spirit, we have “eternal life”…life to the Age…. in the here and now.

John 3:34-36 KJV
(34) For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
(35) The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.
(36) He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

A “new”…fresh…commandment “saves” us…being preserved in the here and now body, mind and soul. We are kept “fresh” in body. Believing is doing it. There is no other way to be “saved”. Living in denominations, envying and strife is not doing what He had commanded us to do.

John 13:34-35 KJV
(34) A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
(35) By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

The FEW…FEW….FEW… have found THE Life. Do unto others as you would have them do to you for this IS the law and the prophets.

MANY go through the wide gate of the false prophets covetous teachings and have been led to their perishing off the face of this earth. When we live to the lusts of men in the high places of the churches, we perish.

Matthew 7:12-15 KJV
(12) Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
(13) Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
(14) Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
(15) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
(16) Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
(17) Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
(18) A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Every tree that does not bring forth good fruit is being “hewn down”….RIGHT NOW…and is cast into the fire.

(19) Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

If a man abides not in Him, he is cast forth as a branch is “withered”. The branch is the tongue and the tongue is a fire that defiles the whole body. We perish out of this world because we do not ABIDE in love for one another. What comes out of the mouth is what defiles the body itself.

John 15:5-12 KJV
(5) I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
(6) If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
(7) If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
(8) Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
(9) As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

If we keep His commandments, we shall ABIDE in His love. We ABIDE in the here and now…being “saved”…preserved….healed from death. Perishing and death is a “disease” that we all need to be healed from.

(10) If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
(11) These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

We have to have love for one another in order to be preserved in the here and now….body, mind and soul being preserved TOGETHER.

(12) This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

But many are going down the wide path because they do not come together for the better but for the worse. They come together for envying and strife and divisions.

1 Corinthians 11:17-20 KJV
(17) Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.
(18) For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
(19) For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

The Lord’s supper is to come together in unfeigned love for one another. As He loved us, we are to have love for one another….thereby partaking of the true Lord’s supper. We should not come together to have envying and strife with each other over who should be accounted the greatest among us.

(20) When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

Notice here in Luke 22 what happens at the Lord’s supper:

Luke 22:19-25 KJV
(19) And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
(20) Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
(21) But, behold, the hand of him that betrayeth me is with me on the table.
(22) And truly the Son of man goeth, as it was determined: but woe unto that man by whom he is betrayed!

They…the disciples…. had STRIFE among them about which of them is the betrayer and which of them should be accounted the greatest among them even at the table…at the Lord’s supper.

The churches also come together but not for the better. They dispute among themselves who the betrayers are and who should be accounted the greatest. Who is the correct church? Who is the “true” church? Who is the greatest church ? Who is the “saved” church? Little do they know that they are all betrayers and need to repent of their deeds of darkness.

(23) And they began to enquire among themselves, which of them it was that should do this thing.
(24) And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest.
(25) And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.

The Lord’s supper is to tarry for one another….having true, unfeigned love for one another. We are His body who we are to discern. This is not about literal eating and drinking but about having love for one another….the true Lord’s supper that we are to keep in remembrance of what He did for us.

1 Corinthians 11:23-31 KJV
(23) For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
(24) And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
(25) After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
(26) For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
(27) Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
(28) But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

We are to discern the Lord’s body. We are all members of His body.

(29) For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

MANY are weak and sickly among us and many “sleep”. We die because of the lack of love as we judge each other over our church teachings and commandments that divide us. Many have entered into the wide road leading to destruction. They do not abide in Him because of the striving with each other over who is accounted the greatest and who the betrayer is among us. They are cast forth as a branch and wither as false prophets gather them to burn.

(30) For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
(31) For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

continued in next post...

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
....continued from previous post

The wrath of God is upon all right now…as we are all currently perishing to the grave. He has turned man to destruction and says “RETURN”……

Psalms 90:1-17 KJV
(1) A Prayer of Moses the man of God. Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.
(2) Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
(3) Thou turnest man to destruction; and sayest, Return, ye children of men.
(4) For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

In the morning of our lives we are like grass that grows up…..

(5) Thou carriest them away as with a flood; they are as a sleep: in the morning they are like grass which groweth up.

We flourish for a time and grow up but in the evening it is cut down and we wither away to the grave. We are “cut down”. Our lives are cut short because of the wrath of God that is abiding currently upon all men.

(6) In the morning it flourisheth, and groweth up; in the evening it is cut down, and withereth.
(7) For we are consumed by thine anger, and by thy wrath are we troubled.
(8) Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins in the light of thy countenance.

All our days are passed away in His wrath…for all are under the wrath of God. All are perishing from the earth in a relatively short amount of time.

(9) For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told.

We might live 70 or 80 years or more….but the quality of life is not the same as when we were younger.

(10) The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.
(11) Who knoweth the power of thine anger? even according to thy fear, so is thy wrath.

The Son of God comes to give us an understanding so that we might know Him who is true.

(12) So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
(13) Return, O LORD, how long? and let it repent thee concerning thy servants.
(14) O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
(15) Make us glad according to the days wherein thou hast afflicted us, and the years wherein we have seen evil.
(16) Let thy work appear unto thy servants, and thy glory unto their children.
(17) And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.

Knowing God (God is love) is “eternal life”.

1 John 5:18-20 KJV
(18) We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
(19) And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
(20) And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

He comes to give us understanding so that believing we might have life through His name. We believe on His authority over our thoughts and ways. We believe on His authority over our lips and what comes out of our mouths. We confess with the mouth at all times that He is Lord over us.

John 20:31 KJV
(31) But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

What comes out of the mouth is what defiles us.

James 1:25-26 KJV
(25) But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
(26) If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

The MANY…the multitude….are called to hear and understand.

Matthew 15:10-11 KJV
(10) And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:

That which comes out of the mouth defiles the man. Sin is the missing of the mark of having love for one another. We can not use our tongues to bless God and curse other men. The tongue is what causes men to perish from out of this world.

(11) Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

To “defile” is to make common. Man, who acts like a beast with the evil things that comes out of his mouth, dies just like the beasts. His fate is no different than the beasts of the outside world. He shares a common fate….under the “sun”…under the law.

Ecclesiastes 3:18-20 KJV
(18) I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.

When one has “one breath” with the beasts, we speak evil things out of our mouths which is vanity….emptiness.

(19) For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

What comes out of the mouth is what makes us common with the beasts…

(20) All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

We are not to be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord who tells us the Truth that we should not taste of death until we see the kingdom of God which will come upon the entire world in its time.

Luke 9:26-27 KJV
(26) For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
(27) But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

We are not to be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord who makes manifest that death is abolished….that is, made idle….and has brought LIFE and immortality (not decaying) to Light in the here and now through the good news. He saves us…we are preserved mind, body and soul.

2 Timothy 1:8-13 KJV
(8) Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
(9) Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
(10) But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:
(11) Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

Yet, the unbelievers shall persecute those who will believe such things…but we are not to be ashamed.

(12) For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
(13) Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

The testimony of Jesus is that if a man keeps His saying (to have love for one another), he shall never see death…that is, not behold of death unto the Age. We are to BELIEVE this.

Yet, the religious professors shall not bridle their tongues and will speak evil of this as they did with Jesus who brought this Life to Light. He came to render death idle in the here and now.

John 8:51-52 KJV
(51) Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

The religious of yesterday did NOT believe this.

They in a sense responded that the fathers have fallen asleep and did not believe the promise of His coming. They basically scoffed at him saying “where is the promise of His coming for the fathers have fallen asleep”. Abraham is dead and so are the prophets. The fathers have fallen asleep and you say that we should not taste of death if we keep His saying?

(52) Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.

They scoffed at this saying as they will today as they will say “where is the promise of His coming?’

2 Peter 3:3-4 KJV
(3) Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
(4) And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

And the promise is “eternal life". It is brought to Light in the here and now..in this world for life in this world.

1 John 2:24-28 KJV
(24) Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
(25) And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

But men shall disagree and try to seduce you with their covetous teachings. We are to ABIDE in Him. We ABIDE in the here and now….”saved” in body, soul and spirit.

(26) These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
(27) But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
(28) And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

To be continued…

Upvote 0

strangertoo

sin is diabolical abuse of fellow humans-1John 3:8
Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
1 John 2:25 and this is the promise that He did promise us—the life the age-during.

physical life always ends, even in Jesus' kingdom in the new earth :-

Isaiah 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 John 2:25 and this is the promise that He did promise us—the life the age-during.

physical life always ends, even in Jesus' kingdom in the new earth :-

Isaiah 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old
Isa. 65:20 is talking about the Millennium -- not the new earth. Once the new earth is formed, there will no longer be death at all.

Upvote 0

strangertoo

sin is diabolical abuse of fellow humans-1John 3:8
Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
Isa. 65:20 is talking about the Millennium -- not the new earth. Once the new earth is formed, there will no longer be death at all.

of course there will be death, anyone sinning in the new earth kingdom come will die a second time, wages of sin is still death to remove sinners from the equation of the salvation of the countless many in the kingdom [Rev 7:9-10] who were all [and more] destroyed in this earth [Matt 7:13], resurrected from hell after the Millennium [Rev 20:13] :-

Revelation 20:5 and the rest of the dead did not live again till the thousand years may be finished

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
We are to “tarry” until the Lord comes with power over the entire earth….the promised earth wherein exists the home of righteousness. He does not say we shall not die but we shall ABIDE unto His coming. We are made sojourners here as we wait for His coming to this world. This world will pass away but those who will keep His Word and not deny Him with their works of envy and strife shall “tarry”.

John 21:21-24 KJV
(21) Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?
(22) Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.
(23) Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?
(24) This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.

Our whole spirit, soul and BODY shall be PRESERVED blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 KJV
(23) And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(24) Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

The prophets knew of the grace that should come to us. They knew of the glory of Christ that should follow His sufferings. They knew of His salvation that should come to us and they did write about these things for us. It was revealed to them that they did minister these things unto us and not unto themselves.

We are made partakers of the inheritance of the saints (the prophets) in Light as we preach their words in the Light of the knowledge of God. The Father delivers us from the power of darkness….the ignorance of religious-sounding men…and translates us into the kingdom of His dear Son.

Colossians 1:12-14 KJV
(12) Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
(13) Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
(14) In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

When we shall rise from the “dead”…..being delivered from those whose words lead us into the wide path of destruction….to the grave, we shall be as the “angels” which are in heaven. The “angels” are the prophets whose words we shall speak in the knowledge of God to lead others to His righteousness….to THE Life.

Mark 12:24-25 KJV
(24) And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?
(25) For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

We will be as the “angels” which are in heaven for we shall preach the gospel unto others with the Holy Spirit….the Breath….sent down from heaven. The “angels”….all of the prophets and apostles…desire to look into these things for they did write these things for our benefit.

1 Peter 1:12-25 KJV
(12) Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
(13) Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

By His grace are we delivered from those who are living in envy and strife in their denominations . We are to be obedient….honoring the “fathers”….the prophets and apostles who were sent by the Father to write the things that they had seen of Christ.

(14) As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
(15) But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
(16) Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

He gives us “eternal life” as we “sojourn” here. This world will pass away but those who will do His Saying…to have love for one another…shall not pass away…for He will keep us standing.

(17) And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

We are not redeemed by the empty things of our church fathers. Neither their teachings nor their commandments save anyone.

(18) Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
(19) But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
(20) Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
(21) Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

This is the Word we have heard from the beginning: have love for one another.

(22) Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
(23) Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

For all flesh is as grass which withers and the glory of man shall fall away.

(24) For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

But the Word of the Lord endures to the Age….and those who will do His Saying…His Word…shall also endure as the Word is made flesh by us DOING it.

(25) But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

If a man keep His Saying….His Word, then he shall not see death unto the Age when the kingdom of God comes to this entire world with power.

John 8:51 KJV
(51) Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

We shall ABIDE in the here and now as we wait for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:6-8 KJV
(6) Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:
(7) So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

He shall confirm us unto the end……
(8) Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We are to keep His testimony….His Saying….His Word…so that we may abide in the here and now. We shall CONTINUE…..

1 John 2:24-25 KJV
(24) Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
(25) And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

To be continued….

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The man “Simeon”….. which means “hearing”…. represents those who will hear what the Spirit is saying….for the Spirit revealed to him that he should not see death before he had seen the Lord’s Christ. Simeon was a just and devout man….as he waited. He had the promised life.

Luke 2:25-35 KJV
(25) And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
(26) And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
(27) And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
(28) Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,

And he lived to see the Lord’s Christ and so death was on his terms so to speak. He speaks …requests….his “death” in a way here being fully satisfied with his long life…the promised life…..”now let your servant depart in peace”. … Into your hands do I commit my spirit for I have seen your redemption.

Simeon did not feel the sting of death. He did not experience the wrath of God upon him. He did not suffer the ill effects of sin upon his body nor spirit nor soul for he was devout and just and experienced the “salvation” of the Lord himself. He did not perish away to the grave in sickness or sorrow or weeping but was granted to depart in peace.

He had seen His salvation with his own eyes…for he experienced a long life as he waited to see the Lord’s Christ. He departed in PEACE…..

(29) Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:

His eyes did see His salvation…for he did not die until he saw the coming of the Lord. He did ABIDE in the Truth that was revealed to him by the Spirit and the Spirit was upon him. He was a pre-witness of the “eternal life” that is available in Christ Jesus in the face of all people.

(30) For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
(31) Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
(32) A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.
(33) And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him.

Yet, not all will believe His words of spirit and LIFE as many shall turn away from the “hard saying”.

(34) And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;
(35) (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

The Pharisees could not believe: “ if a man keep my saying, he shall not see death” until the Age….the coming of the Lord Jesus .

(52) Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.

The Pharisees declined their own mercy. They could not come on the journey because of their unbelief. They would die in their sins and be removed from this earth instead of living the promised life and abiding.

John 8:21-24 KJV
(21) Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.
(22) Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.
(23) And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
(24) I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Another man who experienced “eternal life” is Caleb…who was a believer…a overcomer. He lived to see and conquer the promised land. Who were the ones who could not come to the “promised land” but the unbelievers. We are made partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast UNTO THE END.

Hebrews 3:14-19 KJV
(14) For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
(15) While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
(16) For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
(17) But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
(18) And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
(19) So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

To be continued…

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
“Caleb” meaning “dog” was a man who knew he wasn’t going to die until he saw the promised land. He was promised life and knew when he should die….after receiving the promise. Jesus came to render death idle for those who will hear…for those who will believe and do His saying: have love for one another. Caleb was a believer and did not rail against the Truth. Better to be a living “dog”… “Caleb”…than a dead lion.

Ecclesiastes 9:4-5 KJV
(4) For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

The “dead” know not anything. They live in fear of death…not knowing when it shall come about and in what manner. Caleb had an assurance from God.

(5) For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Caleb was a believer. He was an overcomer.

Numbers 13:30 KJV
(30) And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it.

But the others were naysayers…grumblers…complainers…UNBELIEVERS. They did not hearken unto His voice but instead provoked what they heard.

Numbers 14:22-24 KJV
(22) Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;
(23) Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it:

But Caleb had another spirit with him and had followed the Lord. He heard and believed and confessed the Truth while the others were of the spirit of the antichrist….opposing, contradicting.

(24) But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.

Those who had tasted of the land to come and believed LIVED STILL. They experienced the promised life….”eternal life”.

Numbers 14:38 KJV
(38) But Joshua the son of Nun, and Caleb the son of Jephunneh, which were of the men that went to search the land, lived still.

They had tasted of the good word of God and the powers of the age to come…..

Numbers 13:23-26 KJV
(23) And they came unto the brook of Eshcol, and cut down from thence a branch with one cluster of grapes, and they bare it between two upon a staff; and they brought of the pomegranates, and of the figs.
(24) The place was called the brook Eshcol, because of the cluster of grapes which the children of Israel cut down from thence.
(25) And they returned from searching of the land after forty days.

They brought back the Word to them and showed them the things to come.

(26) And they went and came to Moses, and to Aaron, and to all the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the wilderness of Paran, to Kadesh; and brought back word unto them, and unto all the congregation, and shewed them the fruit of the land.

They tasted of the good Word and the powers of the age to come but they fell away…..

Hebrews 6:4-9 KJV
(4) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
(5) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
(6) If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
(7) For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

….they brought up slander upon the land. They vilified what they heard….bearing thorns and briers.

(8) But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
(9) But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

They were murmurs, complainers, scoffers, unbelievers….and they took down those who were gathered together with them…those who listened to their vilification and agreed.

Numbers 14:35-37 KJV
(35) I the LORD have said, I will surely do it unto all this evil congregation, that are gathered together against me: in this wilderness they shall be consumed, and there they shall die.
(36) And the men, which Moses sent to search the land, who returned, and made all the congregation to murmur against him, by bringing up a slander upon the land,

That which bears thorns and briers is rejected and is near unto cursing…..

(37) Even those men that did bring up the evil report upon the land, died by the plague before the LORD.

These unbelievers did not inherit “eternal life” as did Caleb. They died in their sins and could not come to inherit the promised land.

Numbers 26:65 KJV
(65) For the LORD had said of them, They shall surely die in the wilderness. And there was not left a man of them, save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun.

Caleb wholly followed Jehovah….

Joshua 14:7-11 KJV
(7) Forty years old was I when Moses the servant of the LORD sent me from Kadeshbarnea to espy out the land; and I brought him word again as it was in mine heart.
(8) Nevertheless my brethren that went up with me made the heart of the people melt: but I wholly followed the LORD my God.

….he received the inheritance because of that….

(9) And Moses sware on that day, saying, Surely the land whereon thy feet have trodden shall be thine inheritance, and thy children's for ever, because thou hast wholly followed the LORD my God.

….he possessed eternal life for Jehovah kept him alive to see the promised land and inherit it. He kept him alive as He said….His promise of “eternal life”.

(10) And now, behold, the LORD hath kept me alive, as he said, these forty and five years, even since the LORD spake this word unto Moses, while the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness: and now, lo, I am this day fourscore and five years old.
(11) As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so is my strength now, for war, both to go out, and to come in.

Will we also believe and do what He says so that we might live to see the coming Age? Will we believe and take hold of "eternal life"...life to the Age?

The scoffers will come forth and bring up a slanderous report upon the land. Where is the promise of His coming? Where is the promise of "eternal life" for all have fallen asleep and things are just as they have been since the beginning? but it is by the Word of God we shall abide.

2 Peter 3:3-4 KJV
(3) Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
(4) And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

To be continued…..

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Caleb believed and wholly followed the Lord while the others brought an evil report upon the land. They did bear “briers and thorns” with their words of unbelief. Caleb had to suffer with them for 40 years in the desert while they complained and murmured and challenged authority. The unbelievers perished in the desert not inheriting the promised land. They were so close and yet so far because of unbelief.

Judgment starts at the house of God before the world is judged. The “men of war” …the contradictors…the complainers…the unbelievers ….the sinners among the people….must die out.

Deuteronomy 2:14-16 KJV
(14) And the space in which we came from Kadeshbarnea, until we were come over the brook Zered, was thirty and eight years; until all the generation of the men of war were wasted out from among the host, as the LORD sware unto them.
(15) For indeed the hand of the LORD was against them, to destroy them from among the host, until they were consumed.
(16) So it came to pass, when all the men of war were consumed and dead from among the people,

The “second death” is not like the death that is common of all men.

Numbers 16:28-35 KJV
(28) And Moses said, Hereby ye shall know that the LORD hath sent me to do all these works; for I have not done them of mine own mind.
(29) If these men die the common death of all men, or if they be visited after the visitation of all men; then the LORD hath not sent me.

Jehovah makes a “new thing”….that is creates, a new creation…one in which they will have no inheritance in because of their unbelief as they will challenge the authority of God and those who He has sent. They will go down quick into the pit…sudden destruction….even in the prime of their lives. Their own mouths which shall speak evil shall swallow them up so to speak. The tongue is a fire which shall set the whole wheel of life on fire. It is a world of evil.

The “second death” shall not be like the death that is currently common to all men. The judgment starts at the house of God.

(30) But if the LORD make a new thing, and the earth open her mouth, and swallow them up, with all that appertain unto them, and they go down quick into the pit; then ye shall understand that these men have provoked the LORD.
(31) And it came to pass, as he had made an end of speaking all these words, that the ground clave asunder that was under them:
(32) And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods.
(33) They, and all that appertained to them, went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the congregation.
(34) And all Israel that were round about them fled at the cry of them: for they said, Lest the earth swallow us up also.
(35) And there came out a fire from the LORD, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered incense.

But the believers shall ENDURE UNTO THE END. They shall ABIDE in the Lord…as they will do His commandments. They will take shelter in the Lord and not be afraid of the evil when it comes to the rebellious. Even though the rebellious shall “kill” us for believing in His name…His authority over us.

Matthew 24:9-14 KJV
(9) Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
(10) And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
(11) And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
(12) And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

And those who will endure unto the end….the same are the “saved” because they ENDURE UNTO THE END of this age to see the “world to come”….the Age to come.

(13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

And the gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in ALL of the world for a witness unto ALL nations. We shall participate in conquering the world for Christ in much the same way that Joshua and Caleb and the children of Israel conquered Canaan….the promised land. Of course, it is God who conquers the world and we are to be His fellow helpers.

(14) And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

As Caleb suffered in the desert 40 more years, we also shall suffer with Christ as those of the churches shall persecute us with their mouths. If we suffer with Him, we shall also be glorified together with Him.

Romans 8:16-21 KJV
(16) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
(17) And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
(18) For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
(19) For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
(20) For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
(21) Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

We are to be as Moses who chose to suffer affliction with the people of God rather than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season. Those who will persecute us because of the faith we have shall take pleasure in what they will do. They will think that they are doing God “service” while they “kill” us with their evil words…false accusations….speaking of us “evil doers” because we will no longer run with them in their churches of darkness.

Hebrews 11:25-27 KJV
(25) Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
(26) Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.
(27) By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

The “promised land” is the promised earth that is coming in the next Age. The home of righteous shall dwell in this same terra firma….yet it will be men’s hearts that shall be changed. The gospel of the kingdom shall be preached unto ALL of the world. ALL men EVERYWHERE shall be commanded to repent…change their minds.

Acts 17:30-34 KJV
(30) And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Because He has appointed a day in which He shall judge the world in righteousness by that man whom He has ordained. The Lord Jesus Christ has been ordained and is the proof unto all men that God raised him from the dead. WE, also, who were once dead in sins and trespasses shall be made ALIVE in the here and now where we LIVE to the Age by the power of God. WE shall be living proof that there is a God by our unending life….

(31) Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Yet, some shall mock at that. Jesus was dead and is ALIVE and has the keys of death and Hades to loosen us from “death” in the here and now. He renders it idle. He abolishes death in the here and now so we can live to the Age. But we must BELIEVE and LIVE in Him so that we can live…have “eternal life”.

(32) And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.
(33) So Paul departed from among them.
(34) Howbeit certain men clave unto him, and believed: among the which was Dionysius the Areopagite, and a woman named Damaris, and others with them.

Our weapons of war as we take the "promised land"...the promised earth... shall not be carnal but spiritual pulling down all of the world's exalted things to the obedience of Christ.

To be continued…

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
As Jesus says, whosoever HEARS His Word and believes on Him that sent Jesus into this world so that we might have life in THIS WORLD has (present tense) the Life to the Age NOW and shall not come into condemnation. That person has passed from death unto life NOW. He shall NOT PERISH as all are now.

John 5:24-27 KJV
(24) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

The hour is coming and NOW is when we that are “dead” ALREADY in trespasses and sin shall hear His voice and they that hear shall live NOW. We are “dead” already even as we walk this earth for the body is perishing to the grave rapidly. We are condemned already. We are under the wrath of God already but God so loved the world that He sent His Son into the world so that we might have THE life and have it more abundantly.

We don’t die first to receive this Life but cross over from death unto the Life NOW.

(25) Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
(26) For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
(27) And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Jesus has been given power over all FLESH so that he should give the LIFE to the Age to as many as have been given to him.

John 17:1-3 KJV
(1) These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
(2) As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

How do we know God and Jesus Christ? By doing His commandments….having love for one another…IN THE HERE AND NOW. Jesus Christ was SENT into this world so that we might know the only true God…having life. Therefore, “eternal life” is SENT here to this world NOW.

(3) And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

He that believes on Him (doing what he says: have love for one another) has the Life to the Age NOW.

John 6:47-54 KJV
(47) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

He is the bread of the Life NOW.

(48) I am that bread of life.

The fathers did eat manna in the wilderness and are dead. The point is….they are not here in the flesh now but had died. The focus is the here and now in this world.

(49) Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

But this Bread which comes down from heaven abolishes the death of the flesh in the here and now. If a man continues to eat of this Bread, he shall not die in the here and now but shall be preserved wholly body, soul and spirit to the Age.

(50) This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

If we continue to eat of this Bread, we shall live to the coming Age.

He came to give His flesh for the life of the world. The whole world shall know this Life in the coming Age. But we who first trust in Him and DO what He says to do shall know this Life NOW. The hour is coming in which the whole world shall know THE Life but the hour is NOW for us who first hear His voice and trust in Him.

(51) I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
(52) The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
(53) Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

If we do what He says and have love for one another as He loved us and gave His life for us, we HAVE the Life to the Age NOW and He shall raise us up IN GLORY at the last day. We have the Life NOW and He shall raise us up in Glory at the last day when the world shall be judged. The raising up at the last day is not about being raised to life but being raise up in His glory for all to see.

(54) Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

But many did not receive His sayings…His “hard saying”.

John 6:60 KJV
(60) Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

Even Martha had a hard time believing. How many “Martha’s” today will be saying the same thing as she did?

John 11:23-27 KJV
(23) Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.

For she said unto him, “I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day”.

(24) Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

But Jesus corrects her and says “I AM the resurrection and the life…” He is the resurrection of life NOW. How many today put the Life at the last day? We are all good as “dead” now, yet we shall LIVE if we believe and LIVE in Him and He shall raise us up in His glory at the last day.

(25) Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

We have to actually LIVE His words…doing them…. and believe in Him.

(26) And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Yet, Martha does not echo that belief. She says “I believed that you are the Christ, the Son of God which should come into the world.” There she stops short of confessing that He is the resurrection and the Life.

(27) She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

And when she had said so, she went HER WAY.

How many shall go their way away from the words of the resurrection and the life? How many shall think this is a “hard saying? How many shall be ashamed of the Lord’s words and go away? Many have believed that He is the Son of God but will not admit that His words are for the Life NOW. They echo Martha’ s words: it will be at the “last day”.

(28) And when she had so said, she went her way,and called Mary her sister secretly, saying, The Master is come, and calleth for thee.

Many of His disciples went back and walked no more with Him because of His “hard saying”.

John 6:66-69 KJV
(66) From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
(67) Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

But the 12 stayed with Him. They confessed both things: that He has the words of eternal life (He IS the resurrection and the Life) AND that He is the Christ, the Son of the living God. “thou hast the words of the Life to the Age”…..

(68) Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

…AND we believe are sure that you are that Christ, the Son of the LIVING God.

(69) And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

Because we love each other, we know that we have passed from death to life. Living in denominations bogged down in envy and strife and following the lusts of religious men is not having love for one another. We MUST separate from their company so that He may receive us…so that we might have the life. We can not be attached to a “dead” body…touching the “grave” of men’s teachings and commandments.

1 John 3:14 KJV
(14) We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

Passing from death unto life is the crossing over the Jordan on dry ground. “Jordan” means “descender, to go down” and represents going down to the grave…. death. The wages of sin…evil speaking…is death.

What comes out of our mouths is a river of death so to speak because we speak the hate, envy, strife, covetousness, malice in our hearts as we strive with one another over who is accounted the greatest among us and who the betrayer of Jesus is.

But Jesus came so that we can have remission of sins (He dries up the Jordan) and we can control the tongue and so have THE life. The wages of sin is death. The wages of evil speaking is death. But we are called to inherit a blessing: “ETERNAL LIFE” when we have one mind and have love for each other….having compassion one of another….loving as brothers…..

1 Peter 3:8-11 KJV
(8) Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:
(9) Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
(10) For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
(11) Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.

What “blessing” are we to inherit when we get along with each other as brothers? “Everlasting LIFE”….the Life to the Age.

Psalms 133:1-3 KJV
(1) A Song of degrees of David. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
(2) It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;

For there has Jehovah commanded “the blessing”: LIFE for evermore…to the Age. This is the blessing we shall inherit in the here and now.

(3) As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.

We are to be built upon the words of the apostles and the prophets as a living temple…Jesus being the stone that holds us all together.

Joshua 4:20-24 KJV
(20) And those twelve stones, which they took out of Jordan, did Joshua pitch in Gilgal.
(21) And he spake unto the children of Israel, saying, When your children shall ask their fathers in time to come, saying, What mean these stones?

Jesus is the WAY, the Truth and THE LIFE. We are to follow Him in the Way not going to the left or to the right.

(22) Then ye shall let your children know, saying, Israel came over this Jordan on dry land.

If we have love for one another as He loved us (the ark of the covenant), the waters of death shall be dried up before us. We cross over from death unto life because we have love for one another as brothers.

(23) For the LORD your God dried up the waters of Jordan from before you, until ye were passed over, as the LORD your God did to the Red sea, which he dried up from before us, until we were gone over:

We have “eternal life” because the waters of death shall dry up…and so ALL of the people of the earth shall know the power of Jehovah…that it is mighty. Our lives themselves shall be evidence of Him who is IN us. The life of Jesus within us shall be manifested in our mortal flesh for all to see.

(24) That all the people of the earth might know the hand of the LORD, that it is mighty: that ye might fear the LORD your God for ever.

In the Way of righteousness is life. the pathway through the Jordan is dry ground. There is NO DEATH in the pathway for the waters of the Jordan have been dried before us.

Proverbs 12:28 KJV
(28) In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof there is no death.

We have this treasure in EARTHEN vessels so that the excellency of the power (the hand) may be of God and not of us. The flesh profits nothing in extending our lives.

2 Corinthians 4:7-11 KJV
(7) But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Our earthen vessels are not destroyed because we suffer with Him.

(8) We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
(9) Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

We bear about IN THE BODY the dying of the Lord Jesus for we shall be persecuted by our very own for believing in His authority and not religious man’s. We bear about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus for we shall withhold our tongues from speaking evil when we are spoken evil of….as “evil doers”. We do this so that the LIFE also of Jesus might be made MANIFEST IN OUR BODY….OUR MORTAL FLESH.

(10) Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
(11) For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

To be continued…

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
FEW have found the Life while MANY have been led to their destruction…to the grave.

Matthew 7:13-15 KJV
(13) Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
(14) Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Why? Because MANY have been led and are being led down the wrong path by the mouths (the wide gate)of false prophets who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly they are ravening wolves that devour their prey. They come only to steal and destroy.

(15) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

They come to you in sheep’s clothing…..having transformed themselves into the apostles of Christ….

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV
(13) For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
(14) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

They come to you in sheep’s clothing…..having transformed themselves as ministers of righteousness.

(15) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

They come to you speaking “good words and fair speeches” in order to deceive the hearts of the simple. Being deceived = being led to the grave = destruction of the flesh. Multitudes have been and are being deceived by religious-sounding men who are to be avoided.

Romans 16:17-18 KJV
(17) Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
(18) For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

They serve not our Lord Jesus Christ but their own belly….covetousness…as the wolves have entered in among us not sparing the flock. The flock is not being fed the words of spirit and Life….the words of spirit and Truth and are perishing because of a lack of knowledge …not being fed.

Acts 20:28-35 KJV
(28) Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
(29) For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
(30) Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
(31) Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.
(32) And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.
(33) I have coveted no man's silver, or gold, or apparel.
(34) Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me.
(35) I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

The false apostles have enlarged their souls as the grave. They are as death which cannot be satisfied as they gather unto themselves all people and lead them to their destruction with their falsehoods…deceptive words.

Habakkuk 2:5-12 KJV
(5) Yea also, because he transgresseth by wine, he is a proud man, neither keepeth at home, who enlargeth his desire as hell, and is as death, and cannot be satisfied, but gathereth unto him all nations, and heapeth unto him all people:

They have laden themselves with thick clay….heaping to themselves ill-gotten riches and people whom they have led to their deaths…to the grave.

(6) Shall not all these take up a parable against him, and a taunting proverb against him, and say, Woe to him that increaseth that which is not his! how long? and to him that ladeth himself with thick clay!

But the people shall “awake” out their induced sleep brought on by their falsehoods.

(7) Shall they not rise up suddenly that shall bite thee, and awake that shall vex thee, and thou shalt be for booties unto them?

Men’s blood has been spilled. There is violence in the land….for the falsehoods that are being preached are leading many to their destruction…to their deaths.

(8) Because thou hast spoiled many nations, all the remnant of the people shall spoil thee; because of men's blood, and for the violence of the land,of the city, and of all that dwell therein.

And all for what? Covetousness.

(9) Woe to him that coveteth an evil covetousness to his house, that he may set his nest on high, that he may be delivered from the power of evil!

They have cut off many people from having “eternal life”. FEW find it as MANY go through the wide gate and the broad way to the grave.

(10) Thou hast consulted shame to thy house by cutting off many people, and hast sinned against thy soul.
(11) For the stone shall cry out of the wall, and the beam out of the timber shall answer it.
(12) Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and stablisheth a city by iniquity!

They use their flattering tongues…Babylon.

Proverbs 26:24-28 KJV
(24) He that hateth dissembleth with his lips, and layeth up deceit within him;

They speak “good words and fair speeches” to deceive the hearts of the simple. Do not believe them….for there are 7 abominations in their hearts. The flattering tongue rides upon a 7 headed beast as it hides what the abominations in the heart. Their hearts are FULL (7) of abominations which are hidden by the flattering tongue. Inside they are FULL of the dead men’s bones whom they have deceived.

(25) When he speaketh fair, believe him not: for there are seven abominations in his heart.
(26) Whose hatred is covered by deceit, his wickedness shall be shewed before the whole congregation.
(27) Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him.

A lying tongue HATES those who are afflicted by it….

(28) A lying tongue hateth those that are afflicted by it; and a flattering mouth worketh ruin.

He that loves not his brother abides in death. A flattering tongue hates those who are afflicted by it as no truth comes out of their mouths. Whoever hates his brother is a murderer and no murderer has “eternal life” abiding in him.

1 John 3:14-15 KJV
(14) We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
(15) Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

The hearts of the simple have been deceived by the “good words and fair speeches” of those who serve their own belly. If we keep His words, we shall LIVE. We are to keep His Law to have love for one another as the apple of our eye. We are to keep His commandments wholly.

Proverbs 7:1-27 KJV
(1) My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee.
(2) Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.
(3) Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.
(4) Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman:

If we keep His words then we would have stayed away from the “strange woman”…the flattering tongues of men who speak “good words and fair speeches” in order to deceive.

(5) That they may keep thee from the strange woman, from the stranger which flattereth with her words.
(6) For at the window of my house I looked through my casement,

The hearts of the simple have been deceived by the good words and fair speeches of men who do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ. The simple are void of understanding…because they do not keep His commandments and so are easily seduced by the flattering tongues of religious- sounding men who lead them into their churches….the graves…the chambers of death.

(7) And beheld among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding,

There is a church building upon every corner and its recruiters come out to gather in the simple to their denominations .

(8) Passing through the street near her corner; and he went the way to her house,
(9) In the twilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night:
(10) And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart.

They abide not in their “house”. They not in the doctrine of Christ: to have love for one another. They are “busybodies” .

(11) (She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house:

The flattering tongue lies in wait for the lives of many. She is at EVERY corner seeking to deceive the simple and MANY have fallen for her.

(12) Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth in wait at every corner.)
(13) So she caught him, and kissed him, and with an impudent face said unto him,
(14) I have peace offerings with me; this day have I payed my vows.

They come to you in sheep’s clothing….in all deception.

(15) Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee.

The commandments of men turn many from the Truth. Men subvert whole houses teaching things they should not for “filthy lucre”.

(16) I have decked my bed with coverings of tapestry, with carved works, with fine linen of Egypt.
(17) I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.
(18) Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves.
(19) For the goodman is not at home, he is gone a long journey:
(20) He hath taken a bag of money with him, and will come home at the day appointed.

The “good words and fair speeches” deceive the simple.

(21) With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.

And little do they know that it is for their very lives as “eternal life” does not abide in them. They go immediately into their congregations of death and stay there.

(22) He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks;

They do not know that their lives as been stolen from them. The thief only comes to steal and destroy people’s lives.

(23) Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.
(24) Hearken unto me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of my mouth.
(25) Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths.

She…the flattering tongue…has cast down MANY wounded. MANY strong men have been slain by her.

(26) For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her.

Her house is the way to “hell”…the grave…going down to the chambers of death. MULTITUDES have had their lives taken from them by the flattering tongues of men who come to us in sheep’s clothing by inwardly are ravening wolves.

(27) Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death.

Minds have been corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. It is simple: have love for one another.

2 Corinthians 11:3-4 KJV
(3) But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Many put up with those who complicate things…to their own destruction.

(4) For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

continued in next post...

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
....continued from previous post.

They make the Word of God (the Saying: have love for one another) of none effect through keeping their church traditions….the transmissions of religious-sounding men that have been perpetuated through generations.

Mark 7:13 KJV
(13) Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

They have complicated the simplicity that is in Christ by teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. They worship Him in vain.

Mark 7:6-9 KJV
(6) He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
(7) Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Many lay aside the commandment of God to have love for one another to hold on to the transmissions of men. The commandments of men only glory on the outside. Those who do them glory in the flesh.

(8) For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
Keeping the commandments of men turn us from the Truth. We reject the commandment of God to keep out own particular denomination’s transmission.

(9) And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

But our God is full of GRACE and will deliver us from the power of Satan unto Him. He will deliver us from the power of darkness. Even though we may be the staunchest adherent to our own religion, He shall deliver us from the errors of our ignorant ways.

Acts 26:5-18 KJV
(5) Which knew me from the beginning, if they would testify, that after the most straitest sect of our religion I lived a Pharisee.
(6) And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God unto our fathers:
(7) Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.
(8) Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?

Even though we have done many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth, He shall show us GRACE ….having mercy upon us.

(9) I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.

Even though we have put many in a “prison” by teaching for doctrines the commandments of men and have led many to put to death……

(10) Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.

Even though many have been compelled many to blaspheme by teaching things we ought not…we can be forgiven by His exceeding Grace.

(11) And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.
(12) Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests,
(13) At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.

He shall reveal Himself to us in the Light of the knowledge of God so that we might see whom we are really persecuting.

(14) And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
(15) And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.
(16) But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;
(17) Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

The incredible abundant GRACE was shown to Saul/Paul. We share in this same abundant grace also as we shall have the eyes of our understanding opened by the blinding Light which shall turn us from the power of Satan (DEATH) unto God receiving the forgiveness or sins and an inheritance (eternal life) among them which are sanctified by FAITH that is in Him.

(18) To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

The Light shines….He saves us and calls us with a holy calling. Not according to our church works…the dead works of dead men…but according to His own purpose and GRACE.

2 Timothy 1:9-11 KJV
(9) Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

The Light shines. He has abolished death and has brought THE Life and immortality to LIGHT through the good news.

(10) But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:
(11) Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

The Light shines to destroy the works of the devil….which leads to DEATH.

1 John 3:7-8 KJV
(7) Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
(8) He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

The devil has the power of death….in the words that many preach which lead the MANY astray to destruction.

Hebrews 2:14-15 KJV
(14) Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Our Lord delivers us who through the fear of death were made all of our lifetimes subject to the bondage of the commandments of men.

(15) And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

How many have been preached to /terrorized by men over and over again saying that we will die and go to “hell” if we do not follow them and their commandments.... only NOT realizing we are already there sitting there in death and Hades listening to them. They put us in fear of death with their words. We are already in the grave...in the congregation of dead people... as we sit there accepting their flattering words and false teachings. Let us come together to eat and drink and be merry for tomorrow we die. Let us build denominations and form commandments of men and build great church buildings so as to make a name for ourselves in this world. Let us come together to strive with each other as to who is accounted the greatest church among us and who the betrayer-of-Jesus church is.

But our Lord has the keys to death and Hades to let His church out.

Revelation 1:17-18 KJV
(17) And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
(18) I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

We, who are dead in trespasses and sins, shall be made alive as He was dead and behold, is alive for evermore.

Ephesians 2:1-6 KJV
(1) And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

We will look back to our church lives when we finally wake up to the Truth and realize who were once walking according to the course of this world to our very own deaths. The prince of the power of the air had led us astray. Words travel in the airways and they can deceive. The power of death is in the air in the tongues who speak falsehoods.

(2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

We were by nature the children of wrath…for the wrath of God still did abide upon us as we were perishing away to the grave when we had lived among religious-sounding men. We were perishing just like the outside world having not the life. But God who is rich in mercy and His love makes us alive TOGETHER with Christ. By His GRACE are we preserved….saved.

(3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
(4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
(5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
(6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

To be continued…

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The lights in the firmament of the heaven are for signs, seasons, days and years….

Genesis 1:14-17 KJV
(14) And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
(15) And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
(16) And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
(17) And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

The lights are the commandments of God and those who keep them.

Proverbs 3:1-2 KJV
(1) My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:

The commandments of God (the lights) are for seasons, days and years…that is, for length of days and years (long life). They prolong our lives in the here and now.

(2) For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.

The “lights” are set in the “firmament of heaven”….our HEARING…so that we may REMEMBER and not forget to do His commandments. The Lord our God is one and we should have love for one another…living in unity in Him.

Mark 12:29-31 KJV
(29) And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

The greater light:

(30) And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

The lesser light:

(31) And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

The lesser light is done so that ALL men should know that we are His disciples.

John 13:34-35 KJV
(34) A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
(35) By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

We shall shine as lights in the world….to a dark world. We shall be as the stars….living long lives. Signs are we to those living in darkness.

Philippians 2:14-16 KJV
(14) Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
(15) That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

As the lights, we hold forth the Word of life…for by doing it, we live long lives and shows forth Him who is IN us. We live to the Age….living to the Day of Christ.

(16) Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

We are to fear God and keep His commandments….for this is the WHOLE of man (not the whole duty as the word duty is added but the whole of man). It preserves us in the here and now wholly: BODY, soul and spirit.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 KJV
(13) Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

REMEMBER the Creator in the days of our youth BEFORE the evil days come. If we become forgetful and do not His commandments then the inevitable comes: aging, breaking down, sorrow, pain, death….which are all part of the condemnation for sin.

Ecclesiastes 12:1-7 KJV
(1) Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;

Remember His commandments and keep them (while the sun, light , moon or stars be not darkened). If we forget then it is like the clouds returning after the rain. The darkness sets in when we forget the words of the prophets and the commandments of the apostles. Our understanding becomes darkened and our minds become futile as we are alienated from the LIFE of God.

(2) While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:

If we forget His commandments and not do them, then the destruction of the flesh comes and death eventually in the day of our visitation. the days shall come in which we shall have no pleasure in.

The hands start to tremble….the strong men of our legs bow themselves and the grinders (the teeth) cease because they are few. The eye sight goes bad (those that look out the windows be darkened).

(3) In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,
(4) And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;
(5) Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:
(6) Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

If we forget to keep His commandments, then the inevitable comes: the day of our VISITATION in which the dust shall return to the earth as it was and the spirit (the breath) returns to God who gave it. The wages of sin is death to the body.

(7) Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Let us not forget to have love for one another and be not deceived.

James 1:14-25 KJV
(14) But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

When sin is finished with the body, it brings forth death.

(15) Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
(16) Do not err, my beloved brethren.
(17) Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
(18) Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
(19) Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
(20) For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
(21) Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Be DOERS of the Word (the Saying: have love for one another) and not hearers only.

(22) But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

If any be a hearer of the Word but not a doer, consider what happens to the natural face over time. We forget how we looked when we were young as the flesh is destroyed.

(23) For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
(24) For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
(25) But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

God is not mocked….for whatsoever a man sows, that he shall also reap.

Galatians 6:7-9 KJV
(7) Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

For he that sows to his flesh …evil speaking, envying, strife….shall reap corruption…decay in the flesh and death. But those who shall sow to the Spirit shall reap life to the Age in the here and now.

(8) For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
(9) And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Romans 2:7-8 KJV
(7) To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
(8) But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

Consider and remember Daniel who did eat “pulse” and drank water for ten days. “Pulse” means “something sown”…..as sowing to the Spirit. The water is the water of life. Consider the different result between what Daniel ate and the children of disobedience who ate the portion of the king of Babylon’s meat: envying, strife…sowing to the flesh.

Daniel 1:12-15 KJV
(12) Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.
(13) Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants.
(14) So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days.
(15) And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat.

to be continued…

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Death and the Life are in the power….the hand….of the tongue. Choose Life and not death. The tongue defiles the whole body. What comes out of the mouth is what defiles the man. We “eat” the “fruit” thereof.

Proverbs 18:20-23 KJV
(20) A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
(21) Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

The tongue is a “wife”….the woman…to the hidden man of the heart. Whosoever finds a “wife” finds a good thing……

(22) Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.

….for the “wife” of a humble man shall speak humbly to the Truth and not as the rich….the proud man…. who uses his tongue for flattery and will rail upon those who will speak the Truth.

(23) The poor useth intreaties; but the rich answereth roughly.

Let your “wives”….your TONGUES….be in subjection to the hidden man of the heart so that others may be won over by the graciousness of your speech even though they may not agree with what is spoken. Treat others with kindness even when confronted by the those who will fiercely oppose.

1 Peter 3:1-11 KJV
(1) Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
(2) While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.

Let not the tongue speak flattery. This is how Babylon….the flattering tongue… “dresses” up to deceive others.

(3) Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

The “hidden man of the heart” = the husband. The “ornament” of a meek and quiet “spirit”….that is, BREATH. With the breath we speak words. If one speaks the knowledge of God, then one should be of a meek and quiet spirit….in the SIGHT (knowledge) of God. It is of great price to behave accordingly and not be belligerent toward those who will speak His knowledge.

(4) But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
(5) For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:
(6) Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

It is the tongue that is the “weaker vessel”. It is to be in subjection to the “hidden man of the heart” by ruling over it so that it is not used for rudeness, pride, hatred, strife, etc.

(7) Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Peter is not switching gears here in topic. The “wife” is all about the tongue. We are to be pitiful and courteous toward one another.

(8) Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:

The “wife” is the weaker vessel. We are not to use our tongues to return evil to those who will rail upon us and speak evil of us when we preach the Word. Use our tongues in a good way so that those who will not obey the Word may be won without the Word by the behavior of the “wives”….the tongues. Bless those who will curse us so that others may be won over.

(9) Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

Compare verse 9 with verse 1. This is saying the same thing.

(1) Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

For he that will love life and see good days, let him refrain his tongue (the weaker vessel, the wife, the woman) from evil. Refrain the lips from speaking guile…deceit. Let the “woman” NOT dress up with plaited hair and wearing of gold…..which is all about using the tongue for flattery while hiding the covetousness in one’s heart.

(10) For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
(11) Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.

Death and life are in the power ….the open hand….of the tongue. What comes out of the open mouth is what defiles the man. The body is being destroyed (aging, breaking down, death) by it because of the sin that comes out of it. It is the tongue that gives the fruit of death to the body. Whoever loves death or life shall eat the fruit of it. Death and life are in the power of the tongue.

Genesis 3:6 KJV
(6) And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

The tongue is the little member of the body and yet is “the bone of our bones and flesh of our flesh”. What the tongue does affects the flesh….for they are ONE. The tongue defiles the WHOLE body of man when used for evil.

Genesis 2:23-24 KJV
(23) And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
(24) Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

The tongue….the “wife”….is what defiles the flesh if it is used for evil. That is why we are to love our tongues as our own bodies…..because they are intimately linked together (bone of bone and flesh of flesh).

Ephesians 5:28-33 KJV
(28) So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

No man hates his own flesh but nourishes it and cherishes it….yet we use the tongue to destroy it. Let us live to the Holy Spirit instead…..using the Breath to speak love in Christ Jesus who is in the hidden man of our hearts.

(29) For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
(30) For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
(31) For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
(32) This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
(33) Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

A healing tongue is a tree of life.

Proverbs 15:4 KJV
(4) A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.

If a man offend not in word, then he is able to bridle the whole body.

James 3:2-16 KJV
(2) For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word,the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
(3) Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
(4) Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
(5) Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

The tongue which is used for evil defiles the whole body….for it is the bone of our bones and flesh of our flesh. Our lives are set on fire by it as we perish from off this earth. Our bodies are perishing because of the tongue…..a world of evil.

(6) And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
(7) For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:

No man can tame the tongue. All men sin. But God sent His Son into the world that we might have THE Life. Through His mercy we are forgiven for our sins and can rule over the tongue and have life. “Go and sin no more”.

(8) But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

Eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil brings forth death. Out of the same mouth (same tree) proceeds blessing and cursing. We have all eaten of this “tree” and are perishing. All have sinned with their mouths.

(9) Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
(10) Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
(11) Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
(12) Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
(13) Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
(14) But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
(15) This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
(16) For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

And because we are eating of this tree…..blessing and cursing out of the same mouth….cursed is the “ground” for our sake. The “ground”……. is the flesh. In sorrow shall we eat of it all the days of our short lives if we sow after the flesh. If we sow after the flesh, we shall reap corruption….DECAY of the body…until we return to the dust….death of the body.

Genesis 3:17-19 KJV
(17) And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Thorns and thistles shall it bring forth to us until we return to the dust. We break down and perish from off the face of this earth because of the evil use of the tongue.

(18) Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
(19) In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

This is why we should not be deceived by others….another “woman”….Babylon….the flattering tongue. Let us not “eat” what they are serving. Let us not speak what they are speaking. Let us not teach what they are teaching.

1 Corinthians 6:15-17 KJV
(15) Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
(16) What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
(17) But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

We are to use our tongues for the Lord. The “wife” is to be made ready. We are to confess our sins. We are to confess that He is Lord over our tongues.

Revelation 19:7-9 KJV
(7) Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
(8) And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Then we can be used to preach the Word to others….the “true sayings of God”.

(9) And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

To be continued…

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Let those who have only heard and speak the parables of the Bible keep silent.

The tongue should not speak out in evil as one will hear the interpretation of a parable by others in this coming time. Let your “women”….the tongues…keep silent in the called out….for some will speak against what they will hear in defense of their parable-only speaking or understanding.

This is not about literal “women” keeping silent in church but about the tongues that do not have understanding and therefore should keep silent in the face of someone speaking the Word in Truth and Spirit.

1 Corinthians 14:34-38 KJV
(34) Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

If they will LEARN anything, let them ask GOD…their HUSBAND…at the “home” of the HEART.

It is a shame for the unknowledgeable tongue to speak in the called out who will speak the Word of Truth in Spirit in order to build the church. Let them who have no understanding ask for WISDOM in the heart and not rail upon what is given. Let them ask for the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him so that they may learn.

(35) And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

What? Came the Word of God out from you? Or came it unto you only?

This is a clue that points toward Miriam who was not afraid to speak against Moses who talked with God face to face and not in dark parables.

(36) What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?
(37) If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
(38) But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

Some will contest the “marrying” of the Ethiopian woman….the interpretation of dark sayings in defense of their parable-only understanding. They will challenge those who were sent of God to interpret. The “women” ….the tongue….of the unknowledgeable should remain silent and ask God in their hearts for wisdom. Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses as some will do in this coming time when they will hear the Truth spoken in Spirit.

Numbers 12:1-11 KJV
(1) And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.

What? Came the Word of God out from you? Or came it unto you only?

(2) And they said, Hath the LORD indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the LORD heard it.
(3) (Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.)
(4) And the LORD spake suddenly unto Moses, and unto Aaron, and unto Miriam, Come out ye three unto the tabernacle of the congregation. And they three came out.
(5) And the LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth.

The Lord does speak in the parables and dark sayings of the Bible (which are the “visions” and “dreams”)

(6) And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

….but not so with those who are faithful in all of His house…..

(7) My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.

….for they shall speak mouth to mouth the Word of God plainly and not in dark speeches. The parable of Jehovah they shall behold and speak.

Therefore, the “women” who only understand the surface parables(dreams and visions) should not speak against the servants of God who will speak the parables of the Scriptures in truth (prophesying) and not in dark sayings (tongues) where others do not understand what is being said.

(8) With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?
(9) And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them; and he departed.
(10) And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous.
(11) And Aaron said unto Moses, Alas, my lord, I beseech thee, lay not the sin upon us, wherein we have done foolishly, and wherein we have sinned.

When we speak the Bible without the true understanding behind the parables, we are speaking to God only and not for others because there is no real understanding of what is being said.

1 Corinthians 14:2-6 KJV
(2) For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

But those who will preach His Word with TRUE understanding of the parables do so to build the church . They speak to others the Word of Truth in revelation by which they are built together and comforted.

(3) But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.
(4) He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

Greater is he (MOSES) that he that speaks with tongues (MIRIAM). Therefore the “tongue” speaker needs to keep silent when the interpreter of the parables speaks….for greater is he that prophesies by interpreting the dark sayings of the Bible than he that speaks the parables only.

(5) I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

The dark sayings of the Bible only profit those who will hear it spoken with understanding…..by revelation.

(6) Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?

If any lack wisdom, let him ask God…..the “Husband” at “home”. That man should not “upbraid” what is given to him. He should not disesteem the wisdom just because it does not conform with his own preconceived thoughts and teachings. He must receive wisdom in faith and not rail upon what has been given him.

James 1:5-8 KJV
(5) If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
(6) But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
(7) For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
(8) A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

To be continued….

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,200.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
God sent His Son into this world so that we might have life IN THIS WORLD. We don’t “die and go to heaven” to have this life. It is available in the here and NOW as John always wrote of it in the present tense.

The Son was sent into THIS world so that we might have life in this world and have it more abundantly.

NO.

Matthew 10:39
Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

You are certainly lost in context for you make Matthew 10:39 sound very funny.

To have an abundant life is also the desire of the wicked - those who worship the flesh. It is nothing special to rave about, for it only feeds the appetites of the flesh, it amounts to nothing.

Why would God bless you with *nothing*;)

"Life" in the context of the Gospel is doing the Will of the Father. Believe it or not, it will drive the wicked sick just explaining to them what it is... ....For it has nothing to do with satisfying the flesh, nothing to do with happier family, bigger/more cars, better house, better things, trophy wife, trophy kids, better friends, better success...

If you also believe that 'religiously' obeying the Gospels for couple of years, then expect to become rich afterwards, you are gravely mistaken. Following Jesus involves eating His food until you die.... To MOST people in the world, that food poison to them! It will kill them!

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi Timewerx,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, life is not about the possession of those things…although all things are from God. Life IS doing His will…amen! His will is to have love for one another. Having love for one another…living to the Spirit…. is what gives our mortal bodies THE life.

Looking past the headline of this over-long thread, the things I have laid forth does not speak of the possession of things. This has never been about getting the things of this world but of the life of the body….which is to be “saved”…preserved wholly in body, soul and spirit unto the coming of the Lord to this earth. This is about being “alive and remaining” in the here and now until the Lord comes.

Life is living here without perishing....decaying, breaking down and exiting this world in pain and sorrow. Even Moses showed us what life should be like….right up to the end. His “natural force”….his freshness, vigor…was not abated even to the day of his death.

Deuteronomy 34:7 KJV
(7) And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated.

All are “dead” even while we walk this earth. We are all “perishing” …decaying….away to the grave. Our “natural force” IS being abated until that day when the angel of death comes knocking on our door.

This is because of sin and the wages of sin is death to this house of flesh. The body is being actively destroyed from this earth because of the tongue…the little member of the body…. that is used for speaking evil of others. The tongue misses the mark by not showing love toward others and so the body is affected. People are perishing because of a lack of this knowledge.

We spring up in the morning of our short lives and then not long after, we hit the summertime of life….and then the fall season sets in before we know it which is followed by the cold, dark winter of old age where we are rapidly breaking down as we face the inevitable grave that is awaiting for us.

The length of our years may reach to 70 or 80+ but the quality of those latter years is poor as we wane in the “twilight” of our lives.

Life is a mystery for many and seemingly cruel as we speed away to a bitter end….an end that is one of pain, sorrow and tears. Some may not be so fortunate. Some die before their “time” in a car crash….others, may perish in the high noon of their lives because of a bad disease.

Those who die before they reach the end of a “normal” lifespan are not any more guilty of sin than those who don’t. The end result is the same no matter. If chance doesn’t get us, then time will as the grim reaper stalks us all. It is the visible wrath of God that abides upon all and all are already condemned to die because of sin. All are under sin so that He might have mercy upon us.

Our God who is full of mercy and love for us sent His Son into this world so that we might have life IN this world.

This is the place where we need it….for we are all perishing in a shortened time frame as the human body is decaying and breaking down because of sin. This is life in the here and now is NOT a rehearsal for something else. when we die, our spirit goes back to God who gave it.

Jesus was sent so that He could show us the Way to have His life IN this world. He came to give us the knowledge to truly live. He came to speak the words of THE life and spirit IN this world.

He came to give His life for ours by which we have remission of sins and can LIVE truly IN this world…being preserved wholly in body, soul and spirit. The same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead shall also give our mortal bodies (which are dead because of sin) true Life so that we might truly live in the here and now.

Jesus prayed not that we be taken OUT of the world but that we are kept from the evil of the world. We are IN the world but not OF the world.

John 17:15-16 KJV
(15) I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
(16) They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

This is not about getting the things of this world….for this world passes away. None of those things should be sought after for the Father knows we have need of them. The BODY and the LIFE are the important things.

But here is the thing: we actually have to DO His will to have THE life. We have to have unfeigned love for one another as He loved us and gave His life for us. If we hear His will and not DO it, then we do not have life in us. We are then still “dead” even while we walk here.

John 6:53-61 KJV
(53) Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

We are to eat of His flesh and drink His blood to have “eternal life”…life to the Age. We do not eat of Him and “die”… but we LIVE. That is His promise. We have THE life in this world NOW.

“Eternal life” is having life to the coming Age when He will raise us up in His glory (having it more abundantly). He came to “abolish” death in this life and bring to Light the life and immortality that is being offered to us NOW. NOW is the day of salvation….not later after we “die and go to heaven”.

(54) Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
(55) For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
(56) He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
(57) As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

He that will eat of this Bread shall LIVE to the coming Age (“forever” is a bad translation).

(58) This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
(59) These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.

But who can hear this? Who can believe the report? For many, this is a “hard saying”.

(60) Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
(61) When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?

If a man keeps His saying….to have love for one another, then he shall not see death….to the Age.

Yet, here is where the mockers start their vilifying.

They ask where is the “promise of His coming” for since the fathers have fallen asleep all things have been the same? What is the promise? Eternal life…life to the age.

Why have many not lived THE life? Because of the words of false prophets who have led them down the broad way to their destruction. Many have been deceived by the flattering tongues of religious-sounding men who are responsible for many perishing people. The thief only comes to steal and destroy but Jesus comes to open up our minds to the Scriptures so that we might truly understand and depart from being unequally yoked together with them. The unbelievers shall persecute those who will believe in His words for they will not understand why you will leave their “churches”…their graves.

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 KJV
(14) Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
(15) And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
(16) And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
(17) Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
(18) And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

For a man’s foes shall be of his OWN HOUSEHOLD….his own church people who will not believe in this coming time. This is not about literally leaving one’s own flesh and blood family but the family that we have worshipped with….in error of the Truth.

Matthew 10:36-42 KJV
(36) And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
(37) He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
(38) And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

The word “life” here in Matthew 10:39 is really SOUL. The soul is the thoughts and intents of the heart. We are to lose our own religious thoughts and ways for His thoughts and ways. His thoughts and ways are higher than ours. It is our SOUL that we are to lose.

(39) He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

We are to lose our own erroneous thoughts in order to receive the thoughts of Him. He sends His prophets out to enlighten people’s minds. Some will receive what is said but others will not as they will seek to keep and defend their own denominational commandments…their own interpretations…their own thoughts…their own ways.

(40) He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
(41) He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.

Some will receive the words (a cup of cold water so to speak) of those who are sent by Him .

(42) And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

Others will add drunkenness to thirst as their hearts are full of wrath at what they will hear and will speak evil of the Truth and those who will preach it. They will put evil to the mouths of those who will preach the Word of Truth in this coming time.

John 19:29-30 KJV
(29) Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.

And there will be no more sacrifice for willful sins for those who will continue to speak evil after receiving the full knowledge of the Truth…. “it is finished”.

(30) When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Those who are OF the world will not hear the people who are sent by Him . They will not show any love to those who will speak with the Spirit of Truth. Those who will continue to behave in their envy and strife are not of God.

1 John 4:5-7 KJV
(5) They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
(6) We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
(7) Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,200.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I honestly don't like to read very long threads, sorry, not your fault. However, just reading the first few lines of your OP, conveyed a completely different message to myself. I thought you are preaching the false 'prosperity gospel' because it sounded that way, but apparently, not.

But glad we agreed on that first part. Just to clarify....

...There are two kinds of food, infinitely distinct from each other...

One food came from the Tree of Life, and the other from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Most people are eating from the 2nd tree - me-god, self-esteem/importance through worldly knowledge - in order to be successful in the secular context. Many just use God as an accessory to their worldly success - a genie of some sort when in fact, they can simply attribute their success to God allowing them to be consumed by their greed and lust for more... Unfortunately, God will not try to save you all the time, that's what free will is for.

Only very few people are eathing from the 1st tree (of life) - Will of the Father, denying yourself, humility, death of the flesh, etc. Those eating from the 'forbidden tree' classifies the 'Tree of Life' as the 'Tree of Losers'.

'Me-god'/self-esteem/raise myself ....vs.... humility/others before self. Yet, you can see many 'Christian' Churches promote teachings of self importance "increasing value of self". Beware of false teachings! It's too obvious but many choose NOT to understand!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0