Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Brylcreem... the must have of the growing gang mentality of the 50's with their rat tailed combs. Evolved into the greasers of the 60's which beat on the long hair movement. Not everything was worthy of nostalgia. lol

My dad was U.S. Navy and not a ganger or greaser, but Brylcreem was one of his staples. :)

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,867.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The cars were definitely amazing. If someone hit you in a 50's car, there might be a dent. Today, the plastic cars will be totaled going at 5 mph if a crash occurs.

Yes but the 50's car bounced wildly turning occupants to mush. Still, you cant beat the stylings of the 50's and 60's before everything became bland and indistinguishable.

And it was far easier to do some of the work on them yourself. Of course you had to as things went wrong far more often and oil changes were far more frequent.

No pesky seatbelts, so the mush issue was significant. The car might not be damaged all that much in a 30 mph crash, but occupants were apt to go through the windshield!

I think I prefer the car to be totaled and walking away over the car having minimal damage and me leaving in a body bag.

Also some of the muscle cars from the 60s got close to single digit miles per gallon. Close enough that if you used their muscle for a tank it would be single digit.

And let's not forget leaded gas!

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And it was far easier to do some of the work on them yourself. Of course you had to as things went wrong far more often and oil changes were far more frequent.

No pesky seatbelts, so the mush issue was significant. The car might not be damaged all that much in a 30 mph crash, but occupants were apt to go through the windshield!

I think I prefer the car to be totaled and walking away over the car having minimal damage and me leaving in a body bag.

Also some of the muscle cars from the 60s got close to single digit miles per gallon. Close enough that if you used their muscle for a tank it would be single digit.

And let's not forget leaded gas!
I don't see that as an either/or, in that one either has a car totaled or yourself totaled. I had a bump or two in old cars with no damage to anyone.

It is true they got worse mileage.

Upvote 0