Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
where there is summer all year and sea all around
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only reason you could become obsessive over a non-essential topic is because of the convoluted model of eschatology the SDA church conjured. The result of embracing Adventist interpretation is an inability to read the Bible for what it actually says, and calling the Biblical message "nonsense".

Here you would force your view of a symbolic woman equaling the church, regardless of how its used. You force the notion that the church is a prostitute in your example above. You also forced the church's existence before it was established, during the tenure of the old covenant the church didn't exist within. You've started some threads that fixate on known errors in your pet English translation ('Why not Jesus?' thread comes to mind), and here you again rely on a faulty translation in order to prop up a theological impossibility.
The bible says as I have stated. The part about the church being a prostitute is not just my example, it is what the bible says. You did not take the time to see or completely ignored the fact that at that time the church had moved away from God. Therefore the condition of a prostitute.
Revelation uses the term harlot, again it is reference to a church that is not of God's leading.
Hosea puts it all in contexts. The harlot he was married to reflected the Jews/church that when away from God and the many times God went back for her.
In conclusion, both of us in relation to our beliefs as to what God requires of us are both harlots or one of us. One of us are of His true church or both of us are not. One of us got it right or both of us got wrong. For sure there is a harlot/prostitute among us. A church that while it is called by the name Christain it is not of God.

Upvote 0

VictorC

Jesus - that's my final answer
Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The bible says as I have stated.
It's very obvious that the Bible doesn't support your intent to insert a theological impossibility into Holy Writ.
The part about the church being a prostitute is not just my example, it is what the bible says.
We watched you insert a mistranslation into a post, and now you're throwing another tantrum because someone else showed this to you.
You did not take the time to see or completely ignored the fact that at that time the church had moved away from God. Therefore the condition of a prostitute.
And of course you didn't find any reference to a church in the text.
Revelation uses the term harlot, again it is reference to a church that is not of God's leading.
I recognize this latest allusion, and I also recognize that Adventist interpretation is in error.
Hosea puts it all in contexts. The harlot he was married to reflected the Jews/church that when away from God and the many times God went back for her.
Hosea never addresses the church. This is another fallacy you've forced into Scripture, a common practice you engage in, as I observed before:
I changed the emphasis in what you posted, in hopes you would see your own monumental blunders - blunders so incredible I wonder if you're bordering on functionally illiterate.

First: "Look carefully and see that God did something on the seventh day Sabbath."
There is no Sabbath recorded anywhere in the Genesis account. It is as if you can't read a Bible, nor even Cribstyl's post that mentions this.

Second: "It is no ordinary day."
The verb "is" denotes the present tense, and is an obvious error when applied to an event in the distant past, namely the seventh day that was well over two million days ago. What is wrong with you? Didn't they teach basic grammar to you in the former British colony of Barbados, a sovereign state that brags about how literate their population is in comparison to their neighbors?

Adam was a first-person witness when He accounted for God's rest on the seventh day. This is probably the primary reason we know about it, aside from divine inspiration given to the Biblical authors later on (and I include Moses in this). And yet you willfully chose to flush all memory of the seventh day down the porcelain pot, ignore God's rest, and mumble incoherent nonsense about the Sabbath that became a periodic shadow of a singular event and didn't exist until ordained thousands of years later. You are nearly illiterate and completely incompetent, Elder111. You sure don't seem able to read what's presented before you and provide a response to it.

The rest of your post continues to build on a premise that is abject error, and I will quote only one short portion of it for comment.

You have not shown that Adam did anything on the seventh day, other than witness God's rest. Didn't it ever occur to you that Adam wasn't God? What is wrong with you? There was no obedience called on from Adam in relation to the seventh day. The implied (and missing) verb in your incomplete sentence "Obedience to God" is in the present tense and is absurd, especially in light of deflection to an unrelated subject (forbidden fruit). Your claim "The Sabbath was blessed from Adam's first full day of life" is so far removed from the Biblical account showing there was no Sabbath during Adam's lifetime that you show all of us your devotion is contrary to the Bible.
Devotion to error "supported" by inserting theological impossibilities, mistranslations, and kindergarten-level grammatical blunders is the hallmark of every cult pretending to pass for 'Christian'.
In conclusion, both of us in relation to our beliefs as to what God requires of us are both harlots or one of us. One of us are of His true church or both of us are not. One of us got it right or both of us got wrong. For sure there is a harlot/prostitute among us. A church that while it is called by the name Christain it is not of God.
Well, we know that you're wrong just because you don't accept anything in the Bible. That has been the nature of all your posts, from the OP forward.

A discussion forum such as CF is able to provide a venue members can learn by interaction with others who have studied some topic and can offer insight some aren't aware of yet. It can be a wonderful place for an education, sometimes painfully forcing a learning a learning curve that would embarrass most other venues. I've been blessed with an education here and on CARM, learning from others who can show me precious pearls gleaned from the Word of God.

I submit you've been ordained to show others the nature of a select cult that can't learn anything.

Upvote 0

LarryP2

Mar 13, 2014
✟1,841.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The part about the church being a prostitute is not just my example, it is what the bible says.

Why smarmy, ugly, dishonest, vicious, libellous smears like this are allowed on a Christian website is just beyond comprehension. And to have it done on what is titled to be an "orthodox section" where orthodox Christian doctrines are being discussed is just mind-boggling. This poster's church also refers to Catholicism as "The harlot of Babylon" and Sunday-Keeping Protestant Churches as "The Apostate Daughters of the harlot of Babylon."

A church that while it is called by the name Christain it is not of God.

And your filthy, dishonest trash emanates from a discredited ideaology that should never ever be allowed to post on a Christian website. That orthodox Christianity's legitimacy has been called into question and frontally attacked here cannot be any clearer. That the sincerity and basic integrity of 3 billion Christians from the foundation of Christianity is being called into question simply cannot be disputed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why smarmy, ugly, dishonest, vicious, libellous smears like this are allowed on a Christian website is just beyond comprehension. And to have it done on what is titled to be an "orthodox section" where orthodox Christian doctrines are being discussed is just mind-boggling. This poster's church also refers to Catholicism as "The harlot of Babylon" and Sunday-Keeping Protestant Churches as "The Apostate Daughters of the harlot of Babylon."

And your filthy, dishonest trash emanates from a discredited ideaology that should never ever be allowed to post on a Christian website. That orthodox Christianity's legitimacy has been called into question and frontally attacked here cannot be any clearer. That the sincerity and basic integrity of 3 billion Christians from the foundation of Christianity is being called into question simply cannot be disputed.
Our Jesus, Lord and Saviour did it first. Mat. 7:
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
It is a fact. All "Christians" are not of God. My God said it, if you have a problem with it take up with God.

Upvote 0

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's very obvious that the Bible doesn't support your intent to insert a theological impossibility into Holy Writ.

We watched you insert a mistranslation into a post, and now you're throwing another tantrum because someone else showed this to you.

And of course you didn't find any reference to a church in the text.

I recognize this latest allusion, and I also recognize that Adventist interpretation is in error.

Hosea never addresses the church. This is another fallacy you've forced into Scripture, a common practice you engage in, as I observed before:

Devotion to error "supported" by inserting theological impossibilities, mistranslations, and kindergarten-level grammatical blunders is the hallmark of every cult pretending to pass for 'Christian'.

Well, we know that you're wrong just because you don't accept anything in the Bible. That has been the nature of all your posts, from the OP forward.

A discussion forum such as CF is able to provide a venue members can learn by interaction with others who have studied some topic and can offer insight some aren't aware of yet. It can be a wonderful place for an education, sometimes painfully forcing a learning a learning curve that would embarrass most other venues. I've been blessed with an education here and on CARM, learning from others who can show me precious pearls gleaned from the Word of God.

I submit you've been ordained to show others the nature of a select cult that can't learn anything.
There are not theological impossibilities. They are just not accepted by you.
What I love about God is that He uses those who are at the lower level of society like fishermen and shepherds. Fantastic isn't it?

Upvote 0

VictorC

Jesus - that's my final answer
Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There are not theological impossibilities. They are just not accepted by you.
What I love about God is that He uses those who are at the lower level of society like fishermen and shepherds. Fantastic isn't it?
A more complete quote follows, which you didn't address:
Devotion to error "supported" by inserting theological impossibilities, mistranslations, and kindergarten-level grammatical blunders is the hallmark of every cult pretending to pass for 'Christian'. We know that you're wrong just because you don't accept anything in the Bible. That has been the nature of all your posts, from the OP forward.
Three descriptors were applied to your posts. Of course the bulk of Christians aren't going to accept your posts, nor should they.
We're learning the nature of Adventism from the horse's mouth. That you can't perceive how God uses you is consistent with your innate nature, which features dishonest posts on a public forum.

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Mod Hat On
dr-seuss-cat-in-hat-2.jpg

This thread is closed for review.
Thank you

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟986,898.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON!!!!!

As there is a lot of flaming back and forth going on in violation of the following CF Rule, this thread is permanently closed:

Flaming
● Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue. Refrain from insulting, inflammatory, or goading remarks. When you disagree, remember to address the content of the post and not the poster personally.
● If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.

MOD HAT OFF!!!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.