Washington DC
Visit site
✟7,660.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
LIBERALISM VERSUS FUNDAMENTALISM

Is liberalism good and fundamentalism bad? Many in the proclaimed civilized world say, yes! But many in this world say, no. Their religion demands this fundamentalism. How one can be liberal about commands from the God? Do commands from God need modification and changing? Does God need to be civilized? Certainly there isn’t any answer to such questions. If religions are practiced according to their fundamentals, they will engulf world in chaos leaving no room for peace and harmony. The God’s command maybe or perhaps is, “Ask them to change their religions if they don’t accept you have authority to rule over them by force and take them under your subjugation”. What is right and what wrong? Might and diplomacy will decide and certainly the God is almighty and the only supreme. Peaceful co-existence and mutual respect is certainly liberalism but what about commands from God and claims of superiorities over others.

Civilized world has framed some human rights, which their concerned religions clergies had been denying them. It seems that they have made good progress. The question is; does the God’s principal change or can his commands be modernized? If so I shall not have such a God and perhaps many others like me. Most people do not think deeply about the God and are merely followers of their inherited religion and maybe hardliners and those who do not take religion seriously are also called liberals. I believe the God whose commands; principals were/are and will never be changed. Man made human rights can be modified for betterment but rights granted to humans by the God are forever supreme and freedom of thought is one of them.

My friends, if you allow me, I want to define liberalism in my own words. No doubt liberalism is freedom of thought. I hope you will not mind and let me say that who so ever claims to be a follower of his respective religion without this freedom of thought is a fanatic, so called believer of the God and those who deny and want to deny this freedom to others are anti-God. Actual liberalism demands from humans to let others say what they want to say and listen passively to all thoughts and views, ponder on them cool-mindedly and then say yes or no. Obstinacy is greatest ignorance and the God hates it. You may be right but don’t reject others out rightly. This is obstinacy and fundamentalism. Be prepared to accept more truth if you come across any. If you shut doors of your mind and heart, it means you are not confident and you fear to loose something. Better to loose then to have something false. Wisdom is most essential part of a true belief and wise persons are never proud of anything including knowledge and keep in quest till death. Liberalism means, others maybe on the right, so think about and if you are not willing to think, you are so called believer or not at all.

Liberalism is to see one self in day light; he/she may be good, may be not as good or may not be good. Fundamentalists don’t dare to come in light and keep on insisting that they are good rather best with out any exposure to light and conceal the reality, how good it may be.
Liberals say, “We may be wrong”. Fundamentalists need not to say such words; otherwise they will also be liberals because fundamentalists have to be always right.
Free the humanity to choose their own way, only then they may be real believers or not, but don’t try to keep them away from day light; neither believers nor non believers.

I wish for all tolerance, forbearance, and freedom of thought in its real sense to each and every because there can’t be any belief without it. The unwise can never find the God and any formal or religious education isn’t necessary for wisdom. The God bless you all.

Reactions: Reader Nilus

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
akbar said:
LIBERALISM VERSUS FUNDAMENTALISM

...The unwise can never find the God and any formal or religious education isn’t necessary for wisdom.

Sorry Akbar... this all sounds rather, well, fundamentalist to me...

Upvote 0