Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, those claim he is a liberal. I'm asking about this one.

If you are simply supplying that as supporting evidence that is fine. I'm just trying to get clarification not trap you into anything. Why are you acting like I am being unreasonable by asking?

For the last 17 years or so that I have read after Alan, he has always come from a liberal perspective. He has called himself a liberal, he is identified as a liberal. In the Clinton and Obama Administration he was identified as a liberal. He graduated and became the youngest professor at one of the nations most liberal Ivy League college.

My post that you are straining over is in direct response to a poster who asked when he became a liberal.

When hasn’t he been liberal?

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I give up. Apparently everyone would rather focus on everything except the question I am asking.

Maybe you're not being clear in what you're asking then? Because right now it's coming across as a form of No True Scottsman, like some of the other posters were earlier.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you're not being clear in what you're asking then? Because right now it's coming across as a form of No True Scottsman, like some of the other posters were earlier.

Very well, let me try to explain. HisLegacy was responding to a user asking when Dershowtiz had been considered a liberal. His response was that Dershowitz was a supported of the democratic party. My question was how does that show someone to be a liberal? It seems to me someone could be moderate and still support the democratic party. Does that clear it up?

Upvote 0

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not everyone who is a Democrat or supports the Democratic Party is a liberal.

But everyone who is a Republican or a Trump supporter is a conservative, alt-right, neo-nazi, homophobic, islamophobic, racist bigot.

Imagine being a liberal and thinking like this.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For the last 17 years or so that I have read after Alan, he has always come from a liberal perspective. He has called himself a liberal, he is identified as a liberal. In the Clinton and Obama Administration he was identified as a liberal. He graduated and became the youngest professor at one of the nations most liberal Ivy League college.

Very well, let me try to explain. HisLegacy was responding to a user asking when Dershowtiz had been considered a liberal. His response was that Dershowitz was a supported of the democratic party. My question was how does that show someone to be a liberal? It seems to me someone could be moderate and still support the democratic party. Does that clear it up?

Who says Alan Is a liberal. Alan does.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Alan Dershowitz - Wikipedia

Dershowitz is an avowed supporter of the Democratic Party. In 2016, he stated that he would cancel his party membership if Keith Ellison was appointed party chair;[32] Tom Perez was appointed instead. Dershowitz endorsed Hillary Clinton in the 2008 presidential election, and later endorsed the party nominee, Barack Obama.[33]
Sounds like a moderate Democrat. He still is wrong about the President being above the law (a Conservative view currently).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
But everyone who is a Republican or a Trump supporter is a conservative, alt-right, neo-nazi, homophobic, islamophobic, racist bigot.

You know what will help this view? You should elect Roy Moore to the Senate with backing of the GOP and it's leader.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Democrat is not synonymous with liberal.

No, but liberal is synonymous with liberal.

As noted in the other links.

Next hair to split? My, you have a very sharp knife.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
RINO is synonymous with RINO. Gotcha.

Deflection is synonymous with I don’t like what is being said. Whataboutisms are synonymous with, well it’s not as bad as the other side

What was the topic of the thread?

Upvote 0