Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not necessarily that we have fewer members, but the members we have might be less active.

CF is like the Hotel California. You can stop posting any time you like, but you can never leave. At its peak, CF had hundreds of posts each day in every subforum, which meant that one could only follow a few subforums.

Most of the members from those days have stopped posting. Some have died. CF has also changed hands several times since those days, and the new owners are, as far as I can see, doing various good things to make CF grow again. But at this point in time, I still think that merging a few subforums would be beneficial.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChristianMatchmaking

Jul 16, 2005
US
✟18,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟325,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I like the current default style very much. I just switched back to the original CF style to check it out but apart from the bar at the top, it's all a bit insipid to me. I also like the way the box thingy with our stats is on the left now, though I guess I've just become used to that aspect now. I wouldn't mind a variation on the current style - perhaps a lightening of the black to a grey. But I like contrast and strong colours. So a choice, eventually, in styles would be fab.

Upvote 0

ChristianMatchmaking

Jul 16, 2005
US
✟18,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, I like the current default style very much. I just switched back to the original CF style to check it out but apart from the bar at the top, it's all a bit insipid to me. I also like the way the box thingy with our stats is on the left now, though I guess I've just become used to that aspect now. I wouldn't mind a variation on the current style - perhaps a lightening of the black to a grey. But I like contrast and strong colours. So a choice, eventually, in styles would be fab.
You would tell me if you knew, right? :)

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You would tell me if you knew, right? :)

Wasn't sure what you meant for a minute. :sorry: :) To find the old style, hover over your User Panel tab up on the right there, and click Preferences in the drop down box. When that opens, the first thing at the top says Browsing Preferences and beside it, a box saying (Use Default style - default Christian Forums). There is a little arrow beside it - click that and another drop box opens and you will see 'Original CF - no longer supported.' Click that, go to the bottom and click Save Changes and it will change back to the old blue style.

PS To change back, hover over your username at the top to bring the drop box down where you will see Preferences listed with all the other stuff.

NB I use Chrome - not sure what it's like on Firefox.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I tried to find the feature mentioned here to enable me to use "old styles" and was unable to. I'm using the Firefox browser on a desktop Windows PC. Does anyone know how to do that with Firefox?

For firefox go into your CP and choose preferences and on the box (drop down) you will have the option of going to the Old CF but as it states it is "not supported." That means basically you will miss out of things in that style fwik.

Upvote 0

ChristianMatchmaking

Jul 16, 2005
US
✟18,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wasn't sure what you meant for a minute. :sorry: :) To find the old style, hover over your User Panel tab up on the right there, and click Preferences in the drop down box. When that opens, the first thing at the top says Browsing Preferences and beside it, a box saying (Use Default style - default Christian Forums). There is a little arrow beside it - click that and another drop box opens and you will see 'Original CF - no longer supported.' Click that, go to the bottom and click Save Changes and it will change back to the old blue style.

PS To change back, hover over your username at the top to bring the drop box down where you will see Preferences listed with all the other stuff.

NB I use Chrome - not sure what it's like on Firefox.
For firefox go into your CP and choose preferences and on the box (drop down) you will have the option of going to the Old CF but as it states it is "not supported." That means basically you will miss out of things in that style fwik.
Thanks, just gave it a try now.

Reactions: drjean
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, the old CF blue was much better than the current dismal grey.

I agree that the original CF style (no longer supported) is much better but it's more than just the easy to view font and color combo. All of the horizontal screen is utilized. It just looks better on a home PC when a wide flat monitor is used. I imagine folks accessing the forum on a phone can't tell any difference.

So as long as they keep the original one working, I couldn't care less what they do with the "default" one.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So the bottom line is - someone please tell me where any real conversation is going on at Facebook.
My previous forums home went entirely FB about 4 or 5 years ago - and they were bigger than this site: FaithcommunityNetwork run by Salem Communications.

If you find and join them, tell Fritz (main admin) that DaveW says hi.

Upvote 0

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have seen the first demo of our new style today and I must say, I think all of you are going to be very pleased. We have taken a lot of your suggestions into account. Hopefully next week we can get a live version up on our site and you can start playing with it and letting us know your feedback.

Reactions: alexier
Upvote 0