Lets Talk About Boston

MoeSzyslak

Sep 1, 2007
✟15,971.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I graduated from Wentworth Institute of technology on Huntington ave in Boston. I lived for awhile in Waltham, Roslindale, Newtwon, Brighton Center and Boston itself. Oh wait and Brookline. Wow, I was pretty transient in my youth....

Do they still have the open air market on Saturdays? I remember buying a 50 pound box of Bluefish and riding the subway home. Everybody hated me..It stank!

Fleet Center or Boston Garden?? I may be dating myself here, but I still can't believe they got rid of the Garden.

Upvote 0

aaronibus62

Mar 22, 2006
Brockton, MA USA
✟12,437.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A shame a rail link connecting the new North station and South Station isn't in place.

In September my wife, my mother-in-law and I are taking a train to Portland, Maine for a couple of days. We have one major complaint.
Because my wife is handicapped, we must use the T's
handicapped service The Ride to get to North Station. Doing so most likely means a transfer between vans somewhere in Boston before we even reach North.

Though it's in september, pray we have no problems making our train :)

Upvote 0

soulsearching1

Veteran
Jul 13, 2006
DC area
✟16,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Boston is fantastic. I went to college there (small performing arts school called The Boston Conservatory) and stayed for a year after I graduated. I am considering moving back. Though I'm not sure what the scene is like for 20-30-something professionals; it's been 4 years since I've lived there, too. Any thoughts? I'm 28 now, and I know the town is full of college folks, but I wasn't old enough to mingle with the professional crowd.

Upvote 0

Wolflily

Saved by the Grace of God, thank you Jesus!
Jan 8, 2004
New Hampshire, USA
✟10,794.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I miss Boston! I live in NH now and visit once or twice a year for events and walking around town, but when I was in my clubbing/shopaholic days I went 'to town' every weekend to walk the shops on Newbury Street (Newbury Comics, yay!), eat at open air cafes or down in Quincy Market, and go dancing! Boston is a fabulous place.

I worked with international exchange students this summer and our team brought young people from Russia, Spain, Hong Kong & Taiwan all over the place and we visited Boston twice - they loved it! It was so much fun looking at the city through new eyes.

Upvote 0

PetraFan007

I try as hard as I can.
Nov 9, 2003
Central MA
Visit site
✟21,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I lived in Dorchester for almost a year at one point, and it was ok. Insurance rates for cars go way up, especially if you have points. And some neighborhoods just look too...ghetto (no offense). I now live in Quincy, just outside of Boston, and wow what a difference. I love Quincy...I live in a decent suburban neighborhood and not even 5 miles from the heart of Boston. There is plenty of public transportation as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ASquared

Rickshaw driver
Aug 17, 2009
Pittsburgh
✟15,149.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Boston, home of the Dirty Water. I spent my youth/YAdulthood there, can't say that I have any regrets. One day we may move back there, and if you're ever in the neighborhood, look up Angelina's in Everett. It's a bus ride from North Station, 104/109 all the way to Ferry/Broadway intersection. BEST SUBS EVER!!!

Upvote 0