Let's here from Maryland

TherapyDogLove

Christian Dog Lover
Feb 23, 2004
Maryland
✟15,181.00
Faith
Christian
Twelve Volt Man, tell me more about Waterman's Crab House! I love Crab Houses! I enjoy Tony's Riverhouse, Tim's Rivershore, Mike's Crab House, Cantler's Carb House, Rod n Reel and just of of them! I enjoy restaurants and dining out! Dining out on the Water is just so nice! :D :cool:

Upvote 0

kurabrhm

Feb 23, 2004
Southampton, Hampshire, England.
Visit site
✟2,333.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Godsgrace said:
Anyone live in Maryland????

I live in Howard Co., 20 minutes outside of Baltimore. This is a beautiful state to live in. I would really like to hear from anyone.

Hi ya!
Although I don't live in MD, I have visited the state once in july 2003.
I stayed at Towson University apartments, not far from Baltimore city centre.
That was a nice experience, but it was way too hot for someone who comes from England! My country of origin is actually India, and have even lived in India for 11 years and yet I found the MD heat a bit too oppressive!
The suburbs of Baltimore, especially Towson, are quite well looked after. There are some huge houses in and around the area, which I'm sure is quite expensive.
Exactly why Towson town centre has a wierd bird chirping pedestrian crossing sound signal has baffled me! In England, we have more acceptable stuff than that! Anyway, if I were to compare MD to some where like NY, which I also visited, I'd have to say NY is a lot better. The summer in NY is not too hot and much of upstate NY looks far more like England and hence more sophisticated! Still, I was dissapointed that much of America to me looks like it was born just yesterday, so there's a distinct lack of history. And yet American history books are full of fun and exciting stuff compared to European history books, for instance.
The Baltimore light railway system is an absolute charm! It's cheap but it's also cheerful. Some of the tracks that run through the modern city of Baltimore is just pure genious, very Hollywood like. I have to admit I find the stereotypical American girl to be lots of fun. They seem very open and generous. But that's off the point a little.undefined

Upvote 0

kurabrhm

Feb 23, 2004
Visit site
✟2,333.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
trustinJesus said:
Born and raised in B-More. Its a cool place to be. Needs tons of prayer but hey we can handle it!

I totally agree, Baltimore does need a lot of prayer!!
But hey, at least British airways have now seen some worthiness in operating flights to Baltimore. ;)

Upvote 0

Fineous_Reese

Striving to be like the men of Issachar
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2004
✟31,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
g'day all :):wave: born and raised in and around b'more (b'lieve, hon!) i can remember the Inner Harbor before the Don cleaned it up, phew!

knew a lady went to frostburg but not for dance so no clue there, i was in the dance company at anne arundel comm college for a time but the program isn't as big there as at a four year like towson.

kurabrhm said:
Exactly why Towson town centre has a wierd bird chirping pedestrian crossing sound signal has baffled me! In England, we have more acceptable stuff than that!

lol, i wondered about those too but i think they're signals for blind folk. i could be wrong though, anyone know for sure?
-Fin

Upvote 0

wandering_celt

glorified beggar
Apr 5, 2004
East Coast Mid-Atlantic
✟159.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I think Fineous_Reese is right about the bird thing. I asked about a strange set of tones outside of a store once and was told there were two. They were to tell the blind folks from a community center or school up the street what part of the street crossing cycle the light was in. One for walk and one for don't walk. I hadn't thought about that until he mentioned it.

Upvote 0

kurabrhm

Feb 23, 2004
Visit site
✟2,333.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Godsgrace said:
Anyone live in Maryland????

I live in Howard Co., 20 minutes outside of Baltimore. This is a beautiful state to live in. I would really like to hear from anyone.

Hello to all the lovely Maryland people's!!
I'm not from Maryland myself, I'm from England. :clap:
But, I went to Maryland last summer. I was staying at Towson University, which is not far from 'downtown' Baltimore. Anyone been on the Light railway? I kinda enjoyed that because it was so cheap! The really cool bit of the ride is when you go through the central parts of Baltimore and you see all these skyscrapers around you.
I was also lucky enough to see the Baltimore Orioles play against the New York Yankees at Camden Yards! It was a really hot day and the fact that there was so many people there didn't really help either! But, I'm sure no one will be surprised to hear that the Orioles actually lost!!! :sigh:
Some of my friends actually bought the Orioles t-shirt and cap!

Upvote 0

kurabrhm

Feb 23, 2004
Visit site
✟2,333.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
wandering_celt said:
I think Fineous_Reese is right about the bird thing. I asked about a strange set of tones outside of a store once and was told there were two. They were to tell the blind folks from a community center or school up the street what part of the street crossing cycle the light was in. One for walk and one for don't walk. I hadn't thought about that until he mentioned it.

Thanks for clearing that up folks! It just reinforces my view that America is a wierd place! ;)
But its fun though! Almost everyshop I went into, I was greeted by a 'hey, how u doin' today'? Which at first is OK but then it gets a bit tedious.

Anyone here been to the Crease bar in Towson?

Upvote 0

kurabrhm

Feb 23, 2004
Visit site
✟2,333.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
peaceblossom said:
Born in Baltimore, moved to a few places, and I currently live in Towson (Baltimore County). :)

Hello Towsonite! How are things in Towson these days? Do you ever go to that wierd supermarket that looks like something from the Wild West? The one I'm thinking of is Trader Joe's. They sell all sorts of cool stuff in there.
And have you ever been the Crease?
The book shop Border's is a cool place to read and hang about! I once got caught in a thunderstorm but managed to find a safe haven in Border's.
The one place I have to mention here is Cluck 'u' Chicken! What a cool take away! Ever been there?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

peaceblossom

Redeemed and growing
Jan 21, 2004
Baltimore
✟2,461.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
kurabrhm said:
Hello Towsonite! How are things in Towson these days? Do you ever go to that wierd supermarket that looks like something from the Wild West? The one I'm thinking of is Trader Joe's. They sell all sorts of cool stuff in there.
And have you ever been the Crease?
The book shop Border's is a cool place to read and hang about! I once got caught in a thunderstorm but managed to find a safe haven in Border's.
The one place I have to mention here is Cluck 'u' Chicken! What a cool take away! Ever been there?

Pardon the lateness of the reply. I do go to Trader Joe's quite often. They have really good vegetarian food and their snack foods are a bit better than the stuff I would get from a regular grocery store.

I tend to go to Barnes and Noble more often than Borders becuase their selection of christian books and christian living are more defined than Borders. I went to borders to search for a James Dobson book once and found it right in the middle of the new age zen stuff. In my head they are not of the same subject matter so now, like I before, I go to B&N. But nothing beats thew Towson library. The Towson library is where my son and I spend the most time, they have so many cozy corners to cuddle up in. My son and I usually find a good corner and I'll read to him on while he sits in my lap.

When I lived in Washington D.C. , I saw my first Cluck U's and laughed for days at the title. I finally got the chance to eat there (well, I had it delivered to the house) but the chicken is great and their mashed taters are awesome.

But I'm blessed because all of the attractions are only 10 mins walking away from me. I love the neighborhood and alot of the local merchants know me when I come into their shops, so it's a really great place to live.

Upvote 0