✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
newlamb said:
Did I see elsewhere that you work in Camden? Now there's a commute!
I used to be a firefighter in Camden.

Now, here's where it gets a little hairy.

I'm actually living in different houses: one in C-Town (actually Georgetown but no one would ever have heard of Georgetown - the one on the Sassafrass River, not the DC suburb - and C-Town is the closest city anyone would have heard of) and Newark, De.

I'm at the one in Chestertown pretty much full time from April until late September and then, usually just on weekends.

I don't think Camden to Georgetown would be all that big a commute. There are a couple of people who live near me who work in Philly.

Upvote 0

ps139

Ab omni malo, libera nos, Domine!
Sep 23, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟37,907.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I recently graduated from Hopkins, I lived in Baltimore for the last 4 years (except the summers). At first I was really homesick and hated it - only because I didnt want to like it. But eventually I let go and I love Baltimore, especially Charles Village and Fells Point. Living in Charles Village was great, I've never before had that feel of living in a little community like that, and a lot of times I would walk doen the street and some live band would be playing good music on the corner, it was great. Yah I know Hopkins has a reputation for being full of nerds but those of us who had a life had a great time. Now I guess you could say I am "collegesick."

Upvote 0

silas

Child of the King
Jul 21, 2003
Maryland
Visit site
✟312.00
Faith
Christian
Hi. Born & raised in Baltimore City. I think Maryland is a great state & Baltimore is a city of multiple identities. We have great cultural fairs, the Inner Harbor, the Aquarium, the Orioles & Ravens, Walters Art Gallery-to name just a few things, but we also have open-air drug markets, a high homicide rate and the Block-a classic den of iniquity.

All and all though, I believe it's far from the worst place to live.

Silas
believe2.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

freespirit2001

Contributor
Dec 3, 2003
Eastern Shore off the Chesapeake Bay, Md
Visit site
✟12,864.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm from Rock Hall, right next to Chestertown on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.

We know a few people here who have suffered extensive damage of their homes from Hurricane Isabel. Is there any others on CF in Maryland here, going through the same tireless endless process of putting all the pieces back!

We have a waterman friend who has his own charter boat and is a captain of a tug in Delaware, who has a home on a cove here in Rock Hall....Right after the storm my fiance and other watermen friends had to tear out the lower parts of every wall in his house and pull up every floor in his house just to dry out all the water damage...We helped a few others in this way as well ( many had to do this to prevent mold from happening )...(and there was not enough carpenters to go around)...it really is something...many vehicles were lost...a few homes were totally destroyed..It was some recovery...

Now we're in the process of restoring his house....removing wall paper...room after room..spaculing and painting and putting down flooring and tiles...

I thank God for the faith and the good spirit of the waterman here and for keeping everyone safe and hoping he will comfort and strengthen all those having suffered unbelievably so going through all of this destruction from Hurricane Isabel.

(*!)

Upvote 0

stellaluna

Bunhead for Christ!
Aug 17, 2003
Maryland
Visit site
✟431.00
Faith
Non-Denom
yeah i know, downtown was crazy after. but I think people are doing an awesome job working together to recover. my brother lives just outside chestertown in crumpton. does anyone know what frostburg state is like? im looking at it for a dance major, it's cheap and in maryland, but i haven't heard much else about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

freespirit2001

Contributor
Dec 3, 2003
Eastern Shore off the Chesapeake Bay, Md
Visit site
✟12,864.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Waterman's has some good bands in the summer and the food and people are great...My daughter is going to Frostburg University, she works there in the summer...We live close by in Skinner's Neck...

I also have family by the Great Oak Yaught Club in Melitota (Kent County)...They have great music and bands at night in the summer---open to the public and members of the club...and they have a small cafe style beach island bar and grill---you have to walk around the marina get to it and that has a band on weekends late afternoon and at night---Great Oak Manor house is very close by, and it is a very romantic bed and breakfast in a very old historic house on the Bay...It is supposed to have restless spirits. My grandparents also lived on a farm in a historic house 1770's across the fields from Great Oaks...and it had a few very restless spirits...Chestertown has a whole part of town with historic houses---with restless spirits. The brick sidewalks of Chestertown are very very old....In many of the yards of the historic mansions in town are found large smooth oval stones called "Ballast Stones" that come from the Devon River in England...they have an ironstone look and feel to them ( I do some gardening in one of these historic yards on the water in Chestertown)...We have wonderful Memorial Day parade and town party on the same day we call the Tea Party---historic bands--and revolutionary and civil war music and enactments in town...Alot of artists in town....

Washington College is also in town....

St.Pauls Episcopal Church is one of the oldest Churches of our county (and perhaps of our country) and one of the oldest cemetaries in the history of this country...some of the grave stones go back to the 1600's....

Alot of Canadian Geese and Snow Geese flying over....Haven't heard or seen many swans this year...

There are two WildLife Refuges close by: Eastern Neck Island ( they have some owls over there and alot of Tundra or Whistler swans ) and Remington Farms ( Bald Eagle Nests)

(goose hunting season was in last week and I have a great Remington Duck Recipe that can be applied to goose as well)

Upvote 0

TherapyDogLove

Christian Dog Lover
Feb 23, 2004
Maryland
✟15,181.00
Faith
Christian
I live in Maryland. I enjoy community activities with my dog. I take him to visit the elderly and mental health patients. He's a lovable boy! We are a member of the National Capital Therapy Dogs. Are there any Christian Dog Lovers from Maryland here??? If so, I would love to chat! I love travel, music and movies. I enjoy going to Folk and Celtic festivals as well as doggie festivals. I would love to fellowship with you. :)

Your sister in Chirst

Janet

Upvote 0