Republic of Alberta
✟166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Should have qualified my request, but was in a hurry.
Not Catholic, no pro-gay agenda(so no United/Anglican etc), don't care at all for evangelicals.
Last church we attended here was Mennonite, had a huge anti-American/Israel, pro-Palestinian bend, didn't care for that either.

Is there such a thing in this post-Christian west as a church that follows the Apostolic creed, doesn't prostitute itself to every PC whim of the left, doesn't wallow in self-help purpose driven drivel, and preaches a little heaven and hell once in a while?
Well is there?:D

Oh, and doesn't occupy a compound?

Upvote 0

selfintercession

Contributor
Jan 2, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
✟24,175.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
CA-Liberals
Not Catholic, no pro-gay agenda(so no United/Anglican etc), don't care at all for evangelicals.
Last church we attended here was Mennonite, had a huge anti-American/Israel, pro-Palestinian bend, didn't care for that either.

Is there such a thing in this post-Christian west as a church that follows the Apostolic creed, doesn't prostitute itself to every PC whim of the left, doesn't wallow in self-help purpose driven drivel, and preaches a little heaven and hell once in a while?

Something tells me there's going to be a new community centre or school gymnasium do-it-yourself church starting up in Lethbridge in the near future. :preach:

Upvote 0

Tsadde

Aug 9, 2007
Mt. Lac le Fort St. Prince McJohn River
✟8,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a Netherlands Reformed church on the north side that is so decently-and-in-order that they park their cars in a tight spiral pattern in the parking lot. They all leave in exactly the reverse order of the way they arrived. Apparently a vehicle which can make a quick get-away in case of emergency is made available with everyone knowing where the keys are kept.
There you go. Non-catholic, non-gay loving, non-evangelical, non-pacifist, non-PC, non-leftish, non-purpose-driven, non-compound, non-advertising. It's hard to tell what they do believe as there is no identifying sign (or welcome sign) to be seen from the main road, but whatever it is, it's a pretty good bet they're all in agreement.

Upvote 0

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Hi Neighbour :wave:
Im neither progay or antigay however that is not what this is about...
you mentioned no United/Anglican Churches because of your stance on homosexuality, however would like to point out that not all United or Anglican Churches are so called "progay".
The head of the Church may be fine with homosexuality however that is not to say a congregation is...there are a few United churches in leth whose congregation is not homosexual accepting as goes with many Anglican Churches in the Leth area...give them a try you may enjoy the Church/Congregation.
However that said, have you tried out the Church on the hwy between Leth and Coaldale?
I have attended a few Catholic Churches in Leth as well...St Basils and the one uptown by the city hall (cant think of the name), there is also a nice Anglican Church and I believe Presbyterian Church in that area as well.
Good luck and don't let the Leth wind drive you crazy as it does to many I know including myself ;)

Should have qualified my request, but was in a hurry.

Upvote 0