United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
He’s in my business and roping in my friend too! :p

I’ll be honest. I’m having a blast. He’s messing with my comfort zone. I am happy to direct Him to you instead! ;)

~Bella

Yes please do!! Sometimes I am so naive to flirtation, God would have to zap me!!

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Cross Over the Lake

Jan 12, 2020
Lake Havasu City
✟17,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
I think you should start a thread on the prayer wall and ask for help. It can’t hurt. :p

~Bella

That would help! Didn’t think of that, I pray about it everyday BUT if I get others praying about it too. That would greatly increase the odds right?!

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
That would help! Didn’t think of that, I pray about it everyday BUT if I get others praying about it too. That would greatly increase the odds right?!

I wouldn’t say that. But I think it’s wise to ask for prayer in important matters.

~Bella

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VMaeLove

Selbst ist die Frau
Jul 30, 2019
Saxony-Anhalt
✟124,235.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I say good for you. It's a rare ability to know a bad decision before making it.

I have to put in effort to live independent.
I know my single life is strong when I can rely on my weekly planner :doh:
:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟203,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I say good for you. It's a rare ability to know a bad decision before making it.
Heh. I said both because previously I both didn't want a relationship and also had no good prospects for marriage either.

Most INTJs (such as myself) have the ability to know a bad decision before making it, but I read somewhere that we are a small portion of the U.S. population.

I have to put in effort to live independent.
I don't live independent - I live in a house with my younger brother. I agree that it can be very difficult to live alone, especially if you are like me and struggle with getting out of bed in the morning because you are a night owl. With untreated mental illness, it is nearly an impossible feat.

Upvote 0

VMaeLove

Selbst ist die Frau
Jul 30, 2019
Saxony-Anhalt
✟124,235.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Heh. I said both because previously I both didn't want a relationship and also had no good prospects for marriage either.

Most INTJs (such as myself) have the ability to know a bad decision before making it, but I read somewhere that we are a small portion of the U.S. population.

I don't live independent - I live in a house with my younger brother. I agree that it can be very difficult to live alone, especially if you are like me and struggle with getting out of bed in the morning because you are a night owl. With untreated mental illness, it is nearly an impossible feat.

Oh I mean independent of a relationship. Living with family can be nice. I live with my parents some times of the year when I am home from work. I know they enjoy it because I am like a nanny :D
But I am opposite of you that I am a morning person. Usually. :confused:

INTJ? Are you saying you are Super American? lol

You say previously you didn't want a relationship.. so something changed?
Or someone? ;)

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟203,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Oh I mean independent of a relationship. Living with family can be nice.
Right, when I was saying I was single for my entire existence, I was referring to a lack of romantic relationships for said entire existence.

In America, "living independent" means that you have your own job, your own car, and at least an apartment to yourself alone as far as I know. Since I'm still a student living with my brother in a house that my parents own (though they don't live with us), I would not be considered living independent.

INTJ? Are you saying you are Super American? lol
INTJ is a reference to the Myers-Briggs Personality test. I have found the test to be useful for explaining some of the psychological phenomenon I have experienced.

You say previously you didn't want a relationship.. so something changed?
Or someone? ;)
It's complicated. :p

What has happened to me - 3 times now - is that I have become romantically attracted to people I have no business being involved with, and 2 times it led to a mental breakdown. I have all of that mapped out in my head.

Because I am a heteroromantic asexual with no sexual attraction, the romantic attraction happens entirely independent of what someone looks like or how old they are. Most people want both romantic and sexual attraction to get married, and so if someone is romantically cool and not triggering the sexual attraction, it's not good enough for them and the person who has triggered the romantic attraction gets friend zoned, or the romantic attraction dissolves as the person looks for the One who turns all the attraction lights on.

What happened to me was, because I wasn't looking for a sexual relationship and didn't want one and had no sexual attraction, I would just sit there and enjoy the romantic attraction, not tell the other person, and not do anything about it. I didn't want a sexual relationship...so there was no need to end the attraction even through that person and me could obviously never get married. (Riiight.)

Eventually the Holy Spirit got through my thick skull that this was unhealthy and sinful behavior. What would happen was that God would place these relationships under pressure and I would emotionally defend the person I was attracted to which would make no sense to the rest of my friends around me and even to me. This would cause a rift between my emotions and my logical brain which would break me down. Now that seems ridiculous, but I was in three situations that I could not say "I romantically like that guy and that's why I'm defending him" without getting in trouble, or getting the guy in trouble, in one case. In two cases, the relationship was of questionable legality, and the third involved a guy who was an abuser who was being (appropriately) slaughtered by public opinion. I most certainly wasn't going to marry him. :p

So I gave this a lot of thought. In addition to addressing the mental health basis of these attractions which could all be traced back to my abusive dad, I considered that it would be important to hang out with male human beings around my own age who were actually marriage candidates and attempt to cultivate at least some degree of friendships with them instead of denying my romantic self. That way, if I suffered a romantic attraction to one of them, it wouldn't be horrendously frightening - I would just admit "Hey man, I like you!" and move on without breaking down in terror. I consider that a matter of personal growth and self-awareness.

So in essence, I'm looking for a relationship without necessarily being aggressive about clenching the deal.

Upvote 0

VMaeLove

Selbst ist die Frau
Jul 30, 2019
Saxony-Anhalt
✟124,235.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Right, when I was saying I was single for my entire existence, I was referring to a lack of romantic relationships for said entire existence.

In America, "living independent" means that you have your own job, your own car, and at least an apartment to yourself alone as far as I know. Since I'm still a student living with my brother in a house that my parents own (though they don't live with us), I would not be considered living independent.

INTJ is a reference to the Myers-Briggs Personality test. I have found the test to be useful for explaining some of the psychological phenomenon I have experienced.

It's complicated. :p

What has happened to me - 3 times now - is that I have become romantically attracted to people I have no business being involved with, and 2 times it led to a mental breakdown. I have all of that mapped out in my head.

Because I am a heteroromantic asexual with no sexual attraction, the romantic attraction happens entirely independent of what someone looks like or how old they are. Most people want both romantic and sexual attraction to get married, and so if someone is romantically cool and not triggering the sexual attraction, it's not good enough for them and the person who has triggered the romantic attraction gets friend zoned, or the romantic attraction dissolves as the person looks for the One who turns all the attraction lights on.

What happened to me was, because I wasn't looking for a sexual relationship and didn't want one and had no sexual attraction, I would just sit there and enjoy the romantic attraction, not tell the other person, and not do anything about it. I didn't want a sexual relationship...so there was no need to end the attraction even through that person and me could obviously never get married. (Riiight.)

Eventually the Holy Spirit got through my thick skull that this was unhealthy and sinful behavior. What would happen was that God would place these relationships under pressure and I would emotionally defend the person I was attracted to which would make no sense to the rest of my friends around me and even to me. This would cause a rift between my emotions and my logical brain which would break me down. Now that seems ridiculous, but I was in three situations that I could not say "I romantically like that guy and that's why I'm defending him" without getting in trouble, or getting the guy in trouble, in one case. In two cases, the relationship was of questionable legality, and the third involved a guy who was an abuser who was being (appropriately) slaughtered by public opinion. I most certainly wasn't going to marry him. :p

So I gave this a lot of thought. In addition to addressing the mental health basis of these attractions which could all be traced back to my abusive dad, I considered that it would be important to hang out with male human beings around my own age who were actually marriage candidates and attempt to cultivate at least some degree of friendships with them instead of denying my romantic self. That way, if I suffered a romantic attraction to one of them, it wouldn't be horrendously frightening - I would just admit "Hey man, I like you!" and move on without breaking down in terror. I consider that a matter of personal growth and self-awareness.

So in essence, I'm looking for a relationship without necessarily being aggressive about clenching the deal.

I may use the wrong word sometimes I apologize, I hope my point comes to you OK :)

You have not had it easy I am very sorry to hear.
I understand completely, your feeling leading you to unhealthy relationships. It can be hard to feel riding passenger in your own skin. Waking up later like, what am I doing!?

Thankful we have the best Father of all watching and loving us. Also when we make a mess of it. :)

I believe it is important, not the mistakes we make, that we recognize them. Learn and grow. Life is nothing but slowly figuring it out. Usually the worst moments give the most wisdom.
It sounds like you have done wonderful at that. Introspection I think. I pray you find everything you are looking for in a partner. :)
Someone who sees you eye to eye.
To sharpen your minds and feed your soul.

You say you are a student.
May I ask what you are studying?

• Agree
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟203,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Life is nothing but slowly figuring it out. Usually the worst moments give the most wisdom.
It sounds like you have done wonderful at that. Introspection I think.
You have no idea how right you are. :sunglasses: Linux's spiritual gifts: introspection and scripture memorization. I might have a few more.

You say you are a student.
May I ask what you are studying?
English.

Reactions: VMaeLove
Upvote 0