Less than two weeks into the new year, the number of babies killed by abortion tops 1 million

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Less than two weeks into the new year, the number of babies killed by abortion tops 1 million

January 12, 2018 (SPUC) — The numbers are horrific.

A digital counter is illustrating the horrifying scale of abortion around the world. Already, less than two weeks into 2018, over 1.2 million babies have been killed by abortion.

The Worldometers website has real-time counters showing dozens of different statistics, including births, deaths, and public expenditure. It also has one for abortion. On 11 January 2018, the number passed 1.2 million, meaning the one million mark would have been passed in the morning of Tuesday 9 January. The number increases every second or so, each one representing the death of an innocent unborn child.

The website uses data from the World Health Organisation, which estimates that there are 40-50 million abortions in the world every year, corresponding to approximately 125,000 abortions per day. These figures are disputed, as the WHO's recent worldwide report, produced in consultation with the pro-abortion Guttmacher Institute, has been accused of "wildly inflating" the number of illegal abortions taking place in developing countries.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/l...ew-year-the-number-of-babies-killed-by-aborti

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pure evil. Disgusting. Revolting. Murdering the innocents. Where is the public grief, the outpouring of tears, the marches on D.C. et al? The GWTJ awaits millions. We Christians had better be dressed in our Sunday Best at the JSoC.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
There are around 130 million babies born in the world every year.

It is estimated that as many as half of all pregnancies spontaneously abort (miscarry) at a very early stage; this is perfectly natural; it has always happened and probably always will. These are what might be termed acts of God; they are not chosen by anyone.

That means that half survive, and as many as 130 million don't. Each one of them just as human, just as innocent, just as much of a loss to mankind. By now (Jan 13) that equates to 4.6 million miscarriages. Scientists think that this happens because the foetus is somehow untenable but nobody really knows.

If God were really so keen on every single foetus getting a chance, if he thought early loss of a foetus was evil and disgusting, why would this happen?

Don't get me wrong; I am not in favour of abortion; not at all. If I could get rid of it completely I would, but that is not one of our choices. Abortion does not go away; it goes underground, and when it does women die horribly. There is nothing pro-life about backstreet abortion.

I am just slightly less in favour of illegal backstreet abortion than I am of proper doctors carrying out medical procedures. Both are deplorable when life is lost, but the worst is the backstreet kind; far more likely to kill both mother and child. In our fallen world this is the choice; safe or unsafe. There is no ideal choice; this is what we have. Either we have safe abortion, protecting the mother, her existing and her future children, preferably combined with proper sex education, or we have unsafe abortion, born out of poverty and risking unnecessary death for the mother and her loss to any existing children.

Miscarriage

Abortion: Nearly half performed each year worldwide are unsafe, study says - CNN

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
There are around 130 million babies born in the world every year.

It is estimated that as many as half of all pregnancies spontaneously abort (miscarry) at a very early stage; this is perfectly natural; it has always happened and probably always will. These are what might be termed acts of God; they are not chosen by anyone.

That means that half survive, and as many as 130 million don't. Each one of them just as human, just as innocent, just as much of a loss to mankind. By now (Jan 13) that equates to 4.6 million miscarriages. Scientists think that this happens because the foetus is somehow untenable but nobody really knows.

If God were really so keen on every single foetus getting a chance, if he thought early loss of a foetus was evil and disgusting, why would this happen?

I generally agree with what you say but this part of your argument is very weak.

We live in a fallen world. We recognize an incongruity between what is ideal, and the reality. That means even our understanding of God's will is effected by sin. It would be wrong to speculate on God's will towards the unborn based on miscarriage.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

A digital counter is illustrating the horrifying scale of abortion around the world. Already, less than two weeks into 2018, over 1.2 million babies have been killed by abortion.

The Worldometers website has real-time counters showing dozens of different statistics, including births, deaths, and public expenditure. It also has one for abortion. On 11 January 2018, the number passed 1.2 million, meaning the one million mark would have been passed in the morning of Tuesday 9 January. The number increases every second or so, each one representing the death of an innocent unborn child.

The website uses data from the World Health Organisation, which estimates that there are 40-50 million abortions in the world every year, corresponding to approximately 125,000 abortions per day. These figures are disputed, as the WHO's recent worldwide report, produced in consultation with the pro-abortion Guttmacher Institute, has been accused of "wildly inflating" the number of illegal abortions taking place in developing countries.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/l...ew-year-the-number-of-babies-killed-by-aborti

God have mercy!!!

Praying.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sin and death are human consequences. Yet the above is not an argument but an excuse.

Thousands of pedestrians are accidentally killed by motorists each year. Does that justify someone to purposely drive their vehicle on a sidewalk and run over people? Again just pointing out the absurdity of your example.

Women are terminating healthy pregnancies and somehow God is the villain?

Don't get me wrong; I am not in favour of abortion; not at all. If I could get rid of it completely I would, but that is not one of our choices. Abortion does not go away; it goes underground, and when it does women die horribly. There is nothing pro-life about backstreet abortio
Irrelevant frankly. You either see an unborn human with moral worth equal to all humans at all stages of life or you don't. So the question is does this unborn child have equal moral worth or not? If not what is your justification?

There is no ideal choice; this is what we have.
No we can as a society take the blinders off and acknowledge abortion is the killing of a human being. If it is not then what is it?

Either we have safe abortion, protecting the mother, her existing and her future children, preferably combined with proper sex education, or we have unsafe abortion, born out of poverty and risking unnecessary death for the mother and her loss to any existing children.
Once again irrelevant. The unborn child is either morally equal to all other humans or not. If the answer is not then show me the justification. Are they sub human? Lesser forms of life? The woman intent on going back alley, poverty etc. are not considerations if we deem human life at all stages with equal moral worth.

If it was about poverty then why not just kill people who are already born to reduce mouths to feed? See the problem?

I can only tentatively assume you do not equate an unborn human being as morally equal or of worth as a born human being. Considering we are all humans at conception, I would be interested in which subjective standard you use to determine human being.

Thanks.

• Agree
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Motivation is definately a factor in murdering at anytime. There is premeditated, etc. Just as there is the fact that some use abortion as a form of birth control. Sterelization should be an option with every abortion imo.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

So sad. :(

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Fyi...thousands upon thousands of xhildren die every year of not hqving enough food or clean drinking water. Youll never get rid of abortion but you could decimate those stats with focussed effort and sacrifice.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fyi...thousands upon thousands of xhildren die every year of not hqving enough food or clean drinking water. Youll never get rid of abortion but you could decimate those stats with focussed effort and sacrifice.
As in?

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if Abortion is Murder, So should there also be 1 Million people executed for murder then?
You tell me. Is the human life in the womb of equal moral worth as other human beings.

• Agree
Reactions: Sistrin
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Sin and death are human consequences. Yet the above is not an argument but an excuse.

... in your opinion.

Thousands of pedestrians are accidentally killed by motorists each year. Does that justify someone to purposely drive their vehicle on a sidewalk and run over people? Again just pointing out the absurdity of your example.

... in your opinion.

Women are terminating healthy pregnancies and somehow God is the villain?

You might care to invest in a dictionary and look up 'miscarriage'.

Irrelevant frankly. You either see an unborn human with moral worth equal to all humans at all stages of life or you don't. So the question is does this unborn child have equal moral worth or not? If not what is your justification?

Already answered.

No we can as a society take the blinders off and acknowledge abortion is the killing of a human being. If it is not then what is it?

Already answered.

Once again irrelevant. The unborn child is either morally equal to all other humans or not. If the answer is not then show me the justification. Are they sub human? Lesser forms of life? The woman intent on going back alley, poverty etc. are not considerations if we deem human life at all stages with equal moral worth.

Already answered.

If it was about poverty then why not just kill people who are already born to reduce mouths to feed? See the problem?

That is already happening and I don't see any 'Pro-Life' demonstrations against it. Ironic.

World Hunger, Poverty Facts, Statistics 2016 - World Hunger News

The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization estimates that about 795 million people of the 7.3 billion people in the world, or one in nine, were suffering from chronic undernourishment in 2014-2016. Almost all the hungry people, 780 million, live in developing countries, representing 12.9 percent, or one in eight, of the population of developing counties. There are 11 million people undernourished in developed countries.

I can only tentatively assume you do not equate an unborn human being as morally equal or of worth as a born human being. Considering we are all humans at conception, I would be interested in which subjective standard you use to determine human being.

Thanks.

Nonsense. That statement has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I said.

And that is all I have to say to you.

Reactions: Searching1God
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You blame God for miscarriages and thus equate such with premeditated termination of a pregnancy.

What I posted is Biblical fact. Where are your facts?

... in your opinion.

It's not an opinion but your own argument applied to a similar situation. One is an accident or uncontrollable human action vs one that is premeditated. Again not opinion but fact.

Already answered.

Apparently not. You did not address the moral worth of an unborn human being.

Already answered.
Again not answered. Do you see an unborn human being as having the equal moral worth as on who is born?

That is already happening and I don't see any 'Pro-Life' demonstrations against it. Ironic.

World Hunger, Poverty Facts, Statistics 2016 - World Hunger News

The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization estimates that about 795 million people of the 7.3 billion people in the world, or one in nine, were suffering from chronic undernourishment in 2014-2016. Almost all the hungry people, 780 million, live in developing countries, representing 12.9 percent, or one in eight, of the population of developing counties. There are 11 million people undernourished in developed countries.
1. The above is irrelevant as you have not addressed the moral worth of an unborn human being. The subject is premeditated abortion.

2. Prove Pro Life advocates are not helping to feed the hungry and support families in need. Prove it.

• Agree
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Talk about arrogant, heartless elitism.
IS it? How so?
I mean, how is it MORE arrogant, heartless and elitist to say what I said compared to your views on this subject?

Reactions: Searching1God
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Never as in....like, never?
It will always happen. Right now it is happenning in safe, sterile medically appropriate venues.

But don't think it will just disappear. That's just wishful, hopeful, misguided thinking.

Upvote 0