• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Lesbianism

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am having struggles with same sex attraction after my rapes and trauma. I feel afraid of men and masculine women and am struggling with attraction to gentle women. I am celibate and always will be, it is more of a mental struggle. Does anyone else struggle with their sexuality after trauma?

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton

makeajoyfulnoise100

Tea, books, and rainy days <3
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2017
Atlanta
✟89,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
YES! I used to be bi-curious because of the sexual abuse my brother did to me. I have forgiven him and now we have a pretty good relationship, but for years I was attracted to women because the men around me were abrasive and had their own struggles with their sexuality. Then when I was married and the total abusive situation I was in made it all the worse. I have never had sex with a woman, but I went to gay bars and even had lusted for Aphrodite :/
I did all that because my best friend at the time decided to become Pagan after rejecting the Catholic church. I tried to manipulate her into thinking she and I could be "soul mates."
Needless to say, I find both men and women beautiful because God created them, but until I find a Godly man (if ever God may have other plans for me) my focus is on Him.
My suggestion is to look at the women in your life as friends or sisters in Christ.

But as for men haha yeah I fear them too to some degree. Not all, but just any that want to date me.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Jesus' Girl

❤️❤️❤️
Dec 27, 2016
✟26,747.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have not had what happened to you but same sex attraction to older women is a problem I face sometimes. I believe it could be a lack of relation to people my age as I can't relate to them so It manifests in a form of homosexuality... I have struggled with it since I was a child

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have not had what happened to you but same sex attraction to older women is a problem I face sometimes. I believe it could be a lack of relation to people my age as I can't relate to them so It manifests in a form of homosexuality... I have struggled with it since I was a child
Thank you so much for sharing this with me. I pray God comforts us both.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
YES! I used to be bi-curious because of the sexual abuse my brother did to me. I have forgiven him and now we have a pretty good relationship, but for years I was attracted to women because the men around me were abrasive and had their own struggles with their sexuality. Then when I was married and the total abusive situation I was in made it all the worse. I have never had sex with a woman, but I went to gay bars and even had lusted for Aphrodite :/
I did all that because my best friend at the time decided to become Pagan after rejecting the Catholic church. I tried to manipulate her into thinking she and I could be "soul mates."
Needless to say, I find both men and women beautiful because God created them, but until I find a Godly man (if ever God may have other plans for me) my focus is on Him.
My suggestion is to look at the women in your life as friends or sisters in Christ.

But as for men haha yeah I fear them too to some degree. Not all, but just any that want to date me.
Thank you so much for sharing this :) I am sorry you have struggled as I have. I pray God comforts us both.

Upvote 0