Northwest US
✟677,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the first week of legal marijuana in Colorado they sold over $5,000,000. The state gets 25 percent of that. Legal marijuana is here to stay. And of course it was Colorado and Washington that made it to the Super Bowl. Coincidence? ;)

Upvote 0

LOVEthroughINTELLECT

The courage to be human
Jul 30, 2005
✟25,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Lots of stuff is used as drugs, people get creative.

And things that are considered to be drugs, such as caffeine, can be used not as drugs, don't you think? Or is there no way around it and drinking Mountain Dew is drug use?

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
And things that are considered to be drugs, such as caffeine, can be used not as drugs, don't you think? Or is there no way around and drinking Mountain Dew is drug use?

Technically, it is "drug use" but for you to have the effects associated with what people typically associate with drug use, you would have to be consuming a ridiculous amount of it. Kinda like how apple seeds contain cyanide but you would have to purposely try to eat enough to be dangerous to your health.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟438,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
But do people use it like they use alcohol, cocaine, etc.?

And if A contains caffeine does that necessarily mean that people are using A as a drug? Again, I drink things like Mountain Dew because I like the taste, not for the caffeine.

Nicotine doesn't really create a "high" either.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟438,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Technically, it is "drug use" but for you to have the effects associated with what people typically associate with drug use, you would have to be consuming a ridiculous amount of it. Kinda like how apple seeds contain cyanide but you would have to purposely try to eat enough to be dangerous to your health.

Morning glories (the flower) are a powerful hallucinagin/deadly poison.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Morning glories (the flower) are a powerful hallucinagin/deadly poison.

Interesting, but I think people are more likely to eat apple seeds than morning glories. Poinsettias are poisonous enough that people should wear gloves if they handle them a lot.

Upvote 0

LOVEthroughINTELLECT

The courage to be human
Jul 30, 2005
✟25,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Funny you should mention Nutmeg, it is in fact hallucinogenic.

That is why I mentioned it.

But I do not think that anybody considers adding nutmeg to pumpkin pie or whatever recipes call for it to be drug use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

But I do not think that anybody considers adding nutmeg to pumpkin pie or whatever recipes call for it is drug use.

Just because people don't think about that when they use it doesn't make it lose those drug properties.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟438,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

But I do not think that anybody considers adding nutmeg to pumpkin pie or whatever recipes call for it is drug use.

I think it only counts if you're seeking the chemical reactions that occur when taking the drug. There's alcohol in my mouthwash, but I doubt anyone would call me an alcoholic for rinsing my mouth out twice a day.

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟677,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it only counts if you're seeking the chemical reactions that occur when taking the drug. There's alcohol in my mouthwash, but I doubt anyone would call me an alcoholic for rinsing my mouth out twice a day.

Only if you swallowed. :)

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Well, you aren't drinking it. If you did, it does have enough in it to get a light drinker buzzed. Or maybe it's stronger than that, all I know is that is one of the things alcoholics cheat with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LOVEthroughINTELLECT

The courage to be human
Jul 30, 2005
✟25,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And of course it was Colorado and Washington that made it to the Super Bowl. Coincidence? ;)

Then if Ohio legalizes it before next season the Cleveland Browns will finally make it to the Super Bowl.

Coincidence sounds more accurate.

Upvote 0