United States
✟8,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Anyone here read The Left Behind series?

I've seen the films, I've read the first 4/5 Books in the Left Behind Kids series as well as having the Kids Series on CD, I've read the plot for each book of the Adult Books, But I only last week Started reading The first Left Behind book...

So... Anyone else reading it right now?

L

~Love4ever~

i read the kids books and thought they were awesome!!! it was so cool how the writers entertwinded [srry, i can't spell,lol] the adults and kids books. neway, i love buck and vicki and judd.lol. i'm going to the library today and am getting the adult book lest its checked out... :( neway, yea then i saw this topic and was like, AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!haha

Upvote 0

tyield1102

Remember this: God is faithful even when we're not
Aug 19, 2008
Germany
✟15,273.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hey,
I have read most of the kids books, up to the 22nd out 40. I have read all the adult books, well I didn't get all the way through the very last one. I loved both adult and kid version. I didn't like the movies though because they really didn't stay with the books and I didn't think they captured the true personalites of the characters like they are portrayed in the books. Hope you all enjoy them as much as I did :)

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
My daughter in another state , and I read the entire 12-book series(except she was unable to get book and 4, I believe) at the same time from our libraries,and thought they were AWESOME page-turners,even though neither of us believes in a Pre-Trib Rapture! We believe the Rapture will be Post-Trib/Pre-Wrath(the last 7 judgments).

After the first book,and chomping at the bit to continue,we reserved the rest 3 at a time.Let me tell you,reading them back-to-back as fast as we could,gave us both strange dreams,of course we were members of the Tribulation Force,LOL!
It was a blast talking about them with each other, each day.

Don't waste your time with the 3 pre-quels and the sequel!
The Rising: Antichrist is Born: Before They Were Left Behind (2005)
The Regime: Evil Advances: Before They Were Left Behind #2 (2005
The Rapture: In the Twinkling of an Eye: Countdown to Earth's Last Days #3(2006)
Kingdom Come: The Final Victory(2007)

They seem to have been written only to wring more money from the series,and really stink! The movies by Clous Ten Pictures are some of the worst Christian films ever made! Tried 3 times to watch Left Behind,and gave up,my daughter has tried unsuccessfully to watch both Left Behind and Tribulation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

itisdeliciouscake

Deus est regit qui omnia
Apr 14, 2008
Indiana
✟11,689.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I read the Rising and I thot it was pretty interesting.

The Regime and Rapture both looked awful tho, so I just didn't bother.

I just started tearing through the series and I'm on Apollyon (which I'll hopefully have finished by Wednesday)

LOVE them, allthough I'm definitely NOT pre-trib.

Upvote 0

Glitch801

Forum Guru
Jul 24, 2005
United States
✟8,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've seen the first two movies, and the third is on the way from Blockbuster soon so... yeah. I;ve seen clips though. Idk about everyone else, and I know they werent that close to the books, but when I read about Buck, I think of Kirk Cameron's portrayal, and all the other actors in the movies. I'm one of those people :)

Upvote 0

E-beth

Senior Contributor
Feb 6, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
✟20,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was so hooked on them when they first came out. I believe I was introduced after book 4 came out, and after that bought them the day they came out. I was active on the messageboards. When the prequels came out I didn't rush out to buy them, I got them from the library.

In the time since the last book, though, I sometimes wonder why I was so gaga for them. :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
I still wonder how anybody can actually enjoy these books.

Never mind that they are ham-fisted fundamentalist propaganda - chances are that vast portions of the target audience think along the same lines as the authors, anyway.

But the one mortal sin that totally disqualifies a book, any book, is shoddy writing. Its premise might be fantastic, the general idea behind it might be superb, but if the plotting, characterization and style are blatantly sub-standard, all of that is for naught.

And that, I might add, is what totally disqualifies the whole "Left Behind"-series, at least as far as I am concerned. There are pulp fictions that are more subtle and coherent than that one, and that really says a lot.

Upvote 0

namaste_benry

Explorer
Feb 27, 2009
USA
Visit site
✟7,743.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
A couple years ago my grandfather gave me the first and second ones. They were ok. I read them mainly as adventure fiction novels, not as anything related to truth or Christianity, and that was all right but I wish the characters had been fleshed out more. Maybe they were in the later books, but they seemed sort of cookie cutter to me in the first two. Never read the others though I've glanced at them. I saw both movies too, and they were fine. I think highly of Kirk Cameron so seeing him in the films was the major reason for watching. :) Same for "Fireproof". I don't actually believe in the idea of rapture though so for me they had nothing to do with my religious beliefs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well, not everyone has the same opinion :p
But yeah... I do believe in the Rapture, not only because I feel it will happen, but the Bible Clearly spells it out, that it WILL Happen one day, and very soon.

You might want to look up just hopw long people have been saying this. Many thjought he was overdue by 100 ad.

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You might want to look up just hopw long people have been saying this. Many thjought he was overdue by 100 ad.

That sounds like the usual "non-believers" propaganda! :doh:

I know when I started attending church in 1970 they were not preaching an impending Rapture like they have been this last decade!

There are "signs" Jesus gave us to watch for,and until very recently,most of these signs had not come to pass as they have now,but there are still some remaining to be fulfilled,and there will be no secret second coming and Rapture as preached by so many false preachers today!

Jesus warned of a time of tribulation shortly before His return. "21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.Matt24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened." (Matt. 24) If those who believe had already been caught up, why the admonition that no flesh would be saved but for the elect's sake?

Mark 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

Matt 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
Matt 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
Matt 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Matt 24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
Matt 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Matt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Matt 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

1Cor. 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed

2Thess. 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

2Thess. 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

It will be Mid-Trib at the sound of the Last Trump just before the Day Of Wrath,before the last 7 Judgments are poured out. And the anti-christ will be revealed first.

Upvote 0