Not open for further replies.

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Raptured is a man made religious term that is not scriptural; it is an escapism doctrine that makes God’s people complacent and spiritual lazy. The "rapture" teaching was NOT taught by the early Church, it was NOT taught by the Church of the first centuries, it was NOT taught by the Reformers, IT WAS NOT TAUGHT BY ANYONE (except a couple Roman Catholic theologians) UNTIL ABOUT THE YEAR 1830!

At the time of the Reformation the early Protestants widely held and Were convinced that the Pope was the supreme individual embodiment and personification of the spirit of antichrist, and the Roman Church the Harlot System of Rev. 17. This understanding was responsible for bringing millions of believers out of the Roman Catholic religious system. It therefore became expedient for certain Romish theologians to turn the attention of the people away from the Papacy, and this they endeavored to a counter-interpretation to that held by the Protestants. This new scheme of prophetic interpretation became known as FUTURISM. Rather than viewing the drama of the book of Revelation spiritually, they would consign it all to a brief period of time at the end of the age. It was a Jesuit priest named Ribera who, in the days of the Reformation, first taught that all the events in the book of Revelation were to take place literally during the three and a half years reign of the Antichrist away down at the end of the age. Thus Ribera laid the foundation of a system of prophetic interpretation of which the Secret Rapture has now become an integral part.

Later, Emmanuel Lacunza, also a Jesuit priest, built on Ribera's teachings, and spent much of his life writing a book titled "The Coming of Messiah in Glory and Majesty." Lacunza, however, wrote under the assumed name of "Rabbi Ben Ezra," supposedly a learned Jew who had accepted Christ as his Saviour. With Jesuit cunning he thus conspired to get his book a hearing in the Protestant world - they would not even permit it in their homes coming from a Jesuit pen - but as the earnest work of a "converted Jew" they would consume it with avid interest! Within the pages of this elaborate forgery Lacunza taught the novel notion that Jesus returns not once, but twice, and at the "first stage" of His return He "raptures" His Church so they can escape the reign of the "future Antichrist." His book was first published in Spanish in the year 1812 and soon found its way onto the shelves of the library of the Archbishop of Canterbury in London, England.

Now enter the name of Edward Irving. Born in Scotland in 1792, Irving became one of the most eloquent preachers of his time. In 1828 his open-air meetings in Scotland drew crowds of 10,000 people. His Church in London seated one thousand people and was packed week after week with a congregation drawn from the most brilliant and influencial circles of society.

There were some among them who by prophetic declaration announced that the Lord was coming soon, and this idea became prominent in their prophetic utterances and teachings. Out of those prophetic declarations some began to study the scriptures in the light of a physical, literal coming of the Lord. Up until that time the coming of the Lord was understood as a coming of the Lord TO His people, and IN His saints, and there was no sense of His fleshly coming. Irving discovered Lacunza's book and was deeply shaken by it, in fact, fell in love with it, translated it into English, and it was published in London in 1827. And at this very time Irving heard what he believed to be a Voice from heaven commanding him to preach the Secret Rapture of the Saints.

Then Irving began to hold Bible Conferences throughout Scotland, emphasizing the coming of Jesus to rapture His Church.
About this same time there began the emergence of a new movement which came to be known as the "Plymouth Brethren." The Brethren movement had its beginning in Dublin in 1825 when a small group of earnest men, dissatisfied with the spiritually lethargic condition that prevailed in the Protestant Church in Ireland, met for prayer and fellowship. Soon others joined the fellowship and associated groups sprang up in various places. Though the movement had its beginning at Dublin ' , it was Plymouth, England that became the center of their vast literature outreach, thus the name !'Plymouth Brethren" became attached. Although there was interest from the start in prophetic subjects, the center of interest was on the body of Christ as an organism and the spiritual unity in Christ of all believers - in reaction to the deadness and formalism of the organized church systems and the ecclesiastical Heirarchy. A man by the name of John Nelson Darby was the leading spirit among the Plymouth Brethren from 1830 onward. Darby was from a prosperous Irish family, was educated as a lawyer, took high honors at Dublin University, then turned aside, to his father's chagrin, to become a minister.

Thus Irving and Darby were contemporaries, though associated with different spiritual movements. Another series of meetings were in progress at this time, a group of seeking Christians were meeting in the castle of Lady Powerscourt for the study of Bible prophecy. Many clergymen attended, and quite a few who were Irvingites. The Irvingites came to the meetings obsessed with the ideas of the "Secret Rapture" and the future Antichrist, imbibed from the Jesuit Lacunza's book. J.N. Darby and the other Brethren leaders were invited to these meetings and became participators in them. It was there that he was introduced to the Jesuit teaching of the Secret Rapture and the futurist interpretation of prophecy, as well as the famous book by Rabbi Ben-Ezra, or, actually, Jesuit priest Emmanuel Lacunza! Darby was himself a prolific writer and from that time a constant stream of propaganda came from his pen. His writings on biblical subjects number over 30 volumes of 600 pages each. Darby developed and organized "futurism" into a system of prophetic teaching called "dispensationalism." Darby' s biographers refer to him as "the father of dispensationalism." And the crown jewel in the kingdom of dispensationalism is, of course, the so-called SECRET RAPTURE
Is that what being super spiritual is, copy and paste history instead of scripture.

1. Thessalonians 4
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

This catching up to Christ is what many call the rapture, which you say is not Bibical but of man.

I copied and pasted from the Bible.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The "history" cited by Ben12 is more or less accurate as far as the Plymouth brethren and J. N. Darby are concerned. I should know, I personally own more than a hundred volumes of their writings. But his account of Irving and his connection with Darby and the Plymouth brethren is highly erroneous.

Darby and the Plymouth brethren rejected Irving and his system of doctrine as Satanic in origin and blasphemous toward Christ. One of the worst charges they could hurl at each other was to accuse them of Irvingism. The Powerscourt conferences were not Irvingite in origin, but were hosted by Plymouth brethren. Indeed, Lady Powerscourt, in whose castle the conferences took place, was a close associate of J. N. Darby, and was reputed to have been at one time engaged to him. The engagement was reportedly broken off by mutual consent, not because thay had ceased to love each other, but because both of them independently concluded that they could better serve the lord unmarried.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, I've watched all three of the Left Behind movies, which were very entertaining to watch by the way, and I'm reading the book series which is also good. The question is, how accurate is the series in depicting the Tribulation period?

Thanks.
Pure fiction.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many Christians do not believe pre-trib is in line with scriptural prophecy, and many others do. It's a never-ending debate.
I believe the debate is going to end soon, but those who are left behind will miss the appointed assembly of the sons of God in the heavens' Holies, to which all born again in Christ believers of the ages who live -and lived- godly, sober lives, watching and praying that they may be counted worthy to escape the things coming and to stand before the Son of Man in garments of Glory as His adopted "sons, have been appointed to attend.

The living oracles which God gave to the Jews teach us about going in to the assembly as adopted sons, in the garments of Salvation, which we get from the Firstborn Son, at the time of our adoption's completion. That completion is at the ingathering of Pentecost, which is the first harvest of sons of God from this earth.

If you want to know what God teaches us about the call which we who obey Jesus by watching and praying so that we may be counted worthy to escape the things coming on this earth at the end times great tribulation, then you must acquaint yourself with the Schoolmaster's instructions, which instructions are the living oracles committed only to the namesake people of the Son of God.
The Law and the prophets teach us everything we must know, if we are to be informed in His oracles' instructions, as He delivered them to His namesake people by Moses.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever noticed the last third of Ezekiel?
Yep!
A great and glorious temple is described by Ezekiel, indeed, which has not yet been built and which is to be built in Jerusalem, on a raised and enlarged temple mount -larger and higher than the one there now- after Jesus returns at the end of the great tribulation, to cleanse the earth of all evil in the second consumation of sin on earth.
Enoch tells us about the first and second consumations of sin on earth, and the second will be as complete as the first. It is in the writings of Enoch, the prophet who was the seventh from Adam, where we learn the facts about the great tribulation which is to be the second consumation of sin on earth. He also told of the first consumation of sin on earth, which was the flood of Noah's time.
For those who continue to scoff and who are skeptics, I remind them that the womb brother of Jesus -Jude- quoted the very opening passage of Enoch 1, which speaks to those who will be left on earth, living in that time, when all the wicked and godless are to be removed. It is going to be horrible, but Jesus left this command to those whop belong to Him:
"Watch and pray that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things and to stand before the Son of Man"-
as the living oracles teach; and that "standing" is to be as newly garmented priests, celebrating the consecration of priesthood, shut in, with Him, for the week (of years), in His Holies, in His created temple, in His created heaven, for the entire time of the great tribulation which will come on the earth and all who dwell on it.

Numbers 10:1-7, in the living oracles teaches how the congregation of YHWH is to be called to assembly at His door -His door is the entry into His heavenly temple.
Psalm 50 teaches about that time of the gathering together to Him, at that call, when He comes out of His place to punish the inhabitants of the earth and to avenge His own, who are gathered to Him, first.

Isaiah 26:19-21 teaches that the dead rise first, at that call to "Come, My people", and the living rise last -as pr Numbers' oracle of the heavenly trumpets which will sound twice, together, to call the dead in Christ and the living to assemble at His door, and to go in, and shut their doors behind them.

Leviticus 8, in the living oracles teach what the newly garmented sons of the Firstborn do, when they go in, which is to shut themselves in for seven days, celebrating their consecration as priests.

Psalm 75:2,3 tell us that when He "laqachs/takes" the congregation to Himself, then the world and all it's inhabitants will be dissolved, but He bears up the pillars of them.

Jesus said the same in His flesh as He said through the prophet by the Spirit in Psalm 75:2,3; "men's hearts will fail -melt- for fear of the things coming on the earth at that time.

The entire world system will pass away -dissolve, and He will come with His Peace and Sabbath Reign for this earth at the end of that time of great distress on earth which will be a time like none before or after it.

Upvote 0

oldandnew

Feb 24, 2008
✟292.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The point I was trying to make Jipsah, was that there is enough prophecy given by our Lord Jesus to show the possibility of an endtime temple built in Jerusalem per Matthew 24. And there does exist an orthodox Jewish group in Jerusalem today that are ready to build it. (see 'templemount.org').

Some like to deny that sign is set in place today because they want to deny the events Paul warned us of in 2 Thessalonians 2 about a false one coming to play God prior to the coming of our Lord Jesus. 2 Thess.2 is also specific that false one will exalt himself over anything that is worshipped. That means over all world religions, not just Christianity.

oldandnew

Upvote 0

Bobgf

Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2008
Ohio
✟152,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yeshuasavedme said:
A great and glorious temple is described by Ezekiel, indeed, which has not yet been built and which is to be built in Jerusalem, on a raised and enlarged temple mount -larger and higher than the one there now- after Jesus returns at the end of the great tribulation, to cleanse the earth of all evil in the second consumation of sin on earth.
Hi yeshuasavedme

I agree with you that the Ezekiel Temple will be built.

But I can't figure out why there are different accounts between
Ezekiel and Zechariah concerning Jerusalem and the city gates.

I would appreciate it if you could share some light on this for me.
Do you think the prophets are speaking of different time periods?

The gates of the city will be named after the tribes of Israel. The three gates on the north side will be the gate of Reuben, the gate of Judah and the gate of Levi
(Ezek 48:31)

The whole land, from Geba to Rimmon, south of Jerusalem, will become like the Arabah. But Jerusalem will be raised up and remain in its place, from the Benjamin Gate to the site of the First Gate, to the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananel to the royal winepresses. It will be inhabited. Never again will it be destroyed, Jerusalem will be secure.

(Zech 14:10-11)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi yeshuasavedme

Hi. I thought there was a thread somewhere on Ezekiel's temple and yes, the book of Ezekiel is a highly symbolic book but I myself do not see any Biblical significance of a 3rd "earthly" Jewish temple/sanctuary being built and even the Orthodox Jews are unsure whether their Messiah/Redeemer will come first or they have to build it before he comes.
My "jerusalem" is above so I really don't dwell on it that much. Thoughts? :groupray:

Luke 21:5 And certain saying about the temple/ierou <2411> that to stones goodly and devoted-things/anaqhmasin <334> it hath been adorned/kekosmhtai <2885>, he said,
Matt 24:2 The yet Jesus saying to them, "Not you see all these? Amen I am saying to ye, not no be being left here stone upon stone, which not shall be being demolished."
Reve 21:2 And the city, the holy, Jerusalem, New, I perceived descending out of the heaven from the God, having been made ready as bride having been adorned/worlded/kekosmhmenhn <2885> (5772) to the man of her.

Reve 21:19 The foundations of the wall of the city to every stone, precious, having been adorned/kekosmhmenoi <2885> (5772). The foundation, the first, Jasper. The second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald,

Upvote 0

Bobgf

Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2008
Ohio
✟152,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi. I thought there was a thread somewhere on Ezekiel's temple and yes, the book of Ezekiel is a highly symbolic book but I myself do not see any Biblical significance of a 3rd "earthly" Jewish temple/sanctuary being built and even the Orthodox Jews are unsure whether their Messiah/Redeemer will come first or they have to build it before he comes.
My "jerusalem" is above so I really don't dwell on it that much. Thoughts? :groupray:

Luke 21:5 And certain saying about the temple/ierou <2411> that to stones goodly and devoted-things/anaqhmasin <334> it hath been adorned/kekosmhtai <2885>, he said,
Matt 24:2 The yet Jesus saying to them, "Not you see all these? Amen I am saying to ye, not no be being left here stone upon stone, which not shall be being demolished."
Wow...Ezekiel Chapters 41 through 48 are all symbolic ??

Why did Ezekiel go into such great detail on Temple measurements?

What does all that mean??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi yeshuasavedme

I would appreciate it if you could share some light on this for me.
Do you think the prophets are speaking of different time periods?

The gates of the city will be named after the tribes of Israel. The three gates on the north side will be the gate of Reuben, the gate of Judah and the gate of Levi
(Ezek 48:31)

The whole land, from Geba to Rimmon, south of Jerusalem, will become like the Arabah. But Jerusalem will be raised up and remain in its place, from the Benjamin Gate to the site of the First Gate, to the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananel to the royal winepresses. It will be inhabited. Never again will it be destroyed, Jerusalem will be secure.

How are those gates the same?

I see 3 gates to the North in one passage:
Ruben, Judah, Levi

and the second passage mentions a Benjamin gate, a first gate and a corner gate...

I'm not getting it...

Upvote 0

Bobgf

Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2008
Ohio
✟152,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How are those gates the same?

I see 3 gates to the North in one passage:
Ruben, Judah, Levi

and the second passage mentions a Benjamin gate, a first gate and a corner gate...

I'm not getting it...

The gates are NOT the same...that's the point I'm making....glad you agree.

Question is, since both of these scripture passages are yet future, when will they happen?

They're contradictory, so they can't happen at the same time.

yeshuasavedme said, "A great and glorious temple is described by Ezekiel, indeed, which has not yet been built and which is to be built in Jerusalem, on a raised and enlarged temple mount -larger and higher than the one there now- after Jesus returns at the end of the great tribulation"

If what yeshuasavedme said is true, then when will Zechariah's prophecy come true ?

Jen, sorry I didn't make myself clear the first time. Hope you understand my confusion now.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The gates are NOT the same...that's the point I'm making....glad you agree.

Question is, since both of these scripture passages are yet future, when will they happen?

They're contradictory, so they can't happen at the same time.

yeshuasavedme said, "A great and glorious temple is described by Ezekiel, indeed, which has not yet been built and which is to be built in Jerusalem, on a raised and enlarged temple mount -larger and higher than the one there now- after Jesus returns at the end of the great tribulation"

If what yeshuasavedme said is true, then when will Zechariah's prophecy come true ?

Jen, sorry I didn't make myself clear the first time. Hope you understand my confusion now.
Sorry, I'm still a bit slow...

There are 12 gates, right? So, then why would listing of 3 different one's in each passage be contradictory?

Unless...there's a temple built with the old dimensions for the time of judgment and wrath and yet another one built after Christ returns for the millenium...?

Does anyone know the dimensions of the one that is in the works right now from the Temple Institute? It would have to fit on top of the current Temple Mount, wouldn't it? The one mentioned in Ezekiel wouldn't fit there, would it?

side note:
Besides the Temple Institute, I've read that the Freemasons want to build the next temple too.

Upvote 0

Bobgf

Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2008
Ohio
✟152,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, I'm still a bit slow...

There are 12 gates, right? So, then why would listing of 3 different one's in each passage be contradictory?

Unless...there's a temple built with the old dimensions for the time of judgment and wrath and yet another one built after Christ returns for the millenium...?

Does anyone know the dimensions of the one that is in the works right now from the Temple Institute? It would have to fit on top of the current Temple Mount, wouldn't it? The one mentioned in Ezekiel wouldn't fit there, would it?

side note:
Besides the Temple Institute, I've read that the Freemasons want to build the next temple too.
Jen, please just go and read Ezekiel's account of the temple, and city gates (e.g., Ezek 48:30-35), etc. and tell me if you think that the temple and land distribution there in Ezekiel's prophecy, in any way resembles Zechariah's prophecy of Zech 14:10-11. Thanks.

In my estimation they are totally different environments and therefore must relate to different times, but I don't know when, and I'm trying to find out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tendril

Jan 21, 2008
✟15,144.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Engaged
Tim LaHaye is a Christian. He's just, in my opinion, a little misguided.

Personally, I think the two of them had a good idea for a couple of books based (loosely) on scriptural prophecy. Once they became popular and the money started rolling in, they decided to turn it into a franchise. I think that hurt their credibility quite a lot. But I think they are Christians, regardless.

Pre-trib refers to those who believe in a pre-tribulation rapture. There are different eschatological beliefs - pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib all refer to when a person believes the rapture occurs. The Left Behind books depict a pre-tribulation scenario.

Many Christians do not believe pre-trib is in line with scriptural prophecy, and many others do. It's a never-ending debate.

I agree.

The thing is, if the authors of Left Behind really believed in what they wrote, then they should be spending their lives and the butt load of money they make on the series on evangelizing, right? Maybe I'm behind the times, but I don't recall any Tim La hay evangelizing revival sweeping the world, do you?

Tendril

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jen, please just go and read Ezekiel's account of the temple, and city gates (e.g., Ezek 48:30-35), etc. and tell me if you think that the temple and land distribution there in Ezekiel's prophecy, in any way resembles Zechariah's prophecy of Zech 14:10-11. Thanks.

In my estimation they are totally different environments and therefore must relate to different times, but I don't know when, and I'm trying to find out.
OOOOHHHH, now I'm with 'ya!

Just to add another dimension to it...here's a passage about each clan mourning separately...as though they have already divided the land.

Zec 12:9 On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attack Jerusalem.
Zec 12:10 &#8220;And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.
Zec 12:11 On that day the weeping in Jerusalem will be great, like the weeping of Hadad Rimmon in the plain of Megiddo.
Zec 12:12 The land will mourn, each clan by itself, with their wives by themselves: the clan of the house of David and their wives, the clan of the house of Nathan and their wives,
Zec 12:13 the clan of the house of Levi and their wives, the clan of Shimei and their wives,
Zec 12:14 and all the rest of the clans and their wives.

Eze 48:29 &#8220;This is the land you are to allot as an inheritance to the tribes of Israel, and these will be their portions,&#8221; declares the Sovereign LORD.
Eze 48:30 &#8220;These will be the exits of the city: Beginning on the north side, which is 4,500 cubits long,
Eze 48:31 the gates of the city will be named after the tribes of Israel. The three gates on the north side will be the gate of Reuben, the gate of Judah and the gate of Levi.
Eze 48:32 &#8220;On the east side, which is 4,500 cubits long, will be three gates: the gate of Joseph, the gate of Benjamin and the gate of Dan.
Eze 48:33 &#8220;On the south side, which measures 4,500 cubits, will be three gates: the gate of Simeon, the gate of Issachar and the gate of Zebulun.
Eze 48:34 &#8220;On the west side, which is 4,500 cubits long, will be three gates: the gate of Gad, the gate of Asher and the gate of Naphtali.
Eze 48:35 &#8220;The distance all around will be 18,000 cubits.
&#8220;And the name of the city from that time on will be:

The LORD is There.&#8221;

Zec 14:10 The whole land, from Geba to Rimmon, south of Jerusalem, will become like the Arabah. But Jerusalem will be raised up and remain in its place, from the Benjamin Gate to the site of the First Gate, to the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananel to the royal winepresses.
Zec 14:11 It will be inhabited; never again will it be destroyed. Jerusalem will be secure.

More:

Eze 45:1 &#8221; &#8216;When you allot the land as an inheritance, you are to present to the LORD a portion of the land as a sacred district, 25,000 cubits long and 20,000cubits wide; the entire area will be holy.
Eze 45:2 Of this, a section 500 cubits square is to be for the sanctuary, with 50 cubits around it for open land.
Eze 45:3 In the sacred district, measure off a section 25,000 cubitslong and 10,000 cubits wide. In it will be the sanctuary, the Most Holy Place.
Eze 45:4 It will be the sacred portion of the land for the priests, who minister in the sanctuary and who draw near to minister before the LORD. It will be a place for their houses as well as a holy place for the sanctuary.
Eze 45:5 An area 25,000 cubits long and 10,000 cubits wide will belong to the Levites, who serve in the temple, as their possession for towns to live in.
Eze 45:6 &#8221; &#8216;You are to give the city as its property an area 5,000 cubits wide and 25,000 cubits long, adjoining the sacred portion; it will belong to the whole house of Israel.

It looks like Ezekiel's temple is built after the division of the land among the tribes because an area of the land for the holy city and the sanctuary is sectioned off for that purpose. They would have to measure and divide the land in order to know where to put the sanctuary, right?

Is it possible that after Israel's neighbors and the northern army are destroyed that Israel realizes God has saved them, there's a mass exodus to Israel and the land is divided up in preparation for the building of the temple which is then built and which the anti-christ desecrates? During the hour of judgment and wrath, there are 144,000 of Israel sealed and two witnesses testifying which appear to also have something to do with the building of the temple because of the references to Zarubabel in Zechariah 4.

Remember, too, that there is a big earthquake at the beginning of judgment and wrath (seal #6 of Rev 6) that could rearrange the landscape in preparation for this division of land and building of the sanctuary. Ezekiel 38 mentions an earthquake as well:

Eze 38:18 This is what will happen in that day: When Gog attacks the land of Israel, my hot anger will be aroused, declares the Sovereign LORD.
Eze 38:19 In my zeal and fiery wrath I declare that at that time there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel.

and in Joel 2...an army comes and the earth shakes

Upvote 0

BeforeTheFoundation

Jan 20, 2008
✟16,297.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Tendril said:
The thing is, if the authors of Left Behind really believed in what they wrote, then they should be spending their lives and the butt load of money they make on the series on evangelizing, right? Maybe I'm behind the times, but I don't recall any Tim La hay evangelizing revival sweeping the world, do you?

I had a Professor that questioned why the authors didn't just give the books away if they felt so strongly about it.

Reactions: Nilloc
Upvote 0

Bobgf

Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2008
Ohio
✟152,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
HisDaughterJen said:
Remember, too, that there is a big earthquake at the beginning of judgment and wrath (seal #6 of Rev 6) that could rearrange the landscape in preparation for this division of land and building of the sanctuary. Ezekiel 38 mentions an earthquake as well:
There's going to be upheavals and earthquakes which will drastically change the landscape.
The land of Israel will be raised high above the surrounding areas:

For on my holy mountain, the high mountain of Israel, declares the Sovereign LORD, there in the land the entire house of Israel will serve me
(Ezek 20:40)

In visions of God he took me to the land of Israel and set me on a very high mountain, on whose south side were some buildings that looked like a city
(Ezek 40:2)

In the last days the mountain of the LORD's temple will be established as chief among the mountains; it will be raised above the hills, and all nations will stream to it
(Isaiah 2:2)

You might think it would be cold there high on a mountain,
but the LORD's Shekinah will provide a canopy of protection from the weather.

Then the LORD will create over all of Mount Zion and over those who assemble there a cloud of smoke by day and a flaming fire by night; over all the glory will be a canopy
(Isaiah 4:5)

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's going to be upheavals and earthquakes which will drastically change the landscape.
The land of Israel will be raised high above the surrounding areas:

For on my holy mountain, the high mountain of Israel, declares the Sovereign LORD, there in the land the entire house of Israel will serve me
(Ezek 20:40)

In visions of God he took me to the land of Israel and set me on a very high mountain, on whose south side were some buildings that looked like a city
(Ezek 40:2)

In the last days the mountain of the LORD's temple will be established as chief among the mountains; it will be raised above the hills, and all nations will stream to it
(Isaiah 2:2)

You might think it would be cold there high on a mountain,
but the LORD's Shekinah will provide a canopy of protection from the weather.

Then the LORD will create over all of Mount Zion and over those who assemble there a cloud of smoke by day and a flaming fire by night; over all the glory will be a canopy
(Isaiah 4:5)

:amen:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.