Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm a woman and LCMS. Although I do think women should be allowed to vote, I agree that women shouldn't have positions of authority over men (I really like the idea of an all male episcopal polity tho'). As far as HC, I do think it should be open to baptized Christians who believe in the Real Presence in the Eucharist.
Yes,sometimes I think the way you do. The sticking point, though, is so many non-Lutherans do not believe in the Real Presence. My relatives that are not Lutheran do not. (See my other post)
They believe it is a memorial meal only. (I have had debates with them).

Upvote 0

Paladin7

Oct 14, 2019
Dallas
✟15,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Where God's Word is concerned, even our reason must be held captive to the Word of God. As Lutherans we don't disagree with the Word, rather, we try to study and understand it, wrestle with it. Of course there will be teachings we, as sinful human beings, don't like or don't see the logic in, i.e. Women's roles in the Church. In those cases it is critical that we study and learn vs hold opinions that are not Biblical.

Upvote 0

Jim47

Heaven Bound
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2004
Michigan
✟46,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I doubt whether this will ever happen in this life time.
I am an old member here and a former staffer. I've been a WELS member for 60 years or more. WELS has had many past meeting with the LCMS but instead of drawing us closer the LCMS drifted away even farther from Luther's teachings and from some key teachings in the bible. Some of those have already been mentioned in this thread.
Look for a book by John Brug named Church Fellowship. If memory serves me correctly there is another named "Whats going on Among The Lutherans? You may be able to find these at Amazon or www.WELS.net at Northwest Publishing.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟827,931.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I doubt whether this will ever happen in this life time.
I am an old member here and a former staffer. I've been a WELS member for 60 years or more. WELS has had many past meeting with the LCMS but instead of drawing us closer the LCMS drifted away even farther from Luther's teachings and from some key teachings in the bible. Some of those have already been mentioned in this thread.
Look for a book by John Brug named Church Fellowship. If memory serves me correctly there is another named "Whats going on Among The Lutherans? You may be able to find these at Amazon or www.WELS.net at Northwest Publishing.
To be fair, the newest WELS Service book shows a trend away from the traditionaly formula of the Lutheran Divine service, While LCMS and LCC's newest service book is more of a restoration than a new book; Luther certainly did not shun the traditional formula of the Mass; rather he refined it.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟827,931.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'm female and wouldn't change the closed communion policy.

I'm also autistic and oblivious to emotion.

I wonder if this is why the pastorate recommended me to consider authoritative positions over other women (deaconess, I think it's called here?) despite my autism...heh. I used to think of my condition as something of a curse because it prevents me from relating to other women over their various "issues," but it might be of benefit in other cases.

But I also think I'd be prone to arrogance and wield my intellect and lack of feeling over other women unkindly.
Your post is refreshingly honest! I wish I had seen this when it was written!

Upvote 0