3rd Rock from the Sun
✟12,398.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Melethiel said:
I'll grant you the harps. But electric guitars? :eek:

Besides, Bach played organ, Bach was Lutheran, ergo the official Lutheran instrument of choice is the pipe organ. And we know that if it's Lutheran, it's God-ordained. :p

Paul Molitor played baseball, Paul Molitor is a Lutheran, ergo baseball is the official sport of heaven...

Thanks, Mel. I've been wondering about that.

K

Upvote 0

C.F.W. Walther

May 11, 2005
MissourA
✟11,979.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Melethiel said:
I'll grant you the harps. But electric guitars? :eek:

Besides, Bach played organ, Bach was Lutheran, ergo the official Lutheran instrument of choice is the pipe organ. And we know that if it's Lutheran, it's God-ordained. :p

Mel I allmost want to reframe from mentioning this because it's vague but I have this organ solo running around in my head and I think......It's "Piece Heroique" by Cesar Franke but I'm not sure if that's the one. It has a very up tempo beat with finger exercises like Bach but of course it's more modern. Also has some good footwork developement. It's very bombastice and...........anyway I just wish I knew if that was the one I was looking for. I neeed to learn it before I get too old and my fingers don't work and I can't coordinate with my feet :(

I have a slow internet connection but I'd like to at least hear an excerpt from somewhere on the net and see if that's the one.

Upvote 0

LutherNut

Barefoot Bible Reader
Aug 15, 2005
✟2,254.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
KEPLER said:
Paul Molitor played baseball, Paul Molitor is a Lutheran, ergo baseball is the official sport of heaven...

Now wait a minute... Troy Aikman played football. Troy Aikman is a Lutheran. Ergo, football is the official sport of heaven. ;)

(But I will never concede that God roots for the Cowboys, regardless of that hole in their roof!)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

C.F.W. Walther

May 11, 2005
MissourA
✟11,979.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Melethiel said:
Ah that one...I have a friend who's learning it. Crazy pedal line. :p

Bach's got enough radical pedal stuff. Thank goodness for AGO specifications.

Now I just have to order Widor and start doing some tortuous finger exercises to get back in shape.

Upvote 0

C.F.W. Walther

May 11, 2005
MissourA
✟11,979.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Melethiel said:
Bach's plenty hard...but Widor's got 2-octave jumps in there. It's enough to sprain something. :p

LOL :)

After we move I need to find a good pipe organ to practise on. It's not easy playing classics on a Hammond H-100. Come to think of it, Jan and I are moving to Utah sometime in the future. Maybe the mormans will let me practise on the organ in the tabernacle....LOL.

Actually I played that organ some 45 years ago. My dad just asked the tour guide if I could and he said yes. He just warned me not to play both banks of 64ft pedals because they would set up a vibration that would bring down the tabernacle. Should have done it anyway. Might have slowed them down a bit. ^_^

Upvote 0

KEPLER

Crux sola est nostra theologia
Mar 23, 2005
3rd Rock from the Sun
✟12,398.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
LutherNut said:
Now wait a minute... Troy Aikman played football. Troy Aikman is a Lutheran. Ergo, football is the official sport of heaven. ;)

(But I will never concede that God roots for the Cowboys, regardless of that hole in their roof!)

I don't know, Jay... Tom Landry was a Lutheran, too...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Melethiel

Miserere mei, Domine
Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2005
Ohio
✟77,093.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Actually I played that organ some 45 years ago. My dad just asked the tour guide if I could and he said yes. He just warned me not to play both banks of 64ft pedals because they would set up a vibration that would bring down the tabernacle. Should have done it anyway. Might have slowed them down a bit. ^_^

What's the point of having 64' pedals if you can't play them? Silly architects...^_^

Upvote 0

C.F.W. Walther

May 11, 2005
MissourA
✟11,979.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Melethiel said:
What's the point of having 64' pedals if you can't play them? Silly architects...^_^
[/size][/color][/font]

You can play the 64ft pipes but there are two ranks and you can't play both at same time. In other words two 64ft stops on the organ can't be played simultaneously.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.