Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Burial is a symbol of respect, refusal of burial is a humiliating punishment for being a bad person or being a nobody.

Maybe in the times of Jesus, people literally did not bury those whom the community hated.

Even Hitler was not buried because the whole world hated him.

The two witnesses won't be buried as well because the whole world hated them.

Luke 6:22
Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult youand reject your name as evil,
because of the Son of Man.

How could the whole world hate them if they were just preaching in Israel and especially around Judea/Jerusalem, where they are eventually killed?

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Now I find that interesting.
Thanks for your view.......

you are welcomed.

It is the "Word of God" that has power to curse, power to call down fire from heaven etc. And although men in the form of prophets have been used as instruments it is actually God's Word that has the power.

In John 6 the Jews claim that Moses had great power to make manna come down out of heaven in the past. Jesus responds that Moses did not do it -- God did.

Thus Rev 11 is referencing the banned-burned-forbidden Bible during the 1260 years of the Dark ages that was being persecuted.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The two witnesses of Rev 11 are the Word of God - the Old and New Testament that was so often banned or burned and placed on the "forbidden books" list - under oppression and suppression in one form or another for 1260 years during the dark ages persecution of the saints.
in Christ,
Bob
LittleLambofJesus said:
Now I find that interesting.
Thanks for your view.......
you are welcomed.

It is the "Word of God" that has power to curse, power to call down fire from heaven etc. And although men in the form of prophets have been used as instruments it is actually God's Word that has the power.

In John 6 the Jews claim that Moses had great power to make manna come down out of heaven in the past. Jesus responds that Moses did not do it -- God did.

Thus Rev 11 is referencing the banned-burned-forbidden Bible during the 1260 years of the Dark ages that was being persecuted.
The 2 witnesses have the same characteristics as Moses and Elijah.

The Transfiguration

(Mark 9:1-13; Luke 9:28-36; 2 Peter 1:16-21)
Matthew 17:
1 After six days, Jesus took with him Peter, James, and John his brother, and brought them up into a high mountain by themselves. 2 He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his garments became as white as the light. 3 Behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them talking with him. 4 Peter answered, and said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you want, let's make three tents here: one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah."
5 Still of Him speaking, behold! a luminous cloud overshadows them and behold! a Voice out of the cloud saying
"this is being the Son of Me, the Beloved, in Whom I well-pleased<2106>, be ye hearing Him!
Mark 9
4 And there appeared to them Elijah with Moses, and they were talking with Jesus.
7 And became a cloud overshadowing the and became a voice out of the cloud saying
" this is being the Son of Me, the Beloved, be ye hearing Him!
Luke 9:
30 And lo, two men were speaking together with him, who were Moses and Elijah,
34 These yet of Him saying, became a cloud and overshadowed them and they were fearful. Yet in the to be entering them into the cloud
35 and a Voice became out of the cloud saying
"this is the Son of Me, the one having been chosen, Him be ye hearing!

Acts 3:22
For Moses indeed [toward the fathers] saying:
'That a prophet to ye shall be raising up, Lord the God of ye, out of the brothers of ye as Me. Of Him ye shall be hearing according to all as much as ever He should be speaking toward ye. [Deut 18:18,19]

Revelation 2:18
'And to the messenger of the assembly in Thyatira write!
These things saith the Son of God, who is having his eyes as a flame of fire, and his feet like to fine brass;

Kindgdom Bible Studies Revelation Series
The church in Thyatira has a longer message delivered to it from Jesus Christ than any of the seven churches,

Thyatira is the fourth church, and in her we see the rise of the woman Jezebel. No such lady of that name is known except the wicked wife of Ahab, Israel’s worst king. In the church at Thyatira we find that the spirit of Jezebel was alive and at work in the midst of the Lord’s people! Some of the believers in the church in Thyatira were in the Jezebel condition!

Upvote 0