Lawsuit alleges Colorado Voter Integrity group is sending armed members to intimidate voters at home

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
LINK

Lawsuit

Voting rights groups have filed a lawsuit seeking to stop a pro-Trump group from going door-to-door in Colorado in search of evidence to support voter fraud allegations that have already been debunkedand rejected by courts.

The lawsuit alleges that the U.S. Election Integrity Plan — led by Shawn Smith, an ally of former Trump strategist Steve Bannon and MyPillow founder Mike Lindell — is sending armed members door-to-door in areas with large numbers of voters of color, questioning people about how they voted and taking photographs of their homes.

"Sometimes armed and donning badges to present an appearance of government officiality, USEIP agents interrogate voters about their addresses, whether they participated in the 2020 election, and — if so — how they cast their vote," the complaint says. "It is reported that multiple agents have claimed to be from 'the county,' and have, without any evidence, falsely accused the residents of casting fraudulent ballots."

The USEIP is also working with the Colorado Republican Party on its "Election Integrity Operations," according to the Times Recorder.

USEIP did not respond to a request for comment. The group's website says it plans to expand to other states, including Arizona, Georgia and New Hampshire. Its training materials are already being used by conspiracy theorists in Utah who call themselves the Utah Voter Verification Project, according to the Salt Lake Tribune.

[See also New Mexico.]

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,150,273.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
How is this a problem if the intent is to seat a government that puts the nations best interests first?
Are you being ironic. Sending armed individuals demanding how citizens voted is clearly intimatory and vile.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Are you being ironic. Sending armed individuals demanding how citizens voted is clearly intimatory and vile.
Im just proposing that if the left keeps hold of govt much longer, we're doomed. So previous norms like constitutionality or even decency are looking quaint. The stakes are toooo high.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Im just proposing that if the left keeps hold of govt much longer, we're doomed. So previous norms like constitutionality or even decency are looking quaint. The stakes are toooo high.

It sounds like the armed induvials are being sent to the wrong place.

Upvote 0

Opdrey

Feb 12, 2022
Oregon
✟13,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
How is this a problem if the intent is to seat a government that puts the nations best interests first?

Indeed! If the goal is to Make America Great Again and to solve all the evils that must have happened to explain the mystery of why a vicious racist thug who tried to overthrow the US government wasn't elected President then some "eggs will have to be broken" to make our great National Souffle.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Indeed! If the goal is to Make America Great Again and to solve all the evils that must have happened to explain the mystery of why a vicious racist thug who tried to overthrow the US government wasn't elected President then some "eggs will have to be broken" to make our great National Souffle.
Justice is great.

But justice must serve righteousness. And expressions of iniquity, including ones voting choices, declare a forfeit of any claims on justice.

Come to righteousness.... then ask for justice.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
And expressions of iniquity, including ones voting choices, declare a forfeit of any claims on justice.

Come to righteousness.... then ask for justice.

You're starting to worry us all.

Everyone has a right to justice under the law. We do not need to ask for it. And if others seek to withhold justice, that is wickedness, and it is they who will find themselves behind bars.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You're starting to worry us all.

Everyone has a right to justice under the law. We do not need to ask for it. And if others seek to withhold justice, that is wickedness, and it is they who will find themselves behind bars.
I'm just prepping myself for assimilation into the forthcoming permanent minority rule. Learn to love it!

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
LINK

Lawsuit

Voting rights groups have filed a lawsuit seeking to stop a pro-Trump group from going door-to-door in Colorado in search of evidence to support voter fraud allegations that have already been debunkedand rejected by courts.

The lawsuit alleges that the U.S. Election Integrity Plan — led by Shawn Smith, an ally of former Trump strategist Steve Bannon and MyPillow founder Mike Lindell — is sending armed members door-to-door in areas with large numbers of voters of color, questioning people about how they voted and taking photographs of their homes.

"Sometimes armed and donning badges to present an appearance of government officiality, USEIP agents interrogate voters about their addresses, whether they participated in the 2020 election, and — if so — how they cast their vote," the complaint says. "It is reported that multiple agents have claimed to be from 'the county,' and have, without any evidence, falsely accused the residents of casting fraudulent ballots."

The USEIP is also working with the Colorado Republican Party on its "Election Integrity Operations," according to the Times Recorder.

USEIP did not respond to a request for comment. The group's website says it plans to expand to other states, including Arizona, Georgia and New Hampshire. Its training materials are already being used by conspiracy theorists in Utah who call themselves the Utah Voter Verification Project, according to the Salt Lake Tribune.

[See also New Mexico.]

I must go look up integrity as it clearly does not mean what I have always believed it to mean.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

1. making sure those you are questioning know you are armed
2. demanding to know who one voted for
3. impersonating a government agent

All problems, some illegal behaviours.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
LINK

Lawsuit

[See also New Mexico.]

Being armed is irrelevant and depending on what kind of neighborhoods they’re going thru can be necessary, but it wouldn’t deter me one bit from telling them it’s none of your business who I voted for get off my property. I’m a Trump supporter, he lost plain & simple, nothing is going to change that. I’m definitely not a fan of Biden but people have to face the fact that he’s not going anywhere. Refusal to accept that fact is futile. You can go to every house in America and ask each person who they voted for and it still won’t change a thing because it still doesn’t prove that voting fraud existed. People lie all the time so even if they got 326 million signed statements from Americans it still wouldn’t matter. Just move on people and correct the mistake next term there’s nothing you can do about Biden being in office this term, nothing is going to change that.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Being armed is irrelevant and depending on what kind of neighborhoods they’re going thru can be necessary...
Is it generally ok to bring firearms onto other peoples property without permission? Seems like an "ask first" sort of thing.

Otoh, if the goal is to intimidate people out of anti-American voting choices, then I suppose a case could be made.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is it generally ok to bring firearms onto other peoples property without permission? Seems like an "ask first" sort of thing.

Otoh, if the goal is to intimidate people out of anti-American voting choices, then I suppose a case could be made.

Whether it’s “ok” or not is irrelevant what matters is if it’s legal or not. If a person has a sign posted that says no firearms allowed then they cannot legally enter onto the property carrying a firearm. People don’t always carry a firearm to intimidate many if not most people carry them for protection which only makes sense if they going door to door. I carried my pistol when I delivered for Uber Eats and Amazon Prime not because I wanted to intimidate anyone but for protection. I’m just curious we’re they carrying assault rifles or pistols in holsters? If they were carrying assault rifles then I would agree with you but if they were holstered side arms then I would say that’s a smart decision for anyone going door to door for anything.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Whether it’s “ok” or not is irrelevant what matters is if it’s legal or not.....
Why is the question of whether you are behaving like a jerk, or immorally, irrelevant? I find lots of relevance to how people behave in the world. Legality is just one piece of the pie.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

We already have a process for seating governments. It's called voting. Citizens have the right to make their own decision on whom it is best to elect.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why is the question of whether you are behaving like a jerk, or immorally, irrelevant? I find lots of relevance to how people behave in the world. Legality is just one piece of the pie.

Well probably because the topic is about a lawsuit and your personal opinions as to their motives for carrying a firearm is irrelevant to the case. They’re going door to door which is dangerous. So it’s not surprising that they might carry a firearm for protection, that is completely within the realm of possibility and logic.

Upvote 0

Opdrey

Feb 12, 2022
Oregon
✟13,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Well probably because the topic is about a lawsuit and your personal opinions as to their motives for carrying a firearm is irrelevant to the case. They’re going door to door which is dangerous. So it’s not surprising that they might carry a firearm for protection, that is completely within the realm of possibility and logic.

Just a quick pro-tip: if someone is NOT a deputized law enforcement officer yet they feel the need to approach people without permission they should not be allowed to claim "self defense" for any encounter. They put themselves into the situation and as such they cannot claim they need a gun to protect them from people they are imposing on.

If they are scared enough that they feel the need to carry a gun, perhaps they shouldn't be doing this.

I can't go into a bank brandishing a gun because I'm "scared" of bankers and expect it to go well for me.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Just a quick pro-tip: if someone is NOT a deputized law enforcement officer yet they feel the need to approach people without permission they should not be allowed to claim "self defense" for any encounter. They put themselves into the situation and as such they cannot claim they need a gun to protect them from people they are imposing on.

If they are scared enough that they feel the need to carry a gun, perhaps they shouldn't be doing this.

I can't go into a bank brandishing a gun because I'm "scared" of bankers and expect it to go well for me.
I think a presumption of deadly threat is reasonable, given that this is American after all.

Upvote 0

Opdrey

Feb 12, 2022
Oregon
✟13,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I think a presumption of deadly threat is reasonable, given that this is American after all.

A presumption of deadly threat is quite rational in America. But I would struggle to say that someone going door to door could claim any form of "self defense" if they were scared of the person on the other side of the door. Just don't go to other people's doors if you don't have to.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0