Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I'm sorry, I didn't think of Lawrence Welk's show not being known outside the U. S. A.

It went off the air in 1971, so I knew people here would be the right age group (sort of). He was mostly popular with older people, but my brothers and I liked him as youngsters, especially the Lennon sisters...

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Me too, the Lennon sisters..especially little Janet Lennon.

One of my brothers was stuck on her, another one was stuck on JoAnne Castle, who played rag-time piano.

Upvote 0

Rebecca Sue

A child of the King
Mar 7, 2013
Texas
✟28,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I remember the show playing when I was a child. My whole family watched it together. Believe it or not, I have a signed program my mother got from a local appearance they made, probably in the fifties. One performer's name is Alice Lon. Pretty cool, I like them. :cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, they were considered "corny" by many people in the late 1960s, but they actually played a wide variety of music, and did a good job of it (as well as the dancing).

How about Joe Feeny, the Irish tenor?

Upvote 0

Rebecca Sue

A child of the King
Mar 7, 2013
Texas
✟28,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I did enjoy them. There is something to be said about music from that era. I prefer it immensely over most of the music from the eighties, for example. Just me. Anyway I didn't remember him offhand but listened on utube. He was really something! Thanks for sharing. :)

Upvote 0