Proud member of the Loud Few
Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
✟23,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well considering that that designation was sacrificial only and not food related, it was passed down from the time Cain and Abel made their sacrifices. The Law did not go into effect until given to Moses, there is no Biblical proof that it did. You don't find anyone keeping the sabbath prior to the giving of the law, Noah was given every living creature to eat, and those are just two examples.

Upvote 0

TheScottsMen

Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
✟8,995.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
CIF:
Quick question. Do you believe the Christian church that has a Childrens Ministry, Bus Ministry, etc.. are part of the Apostasy Church? If so, with that in mind, Do you believe Justin and other early Christians were part of the Apostasy because they worshipped God on Sunday and not Saturday thus fullfilling the prophecy before the Lawlessness that is to come after? Just wondering because of the views based on your website and the postings within this thread. In short, I'm part of the Apostasy as well then?

Upvote 0

Charlesinflorida

Jan 2, 2004
Florida, US
Visit site
✟753.00
Faith
Messianic
flesh99 said:
No they would not be. You miss the point entirely apparently. What did all those people from Adam to Moses do? They didn't have the Law. But as for the sex issues:

1 Cor. 6:9 9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

That covers your questions, you cannot marry an animal so sex with an animal would be fornication at the very least. That is all NT.

No perhaps you missed the point. This was not a teaching of Jesus. Paul is able to make the judgement because it was established in the OLD testament. Paul is using the Tanahk, OT to make a decision about righteousness. If he had not do so, there would have been no NT ruling on it by itself.
CIF

Upvote 0

EdmundBlackadderTheThird

Proud member of the Loud Few
Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
✟23,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Charlesinflorida said:
No perhaps you missed the point. This was not a teaching of Jesus. Paul is able to make the judgement because it was established in the OLD testament. Paul is using the Tanahk, OT to make a decision about righteousness. If he had not do so, there would have been no NT ruling on it by itself.
CIF

What source he used does not matter. He quoted pagans and I don't see anyone saying we should follow the other teachings of the pagans he quoted. The source used is irrelevant, the fact is it is mentioned in the NT so by the NT alone we have a ruling on it. You haven't answered my questions about tassels or your beard? Aren't we supposed to follow the law?

Upvote 0

Charlesinflorida

Jan 2, 2004
Florida, US
Visit site
✟753.00
Faith
Messianic
Theophilus7 said:
[/b][/size]

Better PM me on that one, if you're interested.

Thanks for that. I agree that the Torah is of value in judging moral situations. But what about the other stuff? You apparently don't want us to get back into the sacrificial ceremonies. I'm glad to hear it. But there are other things you think we should be doing, aren't there? Don't you advocate that Christians should keep the feasts? And what about special clothing (eg. Tehillims) and the other 'smells and bells'?

Cheers. :)

I am sorry that you are unwilling to answer this question about Christmas and Easter. Though I suspect that I know your answer.

As for the other stuff, I will say that there are good reason that we as believers should be doing some of them, and some things that do not apply directly to us, beause they are associated with those who live in the lands of Israel or pertaining to the priesthood and the sacrificial sytem that is for the present time suspended.

As for the feasts, there are two aspects to them. Each have a sacrifical element. The sacrifices are eaten before the lord. You might think of them as a huge Texas BBQ. I am afraid that the mental picture of sacrifices today for most people comes from Konan he barbarian or some other hollywood production. They had a great deal more to do with fellowship as a community before the lord much like the Christian Potluck dinners after service.

The feast days of the Lord all have prophetic elements that are connected directly to Yeshua. As we take part in them, we learn deep-rich lessons about Messiah and are drawn closer to him. Christmas, and Easter are both Pagan feasts and not connected to anything to do with Gods plan. Christian elements have been added, but plenty of Pagan stuff remains in them. When we take part in Sukkot, and we build a sukka to take our meals in, we are dwelling in the same structure that the Lord was born in. We are reliving the time that our ancestors lived in the wilderness with the Lord in the tabernacle, wth a flame of fire by night and a pillar of smoke by day. We are practicing for the day when he once again lives with us in the Millenial Kingdom. Yeshua was born in a sukka on the first day of Sukkot, not on Dec 25th which was the day the Pagans celebrated the rebirth of the sun God as the days began to be longer again.

Often times when driving I see little roadside memorials with a little statue of a woman in a blue robe. At her feet are fresh cut flowers. Sometimes you will see people kneeling in front of these and they bend over and kiss the stone toes of these statues. When I see this I think of how it breaks the fathers heart, to see those who were saved by the blood of his son now worshipping and praying to another god-godess.If they knew the Torah they would not do this because God says you shall not make a graven image of man or beast or anything in the sea to bow down before it. But do you know that some so called christian denominations have eliminated this commandment from their bibles, to make room for their traditions?

CIF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

flyfishing

Feb 6, 2004
✟612.00
Faith
Christian
Charles, in my past i have met on messianic Jew.. He was nothing like you I can assure you. Perhaps that was because he was also an Assembly of god minister who ministered to an unsaved jewish population in nh..

Meeting you makes me put you and all Messianics on my prayer list. If you are following the law and rejecting Christ as it seems from what you have listed here i will add salvation praying to my list. Sir i dont know if all messianics are like you because you seem to be like one group i see in the Bible: THE PHARISEES..

Upvote 0

Charlesinflorida

Jan 2, 2004
Florida, US
Visit site
✟753.00
Faith
Messianic
Perceivence said:
That is precisely what I was talking about. When I say "follow the law" I, like everyone else who knows what that phrase means, refer to following the Torah as the way of life. I speak of doing what the Torah commands one to do, of following its commandments, of following its law.

Let me answer that with you question below.

Perceivence said:
God gave the Jews the law as a prequel to Jesus. As for its purpose within that purpose, I do not know as yet. Based on what Paul was saying, it sounds as if the Jews thought it was a guideline that would eventually lead to righteousness.

Both Paul and Jesus have a big problem with the Jews who had turned Torah into legalism, in many cases adding many regulation to Gods simple law, making it so complex that no man could bear it. Some Jews thought (incorectly) that if they kept the laws they would win salvation. They missed some escential lessons. God saves us by faith outside of works o the law. Like Abraham, saved through aith. Then after being saved abraham was obedient to God perhaps in graditude for haing saved and blessing him

Perceivence said:
What's your defintion of legalism?

Legalism, is the process of using Gods Torah as a check list of things you mustr DO in order to gain salvation. A legalistic observance of Torah commands. Where keeping the law, obligates God to accept you like paying wages to a servant or doing his job. This is legalism.

Using the law correctly, as reproof establishing doctrine, for training in righteousness is what we should do. See II tim 3:16 It tells us what behaviors or practices are aceptable to God and which are not. As in the example of marrying a near relative, homosexuality,or how and when the Lord wants your attention for fellowship. Even the first gentiles to be saved were given orah instruction in how to separate from pagan practices and to observe some basic Kosher laws. See Act 15:20-21

Perceivence said:
If the Temple was still erected today and there were sacrifices for sin, would you believe that those are being sacrificed for your sins?

Sacrifices never did remove sin. The brought to light in rich object lesson what the cost of sin was. So I can not say how I or you for that matter might relate to them if they were still in operation. Long after the resurection, Paul took part in a nazzarite vow with a couple of other believers and provided their sacrifices in the temple as required by the law. So Paul still saw some realivance to them. He also was anxious to join the belevers in Jerusalem to take part in the feast days which of course would include emple sacrifices. In the Millennial Kingdom, the sacrifices and temple service will be re-instated. So you might want to think for youself, how will you deal with that. We all will have to rethink a few things. Me included.

Perceivence said:
And you choose to follow him by following the letter of the law?

Not by letter of the law, beause Paul uses that term in relationship to legalism. I follow Torah as a guideline for my life. I do this joyfully because it is done freely out of my love for the Lord. I am able to take part in te same things that the Lord himself did and what the disciple did. I can live as they lived to a great extent, except for this coputer and that TV over there. There are many things that a rabinical Jew does that I do not do. I am biblical Messianic. For example on Sabath the Jews light candles and they say a prayer (the woman) which says hat the Lord has commaded us to light the shabbat candles. Well that is not true. God didn't tell us light shabbat candles. It is simply a tradition which grew out of a need to transfer the lost temple service to the home and synagogue. I do not deny them their doing this. In fact it is quite beautiful, beause it realy helps separate the sabbath as a special day, just as refraing from work, and using the finest table setting and wearing nice cloths and going to synagogue. But I do not take part in the candle cerimony simply beause it is not biblical and not a commandment as stated in the prayer.

Perceivence said:
I am fully aware of Jesus' direct message and the Holy Spirit's message through Paul. I know that Jesus came to fulfill the law, that the law was instituted until Jesus' arrival. I know that Jesus has come, died, been resurrected and has ascended to heaven. Thus, I know that I am no longer under the law.

Read Matt 5:17 again. Yeshua says that he did not come to destroy the prophets or the law. Destroy in the Greek means "to rend ineffective, to make null, to abolish, to make of no function". (see strongs) So he did not make the law or prophets of no effect. Now most believers will say that he put an end to the law, but they believe all the prophecy is still for today. duplistic thinking. Then Yeshua goes on to say, I have not come to destroy but to fulfil. Fulil in the Greek means "to bring to it full measure, to fill up, to make full to supply liberally, to correctly interpret". So. we see that is what he did.
and christians agree that he is speaking of the Old testament laws no arguement with that, But Jesus goes on to say, "for whosover breaks the least of one of these commandments and teaches others to do the same shall be the least in the kingdom of heaven".. Now the christian usually changes his opinion and says that he is now speaking of HIS own commandments and not the OT.

No he is speaking of the OT all the way through the passage.

Yeshua sets the law back on track. He discredits legalism, and makes the law something that speaks to the heart in spirit. It is in this way that I follow the law. Just as Jesus and Paul for that matter explained the law.

CIF

Upvote 0

TheScottsMen

Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
✟8,995.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
CIF:
Why not answer my questions? Why avoid something you posted for the world to see? You say we are the "harlot" church, yet when confronted, you say nothing. Why say something you will not defend? Are all of my brothers and sisters in Christ who attend Pentecostal, WOF, Lutheran etc.. Churches part of the Apostasy? Because we do not worship on Saturday and follow the Jewish Laws, are we bound for hell? Just a simple question that deserves as a simple yes or not:) I do not think I am being overtoned for asking this? Is this not a legitimate question? This reminds me of something. There is a brother in Christ who attends these Forums. On his website has very many things that people do not agree with. Yet, when confronted with Questions regarding these things he defends his papers he wrote. In your eyes he would be part of the harlot yet. But yet, he defends what he shows the world, you, being a "true" follower of Christ, can you not do the same?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Charlesinflorida

Jan 2, 2004
Florida, US
Visit site
✟753.00
Faith
Messianic
flesh99 said:
Well considering that that designation was sacrificial only and not food related, it was passed down from the time Cain and Abel made their sacrifices. The Law did not go into effect until given to Moses, there is no Biblical proof that it did. You don't find anyone keeping the sabbath prior to the giving of the law, Noah was given every living creature to eat, and those are just two examples.

Abraham is called the father of those saved though faith. But look at this testimony of him

Gen 26 [4] And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; [5] Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Abraham was saved by faith and then he was obedient to Gods laws, beginning with circumcision. The law was known to those who had faith, at least in those days, if not for believers today.

CIF

Upvote 0

Charlesinflorida

Jan 2, 2004
Florida, US
Visit site
✟753.00
Faith
Messianic
TheScottsMen said:
CIF:
Or reply to mine in regards to quotes from Christians worshipping on Sunday way before the Christian religion became the state religion of Rome?

Yes Sunday worship bean earlier in teh Roman district and some in Alexanfrea. But not in the Palestinian areas. It was a Roman compromise. Most of the men you quoted were Romans. There are others that should be considered. The observance of Sabath and Passover was still a big issue as late as 550 AD, which says that many were not buying into the party line on this. Many stayed faithful to Gods sabath. And that cotinues to this very day. That is why we are haing this arguement.

Here is a question that runs side by side with this one and helps clarify.
Why do Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus on December 25th.

Answer that and you discover the answer to sabbath.

CIF

Upvote 0

TheScottsMen

Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
✟8,995.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The issue was with Jewish converts to Christ who did not want to give up their sabbath and be free. Gentiles did not have this problem. Btw; you still have not answered any of my questions above. I'm getting a feeling you won't. This is very sad! You can attack the Christian church, but when confronted? Nothing.

Upvote 0

Charlesinflorida

Jan 2, 2004
Florida, US
Visit site
✟753.00
Faith
Messianic
TheScottsMen said:
CIF:
Quick question. Do you believe the Christian church that has a Childrens Ministry, Bus Ministry, etc.. are part of the Apostasy Church? If so, with that in mind, Do you believe Justin and other early Christians were part of the Apostasy because they worshipped God on Sunday and not Saturday thus fullfilling the prophecy before the Lawlessness that is to come after? Just wondering because of the views based on your website and the postings within this thread. In short, I'm part of the Apostasy as well then?

Matt 23:[23] Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

If you do these extra things and bypass the weightier matters of charity, and righteousness, you have gone off the wrong direction.

Man comes up with all sorts of ideas of what would be good to do and then prays and ask God to bless their enterprise.

It would be better to pray first and ask God what to do, and then do that. Then he will surly bless your obedience to his dierection.

If you are running with an organization that is not working within the instructions of God and are working in the flesh, using their own ideas and energy in the flesh, you are in an apostate church and need to get out of there.

CIF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.