Visit site
✟142,931.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
… rubbing my hands together waiting for the Red Letter Media boys to work their magic on this one :relaxed:
An English teacher friend I know shows the original Phantom Menace RLM treatment to his Year 9 or 10 English students. It's so good at doing the movie review thing, with treatments on character of the hero, villain, plot, target audience, etc, that it helps them write better book reviews. But did they ever rescue that girl from his basement!? (Not a very woke joke!) :wave:

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think this show's going to do well. Wokeness & lore destruction didn't really hurt Star Wars & Marvel's still going strong. People will see the critics 'love' it & eat it up. Plus, I'm guessing a lot of LotR fans like woke. Won't do as well as the new Game of Thrones show, but I think LotR is more niche.

Upvote 0

B_James

Sep 1, 2022
Calgary
✟15,750.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've been watching early reviews for this because I was (at least at one point) looking forward to it. Several sources that I trust say that it's boring and horribly written. They're not even getting in to the political narratives being pushed by the creators either, just the fact that it isn't very good.

• Friendly
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,931.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Ok - so for reference to this next meme, there was an Aussie comedy about working class suburbia ("Westies") called Cath and Kim. Here is the intro - about 40 seconds.

You can see where this is going!
Now take the Cath and Kim theme song and apply...
(Oh my sides!)

Upvote 0