Laugh out loud leftist PC hilarity

Insane_Duck

Because ducks are just awesome like that.
May 29, 2011
✟1,763.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
My uncle's name is Dick. Maybe the guy was trying to compare Obama to another person, not a swear word.

I mean, there's a lot more repugnant words the man could've used.
^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^ That is possibly the one of the worst defenses I've ever seen, ever. ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Upvote 0

EdwinWillers

Jan 13, 2010
Galt's Gulch
✟8,420.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So everything you disagree with is automatically "leftist"?
Well gee, I don't know; I suppose if I consider myself ideologically "right" - then wouln't it make at least a degree of sense to consider whatever I disagree with ideologically "not right?" And if something is ideologically "not right" - wouldn't that make it for all intents and purposes "left?"

Having said that - I disagree with lots of things on a non-ideological plane. I disagree for example with rock bands in worship services, with the order of traffic signals, with someone other than my waiter bringing us our food, with rice in American beers... I don't consider those things "leftist" - just wrong. ;)

Upvote 0

Ton80

Jun 13, 2007
✟2,365.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You've a point there.

He could've been comparing him to Dick Durbin, or maybe Ted Dick, union leader and Montana's new Democrat Party director... Perhaps Norm Dicks, Democrat on the house appropriations committee. Dick Gebhardt maybe? Dick Holland, Democrat contributor?

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^That is possibly the one of the worst suppositions I've ever seen, ever^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Upvote 0

FaithLikeARock

Let the human mind loose.
Nov 19, 2007
California
✟4,662.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Well, as the conservatives say...

It's a private business and why should we be telling them who they can and cannot suspend and how they should run THEIR business.

It's so odd how conservatives drop all values the minute it might mean treating liberals with respect.

Upvote 0

Insane_Duck

Because ducks are just awesome like that.
May 29, 2011
✟1,763.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

It's a private business and why should we be telling them who they can and cannot suspend and how they should run THEIR business.

It's so odd how conservatives drop all values the minute it might mean treating liberals with respect.
Or contradicting their pastor...

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others

While I agree with you, it's kind of the nature of internet politics these days. Could go back to 2008 to show loads of the other way around.

Upvote 0

Received

True love waits in haunted attics
Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
✟38,594.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well gee, I don't know; I suppose if I consider myself ideologically "right" - then wouln't it make at least a degree of sense to consider whatever I disagree with ideologically "not right?" And if something is ideologically "not right" - wouldn't that make it for all intents and purposes "left?"

This assumes there's three ticks on the continuum: left, centrist, and right.

Moreover, MSNBC is a corporation. They know about public image. Remember when Beck lost advertisers left and right because he called Obama a racist? What you're calling Marxism is actually corporate supersensitivity through the advertising circuit. Apparently nothing says capitalism like Marxism. I agree with you completely, though, that this type of censorship is dumb.

Upvote 0