Later......

mmmtacos

Apr 3, 2011
✟15,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well 16 days since I joined and I've had/seen enough.

Jesus only gave one command (love one another) and we can't even get that right.

I thought this would be a cool forum to be a part of, but there is sooo much childishness and carnality here it's not edifying at all to log in. I can't read a single thread without someone showing their ill will. Jeeez people!!!

I've had enough.

I would say more but those who know what I'm talking about don't need any more explanation. For those who don't - those who remain can 'splain it.

Bye

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Well 16 days since I joined and I've had/seen enough.

Jesus only gave one command (love one another) and we can't even get that right.
You think this site is harsh? You should try CARM for about an hour -- if you last an hour. I wish I could say I'm just kidding.

Seriously, though. Don't give up here. There are all types of people, even in the body of Christ. We need to love and deal with all of them. (btw, hope it wasn't anything I said that tipped you! :sorry: ) The fact that you have this feeling that you have to leave is the very reason that we all need someone like you here.

Be blessed in whatever you decide.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
it's true, there are some on the site who show their ill will or their ignorance just to get a rise out of others.

But rather than going away, try to stay and show them the love of Jesus. 90% of them only want someone to listen to them. When they find that someone is willing to listen, they usually calm down considerably, because being listened to is more important to them than if you were to agree with them.
And when they have unpacked their suitcase and said all that they wanted to say, then they will be ready to listen to you--but not until that time.

there are always reasons for the way people act towards each other. but if by your kindness and your calm words you can show them by your example how they should be responding, in time they may get tired of beating their heads against a brick wall and stop just long enough to listen to what you have to say.

i've tried it and it does work. :thumbsup: they begin to realize that speaking in a calm and reasonable manner will garner more listeners than yelling does any day of the week.

Upvote 0

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
And when they have unpacked their suitcase and said all that they wanted to say, then they will be ready to listen to you--but not until that time.
I love that image! Thanks for that instruction on patience. God bless!

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
My own feeling is very often people flock to forums because they have been hurt in church or they feel no-one will let them speak their minds, I believe you should stay and help others in their spiritual journey with the Lord. We are not all at the same place in our journey but God loves us all, even those who are childish and act carnal, not excusing it but why not pray for them?

Upvote 0

Jedi.Kep

Jul 30, 2009
Earth
✟16,160.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My own feeling is very often people flock to forums because they have been hurt in church or they feel no-one will let them speak their minds, I believe you should stay and help others in their spiritual journey with the Lord. We are not all at the same place in our journey but God loves us all, even those who are childish and act carnal, not excusing it but why not pray for them?

Awesome.

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
It's not people's immaturity that is an issue, it's that the moderation of this forum stil allows for people to villify Word of Faith and stop us faith people having a simple discussion with each other.

That's why I am only here every several months or so. Looking for change.

Upvote 0

Northlander

Apr 24, 2011
Northern US
✟7,649.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have been registered here for 2 days, and I already see what mmmtacos is seeing. Why are the religiousy minded folks being allowed to post such critical harsh stuff here in this WOF forum? I thought I saw a debate forum here at this message board? I, being a WOF church member for many years, could care less what anyone else's negative opinion is of Kenneth E. Hagin, and E.W. Kenyon. I don't care for posts publicly ripping on another pastor, who regularly posts here, by the way, because they can, or for whatever reason. Have some respect, and use personal messaging. Keep the garbage off the forum. There are other places here to go and sling that stuff. I could also care less what anyone else thinks about my 'x' # of posts, and my newbie status as far as my tone of this post is concerned. If admin. has a problem with it, I am sure I will know shortly. I am a call it like I see it type of person, but I try to do it in love. There are dedicated faith filled believers here at the WOF forum who get it right- you are not who I am referring to. Like mmmtacos posted, The Word tells us to walk in love. And I'll ad respect to that. Folks just need to do it. Time is too short to sow the seeds of division by some I see here. I am not leaving like mmtacos, but am considering my involvement here. Let's bring a greater level of love, peace,glory,and annointing to this forum. We are WOF people, right? God bless you all abundantly all beyond you ask or think.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I heard it said, "Chew the hay and spit out the chaff."

I don't read every post. Especially the stupid, unbelieving ones! On rare occasions I have reported posts that should not have been here on WoF forum. One can always do that you know. The mods don't read EVERYTHING, so if there is a post here that should not be in which someone has violated the CF rules, report it to a mod. It will be taken care of.

Just like the real world of government and politics, rules are there to protect us, but we have to speak up and not let the wicked, or to say it another way, the twisted, violate and take what is ours. Christians, take your ground! Isn't that what we are told? "Go and and take the land! Do not be afraid or dismayed, for I am with you." We have to do that in our mind, our bodies, our country, and here too. The enemy is out to take what is ours. He's a thief. And a defeated one at that.

I am thankful for the Godly ones here. It has been worth it to me to be here these 5 or 6 years, or whatever it has been. :) I pass over the things that bring grief, and speak up when the Lord prompts me to. I've learned what to read and what not to. I've learned to listen to the Lord as I fellowship with people here. IRL we choose our friends. So it here. Choose who you hang out with.

Upvote 0

Northlander

Apr 24, 2011
Northern US
✟7,649.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I did not intend to be disrespectful towards the moderators, or forum admin. in my last post. I have worked as an internet forum moderator in the past, and know a little bit what is required to do the job as a mod. I apologize if my reply came across as disrespectful. I was a bit impassioned while typing my reply, and only meant to get folks to think about things in this forum. I do appreciate your reply,CindyisHis, and will strive to stay in my lane.

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I did not intend to be disrespectful towards the moderators, or forum admin. in my last post. I have worked as an internet forum moderator in the past, and know a little bit what is required to do the job as a mod. I apologize if my reply came across as disrespectful. I was a bit impassioned while typing my reply, and only meant to get folks to think about things in this forum. I do appreciate your reply,CindyisHis, and will strive to stay in my lane.
I'm not sure what I said to mislead you, but let me make it clear - I don't find you disrespectful at all!!! I think if YOU come across a post that is disrespectful, or anyone else for that matter, you should report it to a mod. I LIKE having you here. :)

Upvote 0
May 27, 2011
Moncton, N.B., Canada
✟15,147.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
What we've run into here is a regular happening on all forums....not just Christian or WOF ones. I've been looking at this forum for awhile but just signed up a couple days ago and have noticed that even "church" people can tend to act like a big shot with the anonymity of the internet. It is truly a shame that a great forum like this loses people because members of the forum who are not WOF people are constantly bringing argumentative opinions to this side of the forum.
Hopefully members that have planned to leave will change their minds.
God Bless.
Jodie

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What we've run into here is a regular happening on all forums....not just Christian or WOF ones. I've been looking at this forum for awhile but just signed up a couple days ago and have noticed that even "church" people can tend to act like a big shot with the anonymity of the internet. It is truly a shame that a great forum like this loses people because members of the forum who are not WOF people are constantly bringing argumentative opinions to this side of the forum.
Hopefully members that have planned to leave will change their minds.
God Bless.
Jodie
Welcome, Jodie! :wave: I pray your time here is blessed. We are looking forward to hearing from you. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
May 27, 2011
Moncton, N.B., Canada
✟15,147.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Cindy. Looking forward to others opinions and uplifting comments when it comes to WOF. I'm fairly new to a WOF church. Grew up in another denomination and tried to go back to it a couple times but I have to go where the Holy Spirit is guiding me so I'm WOF. I love the Spirit that I feel in the services and totally understanding the power that we as believers have through Jesus.

Upvote 0

KM Richards

Jan 30, 2010
I'm right here!
✟1,233.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
there is sooo much childishness and carnality here it's not edifying at all to log in. I can't read a single thread without someone showing their ill will.

Ah, the reason Jesus sent you here in the first place....to learn how to love un-lovely people! It's great spiritual exercise to counter the mean and the negative. Think of it as working out with spiritual weights building up yer spiritual muscles (the fruit of the Spirit).

You'll learn alot...like how to not allow (yes, it is a choice) mean comments to upset you. The world is full of meanness, which is why we need to tell them about Jesus.

May as well hang out occasionally and post good Word based, Love based comments that counter the mean posts. And, if they say sometin mean about you, well that just means you made a demon mad...and that's always fun!

Upvote 0

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ah, the reason Jesus sent you here in the first place....to learn how to love un-lovely people! It's great spiritual exercise to counter the mean and the negative. Think of it as working out with spiritual weights building up yer spiritual muscles (the fruit of the Spirit).

You'll learn alot...like how to not allow (yes, it is a choice) mean comments to upset you. The world is full of meanness, which is why we need to tell them about Jesus.

May as well hang out occasionally and post good Word based, Love based comments that counter the mean posts. And, if they say sometin mean about you, well that just means you made a demon mad...and that's always fun!

Hi KM Richards,

i agree with everything you are saying..... especially the love and forgiveness part...... except for one point..... the WOF forum site is much like our private home......

it is a place for us as a WOF family to find peace..... comfort..... encouragement...... nourishment...... fun...... help..... rest..... recouperation...... etc.... with an expectation of respect.... safety.... peace......

the WOF forum rules are meant to protect these values...... there is a debate forum for those who really want to do that kind of thing...... but paul told timothy that we SHOULD NOT fight and quarrel...... he said it only harms the listeners.....

so for the peace.... safety.... health.... happiness.... of our WOF house we need to report posts that are debating.... attacking.... flaming.... provoking.... etc.... and also lovingly let them know that they are in our house...... and our house rules don't allow that kind of behavior here......

if we silently tolerate unfriendly invasions to our house our "loved ones" will "move out"..... then it won't be a WOF house anymore.... anti-wof squatters will have taken possession..... we will lose our "family dinners" and every good thing that we enjoy about the company of like-minded WOFers.....

i agree with you that we should always be loving no matter what...... but we don't have to accept invasions of our peace and safety.....

also....the "NEW POST" link on the opening page of CF puts up the latest post from any of the denominations..... many people think they are being linked to an open forum discussion when they activate that link......they truly don't realize that they landed in the WOF house......so they feel quite free to state their non-WOF opinions as anyone would in an open forum......they need to be kindly informed of where they were transported to.....most believers are more than happy to follow rules once they know them.....and lost travellers are grateful for help.......

GOD BLESS you....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jesus always loves me

May 30, 2011
In His Kingdom Blessing
✟15,238.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hi KM Richards,

i agree with everything you are saying..... especially the love and forgiveness part...... except for one point..... the WOF forum site is much like our private home......

it is a place for us as a WOF family to find peace..... comfort..... encouragement...... nourishment...... fun...... help..... rest..... recouperation...... etc.... with an expectation of respect.... safety.... peace......

the WOF forum rules are meant to protect these values...... there is a debate forum for those who really want to do that kind of thing...... but paul told timothy that we SHOULD NOT fight and quarrel...... he said it only harms the listeners.....

so for the peace.... safety.... health.... happiness.... of our WOF house we need to report posts that are debating.... attacking.... flaming.... provoking.... etc.... and also lovingly let them know that they are in our house...... and our house rules don't allow that kind of behavior here......

if we silently tolerate unfriendly invasions to our house our "loved ones" will "move out"..... then it won't be a WOF house anymore.... anti-wof squatters will have taken possession..... we will lose our "family dinners" and every good thing that we enjoy about the company of like-minded WOFers.....

i agree with you that we should always be loving no matter what...... but we don't have to accept invasions of our peace and safety.....

also....the "NEW POST" link on the opening page of CF puts up the latest post from any of the denominations..... many people think they are being linked to an open forum discussion when they activate that link......they truly don't realize that they landed in the WOF house......so they feel quite free to state their non-WOF opinions as anyone would in an open forum......they need to be kindly informed of where they were transported to.....most believers are more than happy to follow rules once they know them.....and lost travellers are grateful for help.......

GOD BLESS you....woff

I have been reading the Word of Faith posts for quite awhile before joining. I didn't want to join until now, but the mods, pdudgeon, wordoffaithfellowship, and ABlessedMan have recently have been consistently and wisely dealing with the anti-Word of Faith attackers in an effective way. I finally felt safe enough to sign up and join. Thank you pdudgeon, wordoffaithfellowship, ABlessedMan, mods. Your wisdom and boldness make this forum so safe and peaceful. You are like armed peacekeepers. You use God's word and wisdom so effectively. You bless me with your Word-wisdom posts and your safe-keeping of our site.

I also wanted to publicly thank Cindy and Andreha for the consistent love, encouragement, inpiration you share. The testimonies you both share and the love you have for God and all people really makes this Word of Faith site a blessing. The Presence of God is so sweet here because of you both and others like you who keep sharing the love of God and the Word of God.

God bless you very special people. You make my experience here a blessing.

Reactions: CindyisHis
Upvote 0

plmarquette

Veteran
Oct 5, 2004
Auburn , IL.
✟4,379.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
It takes 6mo to a year...to figure a few things out...

1. ask an honest question, receive the answer you get, most often it is not what
you wanted

2. in one post, in one encounter you will not convince some one to change what he /she espouses...took years to get smart or out in left field

3. post a little, like talking to a 4-6 year old, if responds, post a little more

4. if you get angry at post, flush it.....not worth posting 5-6 page single spaced rebuttal that no one will read...

5. seek to find agreement not contention [ strife is of the devil not of God ]

6. love people for what they can be, ignore what they presently are

Upvote 0