Lambda-CDM: What good is their so called "research" program?

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
JeanTate said:
Quick update: no proposals for novel tests of "the EU", here or elsewhere.

That's just nonsense and pure denial. I put up a whole website devoted to this topic, including "predictions" of mass separation by various atmospheric elements, spectral aspects, and pure lab tests that have already been conducted on variations of Birkeland's model. SAFIRE took the experimentation process to the next level by introducing better spectral measuring features, and temperature/current probes into the process, but that really has yet to be done for Birkeland's cathode model. These are are all valid experiments that I and many like me would love to perform, but alas the astrologers of the world are searching for mythical forms of matter and energy to the exclusion of empirical physics entirely.

I've been reading up on Birkeland and his experiments; fascinating stuff!
smile.gif

Did you happen to notice that it actually worked in the lab? Care to explain why none of your nonsense ever shows up or works as "predicted" in the lab? What use are your mathematical "guesses", when not a single one of them ever shows up in any lab on Earth, and you just make more of them, like a dime a dozen every week or two?

However, I cannot fathom why today's EU acolytes are so enamored with the terrella experiments he did.

Well, that's because they actually work in the lab, most of us find that exciting. Birkeland's model "predicts" that the heat source of the corona is current flowing from the sun to the heliosphere. It predicts the existence of coronal loops in the solar atmosphere that are driven by point to point surface discharges. It predicts polar jets, cathode ray, aurora and a host of other predictions have since been confirmed by satellite observations.

After all, based on what we know today - about the interplanetary medium/solar wind, corona, etc - the physical conditions (density, temperature, composition, etc) inside his terrellae bear no resemblance to the reality of the inner solar system, do they?

Do they? How about we start with a sphere made of the elements suggested by Dr. Manuel, and we add some helium, hydrogen and neon to the experiment and find out what happens when we flip the switch to turn on the electricity? Maybe some nice spectral analysis equipment, some nifty temperature probes and current flow probes and we could actually do some real measuring and comparing. It sure would be nice to apply what we've learned in terms of spectral solar output and see what we can come up with in real life experiments with 21st century technology.

Alas our empirical lunch is being eaten by supernatural nonsense that never works in the lab.

This is not to fault Birkeland; nothing was known about the IPM (etc) at the time.

Right. We now have a lot more knowledge that we can apply when selecting various elements for use in the experiment. I'd love to begin with a mostly iron and nickel sphere, and put some helium, hydrogen and neon into the chamber and see what happens in terms of spectral outputs.

More: I haven't found anything - anything at all! - by EU enthusiasts or anyone else on attempts to show how plasma scaling relationships can get Birkeland's experiments to within even an order of magnitude (or three) of reality.

Shall I presume you've never read Peratt's book then?

Ditto SAFIRE (more on this later).

Psst! SAFIRE also *worked* in the lab. Notice the difference between stuff that actually shows up in the lab, and mathematical models that bite the dust all the time, and nothing shows up in the lab?

Is it truly just about pretty pictures?

No. It's about physics, physical processes we can simulate and measure, and doing real experiments that actually do something in the lab. It's about upgrading the equipment to 21st century technology and performing real tests with all types of new measuring instruments, and cameras that can observe the processes on various wavelengths. It's about getting real results in the lab so the mainstream isn't mystified by coronal heating, particularly when you can *observe* the process in action in real tests of Birkeland's model.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
jonesdave116 said:
Certainly not! It's also about ego. They get more recognition within the (admittedly small) EU community, than they would ever get in the real world of science.

Ego has nothing to do with anything. None of us are trying to take credit for Birkeland's work, or Alfven's work, or Peratt's work or Tesla's work. We're all just interested in empirical physics, and bored as hades watching Lambda-CDM fail every "tests" it's put to, particularly when 95 percent of it is simply placeholder terms for pure human ignorance.

Having a bunch of scientifically illiterate followers is better than having none at all.

No. We simply all believe that having something that actually works in the lab is better than finding nothing at all, over and over and over and over and over again.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/07/...wer-than-scientists-had-previously-projected/

For four years and counting we've known that the mainstream model to "explain" coronal loops is hopelessly and pitifully broken. The mainstream's model was off by two entire orders of magnitude in terms of solar convection speeds, the supposed "source" of powerful magnetic fields in the solar atmosphere.

Birkeland's model was never dependent upon solar convection to drive and sustain the coronal loop process. It's powered entirely by electrical current flow from point to point surface discharges, and simply directed by the internal "electromagnetic" fields that could be deep in the core.

The mainstream really doesn't care about in situ measurements and whether they jive with their "predictions". They don't really care one iota how many failures they have in terms of exotic matter claims in the lab, and they simply shun empirical physics entirely.

The worst part is that they misrepresent history, and make erroneous claims like "Hubble demonstrated expansion" when Hubble actually *rejected* that supernatural interpretation of photon redshift.

Upvote 0

comingfrom

Jan 28, 2016
Outback NSW, Australia
✟7,615.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jean Tate likes to imply EU people don't like tests and experimental evidence.
Jean Tate has been reading about Birkeland's experiments, and can't fathom why EU people like his experiments so much.
Apparently, Jean can't see his own hypocrisy. Nor his own dislike for certain experimental evidence.

Looks like they are not going to take up your offer to discuss at an unbiased forum.
~Paul

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Jean Tate likes to imply EU people don't like tests and experimental evidence.
Jean Tate has been reading about Birkeland's experiments, and can't fathom why EU people like his experiments so much.
Apparently, Jean can't see his own hypocrisy. Nor his own dislike for certain experimental evidence.

Looks like they are not going to take up your offer to discuss at an unbiased forum.
~Paul

We all know that they cannot handle a fair online debate on a neutral forum, particularly and especially on *this* topic. Their dark matter claims have been a disaster in the lab, and most of Lambda-CDM defies empirical testing in controlled experimentation.

For example, one EU zealot has been pushing Ari Brynjolfsson’s Plasma Redshift for several years, and even took part in a discussion on it, right here in ISF (see, for example, this post by ben m). In another, the alternative depends on there being a (classical) aether, with no apparent recognition that Earthly 'in the lab' experiments have ruled out this (e.g. MMX). And a third produces an easily checked prediction on the extent of 'blurring' of images of distant objects (almost any extra-galactic image from the Hubble is inconsistent with this plasma redshift mechanism).

But hey, consistency is clearly not important for "the EU"; all that matters is that someone, somewhere, has published a 'tired light' idea, preferably one which has the word 'plasma' in it ...

http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/0004-637X/781/2/96/meta

Not only have EU/PC and static universe/tired light/inelastic scattering theories "passed consistency checks", they are actually lab testable and lab reproducible in terms of *actual* photon redshift. How ironic and how scary for them. The "blurring" argument is so old and dead, it's petrified now. I defy them to produce "non blurry" images at z~10 distances.

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟176,930.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I'm also getting sick and tired of the garbage Michael is propagating in this thread.
It seems 'comingfrom' also likes to propagate misinformation:
In regards to a neutral place to discuss.

The Thunderbolts forum was set up to discuss EU theory.
There are plenty of EU skeptics coming to the Thunderbolts forum, questioning and challenging the EU theory, I noticed.
This is in fact what the forum is for.
I'm sorry, but which is it:

a) "The Thunderbolts forum was set up to discuss EU theory" or is it:
b) for "questioning and challenging the EU theory".

The two are mutually exclusive at TBolts.

comingfrom said:
I only ever saw one person get banned, and that was for bad behavior, not for challenging ideas.
Well you overlook the most notable banning in recent past years!

The notable mainstream defendant, known on the web as "Nereid", (now retired), was perma-banned for daring to "question and challenge" the story being made up by Talbott and Smith. Talbott and Smith threw tantrums because they were unable to produce an impartial moderator for what they called 'a formal debate' between Talbott and Nereid. They permanently banned Nereid as their 'solution' to the dilemma.

comingfrom said:
If people keep condemning, by name calling and by continual repeating of false and unproductive statements (like, "EU is pseudoscience"), then a moderator finally steps in, and blocks the troll.
So "unproductive statements" are, seemingly by your own definition, ones which also dare to "question and challenge" the EU process (which automatically exclude 'EU theories' from being regarded as mainstream science).

comingfrom said:
Crikey, the disagreements and arguments going on over there are many and varied. It's the good thing about it.
Science is about challenging, and debating, and arguing, but in a friendly and polite manner.
No .. real science is defined by its operational process which results in the production of objective evidence. EU doesn't follow any such process .. it is therefore definitely not science and is exactly as stated by those declaring it as 'pseudoscience' (at best), or 'anti-science' (more typically).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Thank you.. You're my favorite person for today.. I had to look that up to see what it is and I learned something new today.

Yawn. The personal attacks are pretty much the debate tactic of last resort since none of you can pick out any mathematical flaws in any of Alfven's work, or any general paper that supports the EU/PC concept.

None of you will find a mathematical flaw in this work, yet you'll all handwave it away and pretend that there is no mathematical support for the EU/PC or static universe concepts. It's a pity that you folks remain blind by choice, but just watch and see how you all run from that aforementioned paper, or from finding any mathematical flaw in Alfven's lifelong body of work.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
I'm also getting sick and tired of the garbage Michael is propagating in this thread.
It seems 'comingfrom' also likes to propagate misinformation:
I'm sorry, but which is it:

a) "The Thunderbolts forum was set up to discuss EU theory" or is it:
b) for "questioning and challenging the EU theory".

The two are mutually exclusive at TBolts.

That is exactly why I setup this thread here in fact. I assumed that a few EU/PC haters have managed to get themselves banned from Thunderbolts. I've yet to see anyone banned here at CRUS however for dissing on any particular cosmology theory, so I'd trust the "moderators" on such topics implicitly.

Well you overlook the most notable banning in recent past years!

The notable mainstream defendant, known on the web as "Nereid", (now retired), was perma-banned for daring to "question and challenge" the story being made up by Talbott and Smith. Talbott and Smith threw tantrums because they were unable to produce an impartial moderator for what they called 'a formal debate' between Talbott and Nereid. They permanently banned Nereid as their 'solution' to the dilemma.

Bring Nereid to this thread then. I'm almost certain she'll never be banned here based upon her cosmology beliefs. CRUS is the most neutral board on the internet as it relates to EU/PC vs. Lambda-CDM arguments.

So "unproductive statements" are, seemingly by your own definition, ones which also dare to "question and challenge" the EU process (which automatically exclude 'EU theories' from being regarded as mainstream science).

No .. real science is defined by its operational process which results in the production of objective evidence. EU doesn't follow any such process .. it is therefore definitely not science and is exactly as stated by those declaring it as 'pseudoscience' (at best), or 'anti-science' (more typically).

That ignorant statement might actually not sound so laughable *except* for the fact that the core tenets of EU/PC theory actually work in the lab:

But go right ahead now and prove to us all that static universe concepts and EU/PC oriented ideas cannot and do not mathematically explain the same basic set of redshift observations by pointing out the exact flaw in this paper which we both know that you will run from:

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟176,930.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Michael said:
Bring Nereid to this thread then. I'm almost certain she'll never be banned here based upon her cosmology beliefs. CRUS is the most neutral board on the internet as it relates to EU/PC vs. Lambda-CDM arguments.
Nereid announced her retirement at Cosmoquest a couple of years ago.
Hasn't been seen nor heard from, under that name, since.
Michael said:
That ignorant statement might actually not sound so laughable *except* for the fact that the core tenets of EU/PC theory actually work in the lab:
What operational process, distinguishing science, says that science must be strictly limited to a lab? That idea is the dumbest tenet for building any Astrophysical or Cosmological theory, that could be possibly thought of.

Dogged adherance to it, goes further in clarifying the ideological basis of the pseudoscience ensuing from it.

Michael said:
But go right ahead now and prove to us all that static universe concepts and EU/PC oriented ideas cannot and do not mathematically explain the same basic set of redshift observations by pointing out the exact flaw in this paper which we both know that you will run from:

Later ... (if I can be bothered).

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Nereid announced her retirement at Cosmoquest a couple of years ago.
Hasn't been seen nor heard from, under that name, since.

I think she may have shown up at Thunderbolts recently under her real name to do a hit piece on the EU/PC community.

What operational process, distinguishing science, says that science must be strictly limited to a lab? That idea is the dumbest tenet for building any Astrophysical or Cosmological theory, that could be possibly thought of.

It's only "dumb" by your 95 percent supernatural solution standards. By any empirical standard, it's the obvious first choice. Just because you haven't thought of a way to do without your menagerie of supernatural invisible sidekicks, doesn't mean that nobody has ever thought of a mathematical way to do without them as that paper will demonstrate.

Dogged adherance to it, goes further in clarifying the ideological basis of the pseudoscience ensuing from it.

It's funny how all your "dark matter" experiments failed to produce anything tangible in the lab, and you call that "science". On the other hand Birkeland's solar model *works* in the lab, it *predicted* a heat source for the corona (current), and *predicted* coronal loops which he discussed, and *predicted* both kinds of charged particles coming from the sun, and *predicted* aurora, all of it *empirically*. Somehow you think that is "pseudoscience"? Go figure.

Later ... (if I can be bothered).

Of course you can't be bothered because it blows your claim away and therefore you can't handle it, and you won't deal with it. Same deal with all of Alfven's published papers. No one has ever found a mathematical flaw in any of his many published papers on this topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟176,930.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
So why are you here, and not there?
I reckon there's a bit more to it than the fact he's been booted off every other forum on the web and has nowhere else to go.
Michael's style relies on creating the image of 'being a nice guy', whilst distorting science, and how it works.
If I had deep religious beliefs, I think I'd have to almost abandon the basis underpinning them, in order to call him out on his nonsense.
(This doesn't mean that others would experience the same difficulty ... And for the record, I respect others' religious beliefs .. I've never had any problems with doing that. There are many very skilled, respected, and very religious scientists throughout history, too).

Reactions: Davian
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
I reckon there's a bit more to it than the fact he's been booted off every other forum on the web and has nowhere else to go.

For the record I've posted on this forum since before I ever heard about or talked about electric universe theory. I just like this particular place, and I can discuss a full range of issues, not *just* pure empirical physics. The freedom in terms of scientific topics is simply second to none that I've seen on the internet. I think the only competing message board in science was the livescience forum before they shut it down.

Michael's style relies on creating the image of 'being a nice guy',

I am a reasonably nice person, particularly in person, when people aren't hiding behind fictitious handles, and illusions of anonymity.

whilst distorting science, and how it works.

Er, no. I'm perfectly fine with how "science" in general works. You don't hear me complaining about particle physics, or circuit theory, or modern medicine, or "science" as a whole. The only thing I routinely complain about is *one specific* hypothesis called Lambda-CDM, and typically just that one hypothesis. I poke fun at string theory of course, but who doesn't? :)

You're just miffed because you're emotionally attached to one specific cosmology theory, and you don't seem to really understand the viable alternatives. In fact you seem to be quite ignorant of EU/PC theory and the mathematical models that support it. Have you ever even read Birkeland's work for yourself? Alfven book Cosmic Plasma? Those would be akin to the old and new testaments of EU/PC theory. Can you find any mathematical errors in their work?

If I had deep religious beliefs, I think I'd have to almost abandon the basis underpinning them, in order to call him out on his nonsense.

I'm not even sure what that means, but "ok". :)

(This doesn't mean that others would experience the same difficulty ... And for the record, I respect others' religious beliefs .. I've never had any problems with doing that. There are many very skilled, respected, and very religious scientists throughout history, too).

I kinda doubt that you really know a lot about my overall religious beliefs, certainly less than you seem to know about the mathematics that supports EU/PC theory.

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟176,930.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
.. Er, no. I'm perfectly fine with how "science" in general works. You don't hear me complaining about particle physics, or circuit theory, or modern medicine, or "science" as a whole. The only thing I routinely complain about is *one specific* hypothesis called Lambda-CDM, and typically just that one hypothesis.
Oh yeah?
Let me quote a gem from 'ben m' at IS, (from a recent response to Lerner .. post#169):
ben m said:
Lerner said:
In no other field of physics would the introduction of three hypothetical entities, each unconfirmed by experimental evidence, be allowed to save a theory.
  • First of all: this is epistemologically nonsense. To begin with, it is how physics works. Nature is out there using some complete set (call it Z) of laws of physics. A priori, we don't know what Z is. We construct hypotheses of the form "if the laws were X, the data would be Y". If X does not predict Y, then X != Z and we have to say "we don't know the laws of Nature Z" and we are supposed to keep guessing. All such guesses are extensions of X beyond what you guessed first.

Eric thinks that he knows Z already: the actual laws of Nature have to be (he thinks) the ones observed directly in pre-2016 labs. He thinks astronomers are only allowed to rearrange the "known" ingredients into different sorts of clouds and clusters and streams. This is bizarre. Every physicist since Fermi and Rabi has known that Nature might have huge catalogues of new particles up her sleeve, and that some such particles might be hard or impossible to detect. Everyone except you! You seem to have some inside information telling you that protons, electrons, photons, and neutrinos are the whole story. What information is that?
  • Secondly: Eric remains (as of 2003 anyway) confused about whether dark matter and dark energy are overconstrained or not. He thinks we threw four crazy ideas into a Cosmic Microwave Background fit, saw a good chi^2, and started collecting Nobel prizes based on unusually little confirmation. Nonsense. It's terrifically overconstrained. Multiple independent cosmology observables provide cross-predictions for each other. I have said this five times and Eric seems deaf to it.
Thirdly: In this thread, Eric seems willing look at one isolated cosmological data fit and invent new physics to make sense of it---even at the cost of that "new physics" being apparently Lorentz-violating nonlocal craziness in which otherwise-indistinguishable photons need to remember how far they've traveled so far in order to decide how much they need to stretch in wavelength. (Presumably he holds out some hope that this will turn out to be a plasma-physics phenomenon. I don't know why he expects anyone else to hold out such a hope.)
So .. now let's just put to the test your statement: "Er, no. I'm perfectly fine with how "science" in general works", given that I agree with ben m's above summation of the Lerner delusion, in his context of 'how science in general works'.

(This'll be a classic Michael response .. I'm sure)

Michael said:
You're just miffed because you're emotionally attached to one specific cosmology theory, and you don't seem to really understand the viable alternatives. In fact you seem to be quite ignorant of EU/PC theory and the mathematical models that support it. Have you ever even read Birkeland's work for yourself? Alfven book Cosmic Plasma? Those would be akin to the old and new testaments of EU/PC theory. Can you find any mathematical errors in their work?
I kinda doubt that you really know a lot about my overall religious beliefs, certainly less than you seem to know about the mathematics that supports EU/PC theory.
Nah .. I'm not going to be drawn into your little fantasy about mainstreamers criticising "an absence of mathematical models supporting" what has never been clearly articulated and objectively documented in the first place .. (Ie the so-called: 'EU/PC theory').

The issue is not about mathematical errors in something like Alfven's work ... the issue is about how work like his, has been cherry-picked and jammed into some Thunderbolted delusion which is the real 'EU/PC 'theory'!

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Oh yeah?
Let me quote a gem from 'ben m' at IS, (from a recent response to Lerner .. post#169):
ben m said:
Lerner said:
In no other field of physics would the introduction of three hypothetical entities, each unconfirmed by experimental evidence, be allowed to save a theory.
  • First of all: this is epistemologically nonsense. To begin with, it is how physics works. Nature is out there using some complete set (call it Z) of laws of physics. A priori, we don't know what Z is. We construct hypotheses of the form "if the laws were X, the data would be Y". If X does not predict Y, then X != Z and we have to say "we don't know the laws of Nature Z" and we are supposed to keep guessing. All such guesses are extensions of X beyond what you guessed first.

Eric thinks that he knows Z already: the actual laws of Nature have to be (he thinks) the ones observed directly in pre-2016 labs. He thinks astronomers are only allowed to rearrange the "known" ingredients into different sorts of clouds and clusters and streams. This is bizarre. Every physicist since Fermi and Rabi has known that Nature might have huge catalogues of new particles up her sleeve, and that some such particles might be hard or impossible to detect. Everyone except you! You seem to have some inside information telling you that protons, electrons, photons, and neutrinos are the whole story. What information is that?
  • Secondly: Eric remains (as of 2003 anyway) confused about whether dark matter and dark energy are overconstrained or not. He thinks we threw four crazy ideas into a Cosmic Microwave Background fit, saw a good chi^2, and started collecting Nobel prizes based on unusually little confirmation. Nonsense. It's terrifically overconstrained. Multiple independent cosmology observables provide cross-predictions for each other. I have said this five times and Eric seems deaf to it.
Thirdly: In this thread, Eric seems willing look at one isolated cosmological data fit and invent new physics to make sense of it---even at the cost of that "new physics" being apparently Lorentz-violating nonlocal craziness in which otherwise-indistinguishable photons need to remember how far they've traveled so far in order to decide how much they need to stretch in wavelength. (Presumably he holds out some hope that this will turn out to be a plasma-physics phenomenon. I don't know why he expects anyone else to hold out such a hope.)
So .. now let's just put to the test your statement: "Er, no. I'm perfectly fine with how "science" in general works", given that I agree with ben m's above summation of the Lerner delusion, in his context of 'how science in general works'.

(This'll be a classic Michael response .. I'm sure)

Well, let's see..
First of all: this is epistemologically nonsense. To begin with, it is how physics works.

Let's see if that's actually true, shall we? Let me see you or ben actually demonstrate ben's first claim. Name one other area of physics or science that requires 4 unique and different "hypothetical entities" to work correctly, all of which defy any empirical cause/effect justification in the lab. Name just one other popular scientific theory that needs such a wide range of various fudge factors. Ben seems to believe that scientific theories *routinely* involved multiple hypothetical constructs, so let's see him name a few of them. I seriously doubt he can do that or you can do that.

That's just a ridiculous strawman. Eric and I simply have no empirical evidence to suggest that other exotic long lived particles or exotic energy exists in nature based on all the evidence that has been collected from every test and experiment ever performed on matter. More importantly, we have no need for anything else to exist in order to explain events in space. Period. None of the rest of those comments are relevant or accurate. What information do we have to support the standard model of particle physics asks your hero ben? We have the combined data of 100 years of various particle physics "experiments" for starters! Ben has the whole chain of evidence thing *backwards* as it relates to science. What evidence does ben have to support "cold dark matter" after spending *billions* of dollars in the lab looking for such evidence? None! Even his 2006 baryonic galaxy mass estimates that were used to justify the lab experiments in the first place have since been shown to be utterly FUBAR.
http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15850

You can also add CresstII results to the growing list of CDM *failures* in the lab.

• Secondly: Eric remains (as of 2003 anyway) confused about whether dark matter and dark energy are overconstrained or not.

Apparently the mainstream is getting worried about that issue too, particularly after all the "constraining" that has gone on over the past few years as it relates to "dark matter":

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/01/160114213454.htm

However, the weaker the dark matter interactions, that is, the less efficient the annihilation, the higher the final abundance of dark matter particles would be. As experiments place ever more stringent constraints on the strength of dark matter interactions, there are some current theories that end up overestimating the quantity of dark matter in the universe. To bring theory into alignment with observations, Davoudiasl and his colleagues suggest that another inflationary period took place, powered by interactions in a "hidden sector" of physics.

Translation: Our own DM experiments broke all our DM mass estimates, so we're inventing a second "virgin birth" of inflation. Who says miracles cannot happen twice in a row? :) Give me a break! The Lambda-CDM model is *over constrained* to the point of absurdity. All those mass estimate problems in their 2006 "dark matter" paper have to simply be *ignored/denied*, only because they are incapable of modifying the percentages without messing up all their claims related to nucleosynthesis. It's like one gigantic house of supernatural cards. If you remove one piece, the whole thing crashes to the ground.

Thirdly: In this thread, Eric seems willing look at one isolated cosmological data fit and invent new physics to make sense of it---

What pure hypocrisy. Astronomers looked at that 2006 lensing study and they instantly decided that their mass estimates were "perfect", so they *invented* a "fix" to their broken mass estimate problems by inventing an entirely new form of matter! Give me a break! They did the same thing with dark energy based on SN1A observations after *assuming* that they l were all the same "standard candles". We have since found out that they are *not* as standard as first advertised, but we're stuck with dark energy anyway. In every case the mainstream took an isolated observation from space and simply "made up" a "new form of physics" to explain it, starting with Guth and his invisible inflation deity. Ben has *absolutely* no right to complain about that issue *at all*!

Nah .. I'm not going to be drawn into your little fantasy about mainstreamers criticising "an absence of mathematical models supporting" what has never been clearly articulated and objectively documented in the first place .. (Ie the so-called: 'EU/PC theory').

Translation: You're between a mathematical rock and a physics hard spot because you can't find any mathematical error in that last paper I handed you, nor can you find any mathematical or physics error in the entire body of Alfven's published works. We both know why you won't deal with the math.

The issue is not about mathematical errors in something like Alfven's work ... the issue is about how work like his, has been cherry-picked and jammed into some Thunderbolted delusion which is the real 'EU/PC 'theory'!

Holy Cow! Edwin Hubble would be rolling over in his grave listening to the mainstream claiming on TV that "Hubble proved the universe is expanding". He personally *rejected* that "subjective interpretation" of the the photon redshift phenomenon. Hubble promoted a static universe concept and a tired light concept.

Einstein would be *utterly horrified* to have you folks stuffing magical "dark energy" into his a "blunder" theory and then trying to ride his GR coattails anyway.

Alfven personally called the mainstream's misuse of his MHD formulas to support "magnetic reconnection" theory a form of pure "pseudoscience". You folks have no right at all to complain about anyone in the EU/PC community latching onto Alfven's work! Talk about irony overload.

There may be different solar models to choose from within the overall umbrella of EU/PC theory, but Alfven's work on the application of circuit theory to plasma in space is universally accepted by all EU/PC proponents, and we typically heed Alfven's advice about the "pseudoscience' of reconnection theory.

The mainstream claim that EU/PC theory isn't mathematically supported is pure nonsense. I handed you a paper from 2014 that demonstrates that tired light and static universe theories explain various observations from space *as well as* anything that the mainstream has put together to date, even *with their four supernatural sidekicks*! A simple application of Occam's razor destroys Lambda-CDM.

Last edited:
Upvote 0