Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ask yourself: Why are BLM website donations being funneled through ActBlue.com?

FYI - that’s why asking why purchases are “funneled through” PayPal. Act Blue is the payment platform used by pretty much every liberal and progressive non-profit and political campaign. My organization uses it for donations to our hardship fund. It’s software.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My eyes have a lot of moisture in them... I feel like I would be more worried about potential vision damage from a ADS? But that's just me. I don't intend to be the target of one.

Household Microwave ovens operate at 600-1500 watts...
This gizmo works at 100.

It's gonna hurt like the devil has you but it won't cause real harm.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Some right wing spokespeople have attributed the forest fires to ANTIFA.
In fact, ANTIFA is right up there with windmills I think as a leading cause of chaos.
Antifa wishes they were as powerful as Q and Trump claim they are. Of course, now I guess the cops are working with Antifa, because they are covering for them and telling everyone to stop spreading lies about them?

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Huh.

I wonder if I could build one?
Well it is possible...but not by canobalizing a household microwave oven.

Gotta remember that just about anything can be made in your garage these days.

If you understand how to make the transmitter and tune it to the proper frequency...
But I'd really recommend that it not be used as a deterrent for your property.

Now I could really see the advantage of this used on vehicles in Mexico to thwart kidnapping and carjacking. Again...but it's use isn't exactly approved for civilian use in America.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Household Microwave ovens operate at 600-1500 watts...
This gizmo works at 100.

It's gonna hurt like the devil has you but it won't cause real harm.
Sure, if you can physically get away. If you’re kettled, yikes.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure, if you can physically get away. If you’re kettled, yikes.
It's non-lethal...

Meaning that if you stand staying under it for a while (15-20 minutes) you could get a second degree burn. Blistering would be the result. Also you would have to be right next to the transmitter too....it's only 100 watts of power with a very short wavelength that can't pierce the skin.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm very much paying attention, actually.

I have no issue with the actual protestors (as the definition would have it). My issue is the with rioters and looters and talks of abolishing/defunding police. Are they BLM or not? Collectively, I'm not able to perform the mental gymnastics to separate the two; but at the individual level, I can see each person for who their actions tell me they are.
Start by trying to address their issues first. See what they see.

Yes, a lot of what they are asking for is reactionary and over the top. But there is a middle ground they can be met on. But asking them to act civil first is not going to gain points with them. Acctually listing out what you hear back at them and listing what you think is reasonable would be a better start.

Part of the problem I see is that many people are not qualifying their statement well and so it comes off like they are condemning all protesters and that the things they are protesting about are not big deals when they are to the protesters. That there is not racism when you look at the numbers it looks like there is. Etc, etc.

Qualify correctly, list what you think you hear, and say what you think is too far is a better start then just condemning them all.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's non-lethal...

Meaning that if you stand staying under it for a while (15-20 minutes) you could get a second degree burn. Blistering would be the result. Also you would have to be right next to the transmitter too....it's only 100 watts of power with a very short wavelength that can't pierce the skin.
Lol, so as long as it’s not lethal no problem? Torture - no problem? If you’d been kettled before you might know why this is so terrifying.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Again...but it's use isn't exactly approved for civilian use in America.

Being a civilian in America, I consider anything that is approved for use AGAINST civilians in America to be approved for use BY civilians in America. But, that's just my take on things ;) So far I've been approved for an astounding number of things.

• Agree
Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The "ray gun" use is going to be problematic at best...
People who are jammed together en masse like at a rock concert it won't be effective and would be a form of retribution that is reserved for the Judicial branch of our Government.

Now if it's used as a final deterrent from approaching a building or statue or used to block access through a doorway then it would be just fine. Lots of warnings they could use before approach and then the suffering is all on the rioters.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not exactly sure of what you mean by the term "kettled" .
Kettling is when the police block off all possible exits for a group of protesters while also telling them to disperse. The police on 6th ave, for instance, will tell you to disperse by heading east towards 5th. Then you get to 5th and there is a wall of cops telling you to go the other way. Then they teargas everyone who has no way to escape, and arrest people for not dispersing.

• Informative
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ask yourself: Why are BLM website donations being funneled through ActBlue.com?

This isn't a civil rights movement, it's a political one!
I don't understand what you mean by this. The civil rights movement in the 60s was political, too. I wouldn't say that ActBlue is only political though.

Someone said ActBlue is like PayPal, that's exactly what it's like. BLM uses its platform as does the Santa Monica Youth Orchestra and thousands of others.

The Republican politicians use WinRed which is set up the same way.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, they will not start acting civilly until their grievances start getting addressed. They are so frustrated that they have taken to the streets to protest. Granted, some of them are so mad that they are looting and vandalizing, and others are using the protests for cover for those activities. But the core of this is the frustration with police brutality and mistreatment of minorities by police.

Some of them are so frustrated that they will keep doing this because once they stop they know they will be ignored again.
Lol.... keep drinking that cool aid!
If you think that's what's really going on, I got some ocean front property for you in Arizona.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Our government considered microwaving its own citizens. Okeydokey. When will this horrible nightmare be over?
You still think this is going to be over. This is adorable.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lol.... keep drinking that cool aid!
If you think that's what's really going on, I got some ocean front property for you in Arizona.
I at least recognize the anger and why it is there for most of the protesters. And there are some things that are reasonable to do. Like social reaction services teams for the mentally disabled that could be sent instead of the cops. Denver has on and hasn't had to call the cops to back them up in over 200 calls.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I at least recognize the anger and why it is there for most of the protesters. And there are some things that are reasonable to do. Like social reaction services teams for the mentally disabled that could be sent instead of the cops. Denver has on and hasn't had to call the cops to back them up in over 200 calls.
The cops deal with thousands of those kind of calls successfully .. It's only when someone gets violent that it's news.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can understand why it would be terrifying if you were a violent rioter.

But I also understand the need for law and order.
And these devices would only be effective in helping to corral these people... anything else and it's just torture .

They used to use water cannons and dogs .

Upvote 0