Kristi Noem demands answers after US Government leaks social security numbers of her and family

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The night before taking the oath of office for her second term, Noem learned that her Social Security number and those of her immediate family were leaked by the Jan. 6 committee.

Among the hundreds of records posted online by the committee laying out the timeline of the events leading up to the storming of the Capitol was "a spreadsheet with nearly 2,000 Social Security numbers associated with visitors to the White House in December 2020." The list included several high-profile Republicans.

The Democrats allowed the law to be broken and Supreme Court justices and their children to be put in danger. They allowed innocent conservatives to be handcuffed and chained and in some cases unjustly imprisoned. President Trump's taxes were released, the taxes of American citizens are supposed to be private. This was done because Trump is Joe's political opponent. Third world dictatorships treat their political opponents in such a manner. This social security number release should really not be a surprise. This is how it was in Germany, they first took over the press and eliminated free speech, then the rights of the Jews were completely taken away, not enough people stood up, and then more and more people were put under Nazi control. If this continues be aware that eventually only a small elite class will rule and the Democrat constituencies the hard left panders to today will be find themselves oppressed, only a small number of elite will rule.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
President Trump's taxes were released, the taxes of American citizens are supposed to be private. This was done because Trump is Joe's political opponent.
Did you miss the whole six-year battle through the courts for this to have happen?
Joe hadn’t even stocked up his basement supplies when this case started.

Not everything is about partisan politics.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The night before taking the oath of office for her second term, Noem learned that her Social Security number and those of her immediate family were leaked by the Jan. 6 committee.

Among the hundreds of records posted online by the committee laying out the timeline of the events leading up to the storming of the Capitol was "a spreadsheet with nearly 2,000 Social Security numbers associated with visitors to the White House in December 2020." The list included several high-profile Republicans.

The Democrats allowed the law to be broken and Supreme Court justices and their children to be put in danger. They allowed innocent conservatives to be handcuffed and chained and in some cases unjustly imprisoned. President Trump's taxes were released, the taxes of American citizens are supposed to be private. This was done because Trump is Joe's political opponent. Third world dictatorships treat their political opponents in such a manner. This social security number release should really not be a surprise. This is how it was in Germany, they first took over the press and eliminated free speech, then the rights of the Jews were completely taken away, not enough people stood up, and then more and more people were put under Nazi control. If this continues be aware that eventually only a small elite class will rule and the Democrat constituencies the hard left panders to today will be find themselves oppressed, only a small number of elite will rule.
It's getting to be extremely dangerous to be on the "wrong" side of the political spectrum.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,038.00
Faith
Atheist
Very next paragraph in the article in the OP:

Among the hundreds of records posted online by the committee laying out the timeline of the events leading up to the storming of the Capitol was "a spreadsheet with nearly 2,000 Social Security numbers associated with visitors to the White House in December 2020." The list included several high-profile Republicans.​

Noem wasn't targeted. She was simply among the victims of a stupid mistake. Until one demonstrates intention, there is no "leak"; just a mistake.

The two defense contractors for whom I worked (and by extension the Gov't) , we'd call this spillage. If I give documents to our enemies, I've leaked and could face disciplinary charges. If I carelessly handle a document and our enemies acquire it, it's spillage. I could face disciplinary action, but it is unlikely I'd face criminal charges.

Intent matters.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Very next paragraph in the article in the OP:

Among the hundreds of records posted online by the committee laying out the timeline of the events leading up to the storming of the Capitol was "a spreadsheet with nearly 2,000 Social Security numbers associated with visitors to the White House in December 2020." The list included several high-profile Republicans.​

Noem wasn't targeted. She was simply among the victims of a stupid mistake. Until one demonstrates intention, there is no "leak"; just a mistake.

The two defense contractors for whom I worked (and by extension the Gov't) , we'd call this spillage. If I give documents to our enemies, I've leaked and could face disciplinary charges. If I carelessly handle a document and our enemies acquire it, it's spillage. I could face disciplinary action, but it is unlikely I'd face criminal charges.

Intent matters.
The message is clear--oppose the current leftist Biden regime and you will pay. You will be treated differently than those who play ball with Joe.
This goes for non-violent people at the Capitol, attorneys who dare defend Trump or conservatives, and even those who visited the Trump White House. We have seen the rules are different for those who order mandates and their subjects.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,038.00
Faith
Atheist
The message is clear--oppose the current leftist Biden regime and you will pay. You will be treated differently than those who play ball with Joe.
This goes for non-violent people at the Capitol, attorneys who dare defend Trump or conservatives, and even those who visited the Trump White House. We have seen the rules are different for those who order mandates and their subjects.
Do you have any evidence that this was done intentionally? No? Didn't think so.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Do you have any evidence that this was done intentionally? No? Didn't think so.
The report just came out, as you know, and there has been intentional malfeasance from this select committee in the past.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The report just came out, as you know, and there has been intentional malfeasance from this select committee in the past.
The “Separation of Powers” doctrine (that all three Branches of our Government operate under) would preclude “Joe” from disseminating anything that the Jan 6th committee had gathered as evidence.

Unless you have a paper-trail showing JRB’s insistence that this info got leaked, it’s idle speculation and rank hyper-partisanship.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nope. Privacy Act doesn't apply to Congress.
I am not an attorney. Here's a quotation from a linked article for you:

“Governor Noem and her family are now at a very high risk of identity theft and being personally compromised due to the failure to redact the social security numbers and making the same available to the public,” attorney James E. Moore wrote. “Because the information was published online, anyone could have accessed their social security numbers and saved, disseminated, or sold the information.”

The publishing of Social Security numbers, Moore noted, is a violation of the Privacy Act of 1974.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,459.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I am not an attorney. Here's a quotation from a linked article for you:

“Governor Noem and her family are now at a very high risk of identity theft and being personally compromised due to the failure to redact the social security numbers and making the same available to the public,” attorney James E. Moore wrote. “Because the information was published online, anyone could have accessed their social security numbers and saved, disseminated, or sold the information.”

The publishing of Social Security numbers, Moore noted, is a violation of the Privacy Act of 1974.

Also not a lawyer, but from what I can tell online, the Privacy Act only applies to the Executive Branch.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Also not a lawyer, but from what I can tell online, the Privacy Act only applies to the Executive Branch.
You could be right. The House really has a lot of work to do, find out why the SSNs were leaked, Hunter's business transactions with China and other countires when Joe was Vice president are high on the list as a potential compromise of national security, why Nancy Pelosi did not want the 20,000 troops offered by Trump and what the orders were at the Capitol, exactly who worked with social media to ban information from the public, and the failure of the Biden administration to enforce the border laws.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
You could be right. The House really has a lot of work to do, find out why the SSNs were leaked, Hunter's business transactions with China and other countires when Joe was Vice president are high on the list as a potential compromise of national security, why Nancy Pelosi did not want the 20,000 troops offered by Trump and what the orders were at the Capitol, exactly who worked with social media to ban information from the public, and the failure of the Biden administration to enforce the border laws.
Can I suggest maybe you review the claims you make before presenting them. Such as this claim put to bed many times, "There is no record of Trump formally authorizing 20,000 National Guard troops prior to the Jan. 6 attack. There is also no record of Pelosi rejecting such an authorization — and experts said she would not have had the authority to do so as House speaker." Just because Trump, who has a proclivity to make things up says it, doesn't mean it true. Not only that, the claim Hunter is a national security risk is also nonsensical.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Can I suggest maybe you review the claims you make before presenting them. Such as this claim put to bed many times, "There is no record of Trump formally authorizing 20,000 National Guard troops prior to the Jan. 6 attack. There is also no record of Pelosi rejecting such an authorization — and experts said she would not have had the authority to do so as House speaker." Just because Trump, who has a proclivity to make things up says it, doesn't mean it true. Not only that, the claim Hunter is a national security risk is also nonsensical.
President Trump OFFERED up to to 20,000 National Guard troops, President Trump did not have the authority to send the troops in. To be fair, Nancy Pelosi was not required to take the president's offer or advice. Nancy Pelosi has not testified as to why she did not want them, she needs to be put under oath and questioned. She made sure to ban any potential members of the select committee who might ask that question of her. I understand people who were there at the time of President Trump's offer gave testimony to the committee, I hope their testimony has not been destroyed. As to Hunter Biden we know Joe lied about not knowing anything about Hunter's business, and we know Hunter received millions of dollars from the Chinese and he recorded on his own laptop that he was paying for Joe's expenses. I understand Joe failed to report such payments on his tax returns. National security compromises are hardly "nonsensical."

Upvote 0