Übermensch
Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
✟4,264.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I don't see how such happiness could be considered pure. I think it be best as described as synthetic happiness.

Such synthetic happiness, could be cut short by you dying because of some fatal uncontrollable disease that everyone would fall prey to because there is really no knowledge on how to stop it.

Having total knowledge, you'd be able to do anything, an in the end, achieve true/pure happiness (even if it is via synthetic methods).

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Depends how one defines happiness. I find it akin to contentment so I would think that such a person would be quite satisfied.

That is close to what I personally think.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I disagree. What if you know what to do but don't have the money, equipment or ability to carry out what you want to do? One might know how to build an anti-gravity device and shield (for flight) but it would alot cost lots and take years. If you have absolute power you can do it straight away. To be honest mind control would be the power I would be looking for though and I don't even know if that is practically and physically possible.

I guess it depends how long you are willing to wait and the longer you wait the more you risk dying along the way. Or maybe I am thinking too seriously about an opportunity I will never have. :p

If you had total knowledge, you'd also know how to acquire the wealth, equipment and ability to do whatever you wanted.

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Wasn't it the promise of Total Knowledge that caused the Fall in the first place?

Think about it.

No, the fall occurs every year at the end of summer. Knowledge has nothing to do with that, it's just simply a natural occurrence. :)

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yes it was. It was the believing of a lie that caused this knowledge to appear worth openly rebelling against the Giver of said knowledge.

It is the first instance of idol worship committed by humans.

Wait, you actually believe the literal story of the Garden of Eden?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Wasn't it the promise of Total Knowledge that caused the Fall in the first place?

Think about it.
All I'm seeing here is ignorance is bliss because it is too dangerous to delve into mystery to receive understanding.

God might be upset.

Upvote 0