Not open for further replies.

rwc109

Feb 18, 2002
meditation moving mighty mountains - more moonston
✟1,275.00
Faith
Marital Status
Engaged
The Hebrew OT word 'Melchizedek' is rendered 'Melchisedec' in the Greek NT, both mean simply 'King of Peace'.

We do not hear much about this [understandably!] in christian churches, but this is the only ORDER of the new covenant priesthood in the bible... Jesus Christ is its immortal high priest and King of its kings to be made at his return... BUT who was Melchizedec? .. the bible makes it clear that this being has no beginning or end of days, so this limits the choice to one, God Himself [for all other beings are either God or created by the Word of God (NOT by the bible! for that is NOT the Word of God despite that some have said so!)

Thus we have in a sense another face of god, another aspect of His being, and if I read the churches' views on this correctly, Melchizedec 'qualifies' as a 'person' of God, so that we can at last get rid of limiting the facets of God to just three as in the relatively modern dogmatic misapprehension called 'trinity'.

SonWorshipper

Old Timer
Jan 15, 2002
✟10,769.00
Faith
Messianic
Melchizedek = My King is Righteousness, is the pre- incarnant Yeshua. Some Jews believe it to be Shem , but no one else can be considered to be the King of peace and righteousness.

Unfortuantly because of this tradition of Shem many did not see the Messiah portrayed here, even when reading Isaiah 9:6.

Upvote 0

lared

May 27, 2002
Visit site
✟1,291.00
Worshipers of the trinity are part of this world and thus get embroiled in its politics, nationalism, and warfare. Thus they do not reflect well on their mysterious three in one king of peace.

On the other hand, true Christians, who follow in the foot steps of their Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ and worship only the Father as he did.......they are a peaceful globally united people who are no part of this world and they are not found in any of the nations' armies.

Upvote 0

rwc109

Feb 18, 2002
meditation moving mighty mountains - more moonston
✟1,275.00
Faith
Marital Status
Engaged
Whilst I have every sympathy with this view , is there any prrof that Melchizedek is not just the immortal priest of god who administered mercy even before Jesus Christ manifested as a man

It makes agreta deal of sense that you are right [and little meaning I can attach of any significance if you arewrong] BUT I cannot prove what you claim from scripture [as in "prove all things"], Can you?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.