King James Version

My view of the King James Version Bible is best described as...

• It is the inspired word of God and supercedes all other versions

• It is an authoritative English translation, and study of earlier versions will not provide a more ac

• It is a good translation, but earlier versions can be used to gain a more accurate understanding of

• It is a flawed translation since it does not include other canonical works that were present in the

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that the reason for this thread is because we as so called Christians are trying to explain are sin's away, If you look at

Fornication Unmarried people who have sexual intercourse or who cohabitate (live together as sexual partners) commit fornication. In the few jurisdictions that retain this as a crime, it is generally unenforced or prosecution is rare.

Adultery Any married person who cohabits or has sexual intercourse with another person who is not his or her spouse has committed adultery, which is a crime in some but not all jurisdictions. A single act of adultery is not commonly punished. However, people who repeatedly commit adultery or publicize the fact may be prosecuted. Adultery means different things in different jurisdictions. In some, if only one of the two parties is married, the married person alone is guilty. In others, both parties are guilty even though only one party is married.

THE HOLY BIBLE KING JAMES VERSION

31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: 32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

THE NEW REVISED STANDARD VERSION OF THE BIBLE

31“It was also said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I say to you that anyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of unchastity, causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

THE HOLY BIBLE AMERICAN STANDARD VERSION

31 It was said also, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: 32 but I say unto you, that every one that putteth away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, maketh her an adulteress: and whosoever shall marry her when she is put away committeth adultery.

Holy Bible, New Living Translation

“You have heard that the law of Moses says, ‘A man can divorce his wife by merely giving her a letter of divorce.’ 32But I say that a man who divorces his wife, unless she has been unfaithful, causes her to commit adultery. And anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery
THE HOLY BIBLE
NEW KING JAMES VERSION
31“Furthermore it has been said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.

THE HOLY BIBLE
INTERNATIONAL STANDARD VERSION®

31“It was also said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife must give her a written notice of divorce.’ 32But I say to you, any man who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, causes her to commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.”

The important word is fornication this is where is starts if we can change the meaning of this word then we can give grounds for the acceptdents of remarried the church or out side of the church

THE HOLY BIBLE KING JAMES VERSION

The Holy Bible King james Version uses the fornication,,God is not dum ,He knows what he is talking about

THE NEW REVISED STANDARD VERSION OF THE BIBLE

The New Revised Standard Version uses unchastity

Sexuality, Unchastity and Fertility: Economy of Production and Reproduction in Colonial Haryana
Prem Chowdhry
A fear of female sexuality and therefore, the need to control it have been felt in many societies and civilizations. This control has assumed different forms in different societies. In colonial Haryana, the custom of widow remarriage emerged as one of the most effective and socially valid forms of this control. The custom did not merely control the limited inheritance rights of the widow, an aspect which we have investigated extensively elsewhere, [1] it also controlled her sexuality, fertility and labour. In this chapter, the question of inheritance is explored in relation to these other aspects. This refocusing affords a wider dimension to the analysis by shifting the spotlight from the landowning class/caste to hitherto unexplored but significantly crucial aspects of the peasant economy which were being manipulated and controlled through the use of customs and 'traditions'. Not only were these traditions being constantly shaped, challenged and reshaped by patriarchy to fit the particular needs of a community, but in the given limited colonial space they were also open to negotiation by the widows themselves. Consequently, widow remarriage emerges as a complex custom, which shows contradictory facets in operation. On the other hand, it severely restricted a widow's right as to whom she could marry by enforcing upon her a levirate alliance and, on the other, it showed a rare flexible liberal sexual attitude which was willing to accommodate even her unchastity in it fold.

Are we talking about Controling sex!

THE HOLY BIBLE AMERICAN STANDARD VERSION

The american Standard version uses the fornication fornication ,,Shows up twice

HOLY BIBLE, NEW LIVING TRANSLATION

The Holy Bible , New living Translation uses unfaithful what is this, It could mean anything

THE HOLY BIBLE NEW KING JAMES VERSION

The New king James Version uses sexual immorality what is this, It could mean anything before or after remarried

THE HOLY BIBLE INTERNATIONAL STANDARD VERSION

The International Standard Version uses sexual immorality,, what is this, It could mean anything before or after remarried

See This is why we need not to explane the Bible but let the Bible explane to us what we need to do and the will of god

GreenEyedLady looked for the Truth and found it , I read some where that if you look for the truth you will find it and that the truth will set you free , let;s Coverings up are sin's by explaining the Bible away

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.