Northwest US
✟675,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This may come as a shock to some (Since we judge others motivations by our own.) but some people truly are kind. They really hope the best for others and try to make others feel good about themselves. It's not a manipulation or a ploy, there is a mindset you can achieve where your kindness is heartfelt.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Also, let's face it.. kindness can often feel awkward. Even when the other person truly has genuine intentions.

People don't always shy away from kindness for malevolent reasons.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I relish the opportunity to show kindness to those who don't necessarily deserve it. For one, it is a challenge for me. And I am supposed to show love for everyone regardless of their behavior. Another reason I relish being kind is to set an example for the person who's unkind. Some people are mean as a defense mechanism to keep others at a distance. Showing them kindness even when they are trying to drive me away demonstrates to them that they too can make the choice to be nice without fear. If they see me act nice to them after they are mean or rude it shows them I know kindness is a choice, and one they can also choose. I won't pretend this is easy, but I get too bored if things are always easy. I seem to seek out challenges nobody else does.

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This may come as a shock to some (Since we judge others motivations by our own.) but some people truly are kind. They really hope the best for others and try to make others feel good about themselves. It's not a manipulation or a ploy, there is a mindset you can achieve where your kindness is heartfelt.

I agree... I meet genuinely kind people all the time, I even enjoy being kind myself from time to time. I didn't mean my previous post to be so cynical. Just realistic. Even when people are not being heartfelt with their kindness, I don't think they're doing it for manipulative reasons. They just want to keep the peace and are often just going through the motions.

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I sometimes need motivation or reminders to spread kindness and positivity. I found this handy list this morning. Y'all have a great day now.

Upvote 0

Godsunworthyservant

Dec 10, 2023
WV
✟2,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Lately I have been noticing this phenomenon. If I wake up and decide to have a positive outlook on life my day is happy and productive. If I am kind and polite to people they seem to reciprocate. The more I try to love others the better results I see in my own life. I truly wish more folks would give kindness a chance to shine and spread happiness to others. Unfortunately it appears many people are not capable of choosing kindness. Or happiness.

I am learning to accentuate the positives and stop dwelling on the pessimistic aspects of my mortal shortcomings. Society seems to benefit when we stress the positives in life and stop wallowing in our mire of negativity.

A young lady recently paid for my merchandise at the store when I noticed I had forgotten the items while walking out the door. She insisted I let her take care of it so I wouldn't have to stand in line at checkout again. It compelled me to pay the act of kindness forward to someone else. I was inspired. It feels good for both the giver and the given.

Anyone else ever notice this return on investment for being kind to others? Do you agree with the premise of the article, that kindness can be contagious?

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Wow, that was surprisingly good. I enjoyed the lead female voice as it was reminiscent of Olivia Newton John. And some of the harmonies reminded me of Abba back in their prime. Really strong performance. I have heard that song before and I appreciate you sharing the Collinsworth family performance.

Upvote 0