Los Angeles Area
✟830,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
A Kentucky judge has revealed in court a man is accused of threatening to blow up a Planned Parenthood location.

Gray affiliate FOX19 reports Daniel Kibler was arrested and charged with possession of a destructive device or booby trap device, terroristic threatening and eight counts of wanton endangerment following a search of his home in Independence.

Authorities say they learned Kibler was threatening to blow up the reproductive health care organization's Cincinnati location. People who knew Kibler reported the threat to law enforcement.

Bonus, the guy's photo will get into the dictionary to illustrate "American Taliban".

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I think it matters whenever someone gets to the point of thinking that blowing up a building because it houses something they disagree with is the way to go. That kind of thing is how civil wars get started. One incident here, one incident there, and before anyone can step back and say "Hey, this is getting crazy; let's stop", you've got neighborhoods fighting neighborhoods, taking and losing territory, etc.

I don't like the idea of any part of America or any other modern nation turning into Beirut circa 1982.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I learned from many leftists when Notre Dame was on fire that a building is just a building and it doesn't really matter.

That didn't seem to be the sentiment among the leftists here on the forums.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
I learned from many leftists when Notre Dame was on fire that a building is just a building and it doesn't really matter. So as long as he blew it up at night when nobody was there and nobody was hurt, it doesn't matter.
Hm...
First, I have heard from a lot of (conservative) Christians that a building is just a building and that the "Church" is the community of believers and nothing material matters.
Second, even many (most) "leftists" acknowledge the cultural, historical or societal significance of certain buildings.
Third and most important for your comment: there is a teeny tiny difference in not caring a lot about a building burning down and setting it on fire.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
That didn't seem to be the sentiment among the leftists here on the forums.

Yeah, the general position from "the left" was that this was a horrible tragedy. But I suspect straw-leftists are easier to use than real thinking and feeling human beings.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I learned from many leftists when Notre Dame was on fire that a building is just a building and it doesn't really matter. So as long as he blew it up at night when nobody was there and nobody was hurt, it doesn't matter.
Not true. The destruction of some one else's property is a crime. It does matter. If this man calls himself a Christian, then he does not understand that if you live by the sword you will die by the sword. In other words, one overcomes evil with goodness, one does not use evil to overcome evil since evil is multiplied.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A Kentucky judge has revealed in court a man is accused of threatening to blow up a Planned Parenthood location.

Gray affiliate FOX19 reports Daniel Kibler was arrested and charged with possession of a destructive device or booby trap device, terroristic threatening and eight counts of wanton endangerment following a search of his home in Independence.

Authorities say they learned Kibler was threatening to blow up the reproductive health care organization's Cincinnati location. People who knew Kibler reported the threat to law enforcement.

Bonus, the guy's photo will get into the dictionary to illustrate "American Taliban".
I was reading thinking, "fake news" because I live here and there are no more PP locations open in the state. But he lives on the river, and his target was in Ohio.

I hate abortion... I truly believe it to be murder. But how can anyone justify taking the lives of people who don't agree with them about abortion? That's the problem with our culture... we are trained to square off against anyone who doesn't agree with us rather than find a way to sit down and talk. We might just find we can come to a solution, on many things, anyway.

• Winner
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums