mac_philo

Veteran
Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
✟17,392.00
Faith
Atheist
To protect myself against inevitable attacks:

No, I don't believe that people who study at correspondence schools are all incompetent.

That said, there are such things as 'diploma mills.' These places sell degrees for money. Patriot University, where Hovind bought his PHD, is a diploma mill.

Upvote 0

mac_philo

Veteran
Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
✟17,392.00
Faith
Atheist
If you're a charismatic speaker, there's a lot of money to be made in this racket. Tell the flat earthers what they want to hear and they'll pay to attend your rallies/buy your vhs tapes/subscribe to your newsletter/etc.

I'd do it on the side for extra money but I don't think I could prevent myself from laughing onstage.

Upvote 0

mac_philo

Veteran
Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
✟17,392.00
Faith
Atheist
I don't know what you mean by Creation Scientist. Creationism is not a science, so there's no science to be done, so there aren't creation scientists in that sense.

If you just mean scientists who believe in creation over evolution, I'm sure there are several well-educated, eloquent people who fall into that category. The link provided above describes a couple.

The media savvy of the ID movement has convinced many people that there are 'creation scientists.' Well, there are no academic departments of creation science, there are no journals, and there are no experimental research programs. There are eloquent people who quibble with the theory of evolution; that doesn't make them scientists.

Upvote 0

Billy the Kid

Svi generis
Apr 16, 2002
Pittsburgh
✟8,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I meant what you said, "...scientists who believe in creation over evolution..." I was just looking for some one who goes by the Bible and not some thing humans made up.
I don't mean to offend any one by the last statement. It is my belief.

Upvote 0

Billy the Kid

Svi generis
Apr 16, 2002
Pittsburgh
✟8,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Science is a good thing to know. You can learn about the sun, stars, moon, planets, earth, and about everything in the universe has science related to it. Including sports. I'm just looking for some one who bases his findings from the Bible. I don't believe in Evolution. That's all. I can believe in other science related topics, but not Evolution.
I know others believe different things, so I'm not going to agrue. I'm not agrueing with you right now, just stating what I believe :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

elephanticity

This appears beneath your name.
Mar 30, 2002
Visit site
✟8,527.00
30a2, i'd suggest the site Answers In Genesis...at the very least they update their science now and then. If you do a net search, you should be able to find it.

Be sure you go to Answers In Genesis, not the rebuttal site, No Answers In Genesis.

I'd avoid the daylights out of Hovind, even other creationists distance themselves from him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mac_philo

Veteran
Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
✟17,392.00
Faith
Atheist
Even better would be to simply express your belief in creationism without backing it up using fraudulent pseudoscience. You believe what you believe; it's clear science isn't going to change your mind. What's the point in using bad science to support what you're going to believe anyway?

Reactions: Routerider
Upvote 0
hellow look in Jerimia ( i hope that is spelled right) 20 or 21 It talks about the Earth being round! Before any one else! There are loots ofthings that the Bible predicks tells or shows great sciencetific discoveries before they were found! Sorry I can't spell

Upvote 0
its appearant that people do not understand what Mr. Hovind is saying, I've seen his video series and am quite impressed how he follows the Bible and his proof is more or less common sense, his main point against evolution and evolutionist prove this time and time again is that evolution is not fact and is not proved by true science, in it fact is a belief system which in turn makes it a religion Religion as defined by Merriam Webster : "4. a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith."

It takes a creative mind to come up with such non-sense as to believe that man came from apes.

The strongest trait of any evolutionist is the ability to argue theories (no matter how ofton they are disproved) as facts.

And as for Mr. Hovind I've seen his work and my opion goes as follows: He follows God's word and that in its self is a proven way to have your self targeted by those whom you prove wrong.

Upvote 0