• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Keep "The Passion" alive!

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by patriarch, Mar 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sephania

Sephania Well-Known Member

+369
    What, next we'll be told that Mel Gibson is greater than Billy Graham?:)

2. patriarch

patriarch Senior Member

+4
    Catholic
    St. Paul determnined, "To know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified." And this has been the case for every truly great preacher who has ever lived, from the time of the apostles until now. For the sake of argument, and to get some distance, let's put this on Italian soil. St. Peter and St. Paul were there at the beginning, and since that time there have been numerous great preachers who had an enormous effect there, among them Anthony of Padua, Bernardine of Siena, Paul of the Cross and many, many others.

Last week I saw a story to the effect that the number of prints of the film being sent to Italy was being upped from 150 to 500. Whatever else you might say about it, this film is a terrifically effective presentation of Christ crucified, and through this technology will be able to present to virtually all the people of Italy the essence of the Gospel in approximately a three week time frame. Not the pope, not Billy Graham, nor together with them all the previous preachers of italy if they were still alive today could even begin to approach either the intensity or the geographical dispersion of the gospel that this movie is able to accomplish.

I doubt very much that Mel Gibson is greater than Billy Graham, but it's ironic beyond belief that Mel Gibson may actually turn out to be the most effective preacher of Christ crucified who has ever lived.

3. P_G

P_G Pastor - ד ע ה - The Lunch Lady

+850
    Messianic
    Married
    Now I am itching brother

What is your vote for the best movie of all history? :D
    I am just idly currious

I would like to vote for Dr Zivago

PG :wave:

4. ShirChadash

ShirChadash A Jew, by the grace and love of God. Come home!

+572
    Judaism
    Married
    double post. ~sorry!~

5. ShirChadash

ShirChadash A Jew, by the grace and love of God. Come home!

+572
    Judaism
    Married
    Oh my. :sigh:

6. Knight

Knight Knight of the Cross

+111
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Don't know.....

History is not finnished yet...... ;)

7. iitb

iitb a.k.a. insaneinthebrain

+7
    Judaism
    This thread has become an interdenominational debate, which isn't allowed in this forum. Therefore, it is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.