kaykay's fellowshipping korner & question of the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Glad the rain was useful and not JUST annoying. lol. My weekend was fine I am gearing up to be back at work by Wednesday. It has been a long hiatus. Today is a lot less sunny at the moment but it is not supposed to rain and should be a nice day eventually. I am not sure what I will do today just hang out here I suppose. Tomorrow I get my stitches out. Jan

Upvote 0
K

kaykay9.0

Question of the day~ Sunday was my birthday (I keep having them whether I need anymore or not!:o;))and that made me think....do you celebrate birthdays very much at your house? Just the kids? everybody? Do you make a pretty big deal out of it or not so much? What do you generally do on a birthday?

At our house, growing up and now as well, I guess we have made a pretty big deal about birthdays. My son always some type of party and we took him out to eat at the place of his choice...and of course, a gift and cake. For adults, we do exchange gifts and go out to eat generally. Our best friend, the man, has a birthday the same week I do. So we often go out as couples and celebrate our mutual birthdays.

Upvote 0

rahmiyn

Glad to be here :)
Mar 24, 2009
Florida
✟9,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Happy belated birthday, KayKay!!
party-049.GIF

Growing up, birthdays were not particularly special. We might not even have a cake, but we never felt bad about it. It was just the way it was. I even remember forgetting my own birthday when I was in my early twenties. I got a phone call from my dad just before midnight, and he said, "Happy Birthday!" I realized then, it had been my birthday all day. :-D

But, when I started my own family, we made a big deal out of the kids' birthdays. I don't know why I changed, but it gave me great joy to make their cakes and let them have their parties when they got older. Even with me, my family tends to make a big deal of my birthday, which I never really get used to.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
:wave::hug: Happy belated birthday kaykay. :wave::hug:

I loved birthdays as a child; we regarded them as important. Various relatives and I have remembered each others over the years. We didn't have children so there isn't a younger generation to celebrate with. My ex-husband's was a few days before mine and we sometimes went out for a meal, but he didn't seem as keen on birthdays as I was. Since he left I have found them difficult, but this year I think I'll be going out to dinner with a widowed male friend, which will be lovely.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
K

kaykay9.0

Happy belated birthday, KayKay!!
party-049.GIF

Growing up, birthdays were not particularly special. We might not even have a cake, but we never felt bad about it. It was just the way it was. I even remember forgetting my own birthday when I was in my early twenties. I got a phone call from my dad just before midnight, and he said, "Happy Birthday!" I realized then, it had been my birthday all day. :-D

But, when I started my own family, we made a big deal out of the kids' birthdays. I don't know why I changed, but it gave me great joy to make their cakes and let them have their parties when they got older. Even with me, my family tends to make a big deal of my birthday, which I never really get used to.

:wave::hug: Happy belated birthday kaykay. :wave::hug:

I loved birthdays as a child; we regarded them as important. Various relatives and I have remembered each others over the years. We didn't have children so there isn't a younger generation to celebrate with. My ex-husband's was a few days before mine and we sometimes went out for a meal, but he didn't seem as keen on birthdays as I was. Since he left I have found them difficult, but this year I think I'll be going out to dinner with a widowed male friend, which will be lovely.
Thanks for the belated birthday wishes, ladies. I guess my husband & I both grew up celebrating birthdays. So we're pretty even on that. Personally, I try to milk them for all I can get!!! LOL!^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Back to answering the question. We always celebrated birthdays in my family. It was a special day. Just not always a big party. I think I had two actual birthday parties where I invited friends. One when I was 6 or 7 and the other when i turned 13. But it was always a nice dinner handmade and decorated birthday cake and gifts. My younger sisters had more parties than I ever did but I didn't mind I got to help with the games and my mom concentrated on the food.
With our family we often have a family dinner out as we share birthday seasons, (two in the same week of August and three in the same week in december) my disabled son likes this best and truly enjoys everyones birthday for that reason. My last birthday was celebrated at home.

Upvote 0

buttercup2000

Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem
Nov 25, 2007
New York City
✟39,326.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
I love birthdays. I like celebrating mine and those around me. When I was growing up we always had children's parties with a cake and pin the tail on the donkey. Nothing especially elaborate, but fun and loving. I've really enjoyed the "milestone" birthdays and am already thinking about what will be special for 60. I'm not thinking fancy party, but have a lot of ideas.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
K

kaykay9.0

2 of our best friends both had a February 60th birthday a couple of years ago. So we had a surprise birthday party for them at our house. We also had a surprise birthday for our good friend who turned 50 about a year ago. (He's the "baby" of our bunch! LOL) If you were here, Jan, we could have had yours at our house too!

Tonight we are having a pizza party for 3 of "our gang" (including myself:blush:) who all have birthdays this week. One is actually today and another one is tomorrow and as I said, mine was Sunday.(One of our other friends just started his own pizza business. You order the pizza and bake it at your house. They are wonderful!!!!) Hmmm....seems like our house is getting to be the "birthday celebration" house!^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0

*Charis*

*Psalm 36:9*
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
✟33,182.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Constitution
Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Kaykay!

Growing up, birthdays weren't complete without a big
elaborate birthday cake... and my mom took extra effort
to make what each of us liked.

In our family, we made birthdays equal to 'national holidays' by
taking the day off of school, and doing the activity of the 'birthday
person's' choice (complete with food and friends).

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Question of the day~
Sunday was my birthday
(I keep having them whether I need anymore or not!:o;))
and
that made me think....do you celebrate birthdays very much at your house? Just the kids?
What do you generally do on a birthday?

My son always some type of party and we took him out to eat at the place of his choice...and of course, a gift and cake.
Daughter got spoiled with one plus :D Present, for each year;
- except her 1st. Birthday when she got over 20 gifts LOL and
the same for others, I LOVE putting smiles on people's :) faces, & gracing their life with presents... :thumbsup:
me?
I delight in simply youthfully staying 23... :clap: for me this practice is Present :wave: enuf
oh
HAPPY Birthdays... :hug: Kay

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.