kaykay's fellowshipping korner & question of the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kaykay9.0

How about a new fellowshipping thread? I will give 500 blessings per post along with random reps for posting here up to let's say... post #3000.
(Only 5 back to backs allowed.)
Post #s 50, 100, 500, 1500, 2000 & 3000 will get 20,000 blessings!
And just for fun...I will ask a new question to respond to every day...or so
But feel free to just come here and fellowship about ...whatever! Tell us what you're up to this week!

Today's question~

How did you first find Christian Forums?:confused:

To answer my own question...
a friend I knew on another forum invited me to come check it out ...and the rest is history, as they say!

Last edited:

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good afternoon Golden Eagles

HOW did I make it here?

Well, it is a long-story,

I met a very nice person on another forums
and the forums disintegrated after 2-3 years
as a result of bad-influence and expressed nastiness
An alternative forum was sought and found
and we 'fellowshipped' for a few months more

However, that forum too, took a downhill ride
despite concerted efforts by myself and another
that forum too, began to fall-apart
and at a very recent LURK, it still hasn't recovered
I was invited back there, to HELP OUT restoring it
however, I took umbridge, when a member complained to management
that, my reference to being a christian was unacceptable
and the site manager said:
" any more of that and I will be taking appropriate action "
Which was when, I deleted my posts of encouragement and packed my trunk
Their Loss!

That 'nice-person' was a member here
and she 'referred' me as a prospective member

That event, was back in December 2007 [27th]
and 13,768 posts later, I find myself 'still here'
with equally as much enthusiasm as back then [perhaps MORE]

I consider that lady, to have been an angel
a guide sent from heaven, to light my path
My blessings have been poured out upon me
and my 'cup' overflows

As for the weather ?

Yep it be more fall-like here too
We had the infra red fire on last night for a couple of hours brrrrrrrrrr

:wave:

dave

Last edited:
Upvote 0

buttercup2000

Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem
Nov 25, 2007
New York City
✟39,326.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
I've got another group I post with regularly. Started with them almost 6 years ago. Some of the same women still posting. I've gotten to meet a number of them and feel blessed they are in my life. Never thought such good friends could be made on line. What a wonderful blessing all of my on line friends have been to me.

Reactions: Worddancer
Upvote 0

kaysgirl57

Sep 8, 2008
NC
✟7,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Kay!
I found my way here by doing a google search for Christian forums. I have been a member of a book lover's web site for over 3 years, and for the first 2 years it felt as if I had come home. Everyone was nice and friendly, and we enjoyed the company of other readers. However, recently the forums have become colder, more hostile, especially towards Christians, and after getting my feelings hurt several times, I began looking for a kinder place to hang out online.
Thank the Lord I found y'all! :)

Upvote 0

RestoreTheRiver

Contributor
Jun 3, 2007
Kokomo, Indiana USA
✟18,586.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
We've had 70 degree days (f) and 50 degree nights the last couple of days, and have 45 predicted for tonight. The trees have just started to turn too. It's a couple of weeks early for that. So, yes, it is starting to look and feel like fall here.

Michael

Upvote 0

Worddancer

Dec 29, 2003
Midwest, US
✟9,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great thread idea, KK!

CF was recommended by a very dear friend, faerieevaH, whom I've known a long time from several other roleplaying sites. I've wandered away from CF several times over the years, but found other friends on those sites had joined here as well. One of them gently nudged me back, and I've grown to love this place now since getting serious with the Lord once more.

I must live close to RestoreTheRiver because the weather sounds very similar to ours! Although we did get down close to freezing Monday night. Not quite, but close enough to cover the tomatoes!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
K

kaykay9.0

Good to hear from all you guys! Kaysgirl, good to have you aboard! Michael & Worddancer, that weather sounds absolutely wonderful where you are! I love Fall. It is my favorite season...just love the coolness after a hot Texas summer.:)

So that brings us to my "question of the day" :confused:today~~What is your favorite season? And is their a particular reason,
that it's your favorite season??

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, kaykay :)

Great idea for a thread! :cool: I missed answering the first question, but very quickly, I googled praise and worship forums as I was interested to see what folk were saying about contemporary Christian music out there, and Google took me straight to the worship forum in CF. lol I saw a thread I wished to post in, not even knowing then that that was called posting in a thread as I'd never ever been in a forum before...but I figured out what to do, signed up and posted, then saw the nav bar and discovered how big CF was. ^_^ That was over 4 years ago now.

I have 2 equal favourite seasons, kaykay. :) I love autumn as the weather here is generally beautiful...blue skies with warm sunshine and gentle breezes. But I love spring too, when flowers appear and the leaves unfurl on the trees, when the colour of pale blue skies begins to deepen and the sunshine gathers strength.

Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love all of the seasons equally
While, in Fall [Autumn] and Winter
I get to stiffen a bit and my arthritis
limits my physical abilities somewhat during flare-ups
these are the 'picturesque' seasons

The Spring and [what is called] Summer 'here'
have their own benefits for LIFE, in blossoms and fruits

:wave:

dave

Upvote 0

Worddancer

Dec 29, 2003
Midwest, US
✟9,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love both spring and really thrive in the warmth and voracity of summer, but I think autumn is my favorite season. Summer is sometimes too cheery for my pensive nature . . fall fits better *smiles*

These are those silvered days
Of summer's soft farewell
When promise hangs in fully ripened readiness
And the earth slips her richest cloak across her shoulders . . .

Hiding winter in the dewy folds.

Last edited:
Reactions: buttercup2000
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

buttercup2000

Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem
Nov 25, 2007
New York City
✟39,326.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Winter is my least favorite, especially when it's windy and I am trudging to the subway in the dark in the morning. And yet I think of the phrase "silver white winters" and like clear crisp bright winter mornings. I love the summer and long days and lots of light. It's a tie for favorite between fall and spring. I get so excited to see the buds on the trees in spring and the flowers coming up and the days getting longer. And I do love fall -- mums and pumpkins and crisp apples and the beauty of the leaves in New England. One of my favorite memories is our family raking leaves together when I was growing up.

Upvote 0
K

kaykay9.0

Good morning, Eagles!

Ok, today, in remembrance of 9/11, the question of the day is: Do you remember where you were and what you were doing when you learned of the terrorist attack that day?

In my case, I was at work on the switchboard. A gentleman called trying to reach his wife in the loan dept, and said something like, "...and you might also be interested in knowing this-we've been the target of a terrorist attack on the World Trade Center!" A few minutes later, I got an e-mail from my husband asking if I heard about it yet. He said at the end "...I think we're headed for war. God bless America."

Upvote 0

RestoreTheRiver

Contributor
Jun 3, 2007
Kokomo, Indiana USA
✟18,586.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
At the time, I lived in Kokomo, but worked in Michigan; which meant being in Michigan all week, and home on weekends. I was driving from Kokomo to Grand Rapids when I heard about it on the radio. I called my wife...I think we all called the people we love that day.

Michael

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, everyone :)

I live in NZ and that day I was doing some housework, and my eldest lad happened to be home that day too, when the phone rang. He answered the phone, then rushed to put the tv on and called me. His friend had just told him on the phone about the first plane hitting the twin towers and we watched the second plane hitting the building. I didn't really understand what I was seeing to start with as my lad had just said to come and watch this and it took a minute to realise it was for real.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.