Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As the one senator already said he has a link to a website that was already setup in case Kav doesn't make the cut. Its for the next republican pick. A site that picks the next guy apart too.
Who is the Senator that said that?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Kinda of how like when he asked the one woman if she liked beer she changed topic. None of them would admit they do because it would make them look like hypocrites.

Actually, none of them would admit they do because it's their job to question him. Any lawyer or law enforcement officer worth his/her salt knows how important it is to keep control of the questioning...

Kavanaugh knew this, which is why he tried it.
The senators knew this, which is why they didn't fall for it.
You didn't know this, which is why you think it's clever.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kinda of how like when he asked the one woman if she liked beer she changed topic.
No she didn't. Let this help you refresh your memory.
Starting at 5:49

I apologize for the Youtube posters remark but there isn't any commentary on the video.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
okay...

I'm not sure you do, but again, okay.

well it's kind of hard to look at his "life long career in the law" when no one seems able to produce about 90% of his records. as for him being "as a father and good member of the community" I thought people weren't supposed to care about that sort of thing? :scratch:

Not being a fan of Bill Clinton (never voted for him even once) I don't have to worry about that. But I see you can't seem to "defend" Judge Kavanaugh without bringing up someone else in a thread not about that person. :sorry:

You mean like when someone is in a discussion about one thing and then someone tries to bring up something/someone who's not part of the discussion? Yeah, I can see how that might be annoying. ;)
tulc(is having a nice quiet birthday so far) ;)
Happy berfday!

This thread is about a beach week letter.....sent 35 years ago.....hello? Is that ridiculousness lost on you????

I confess, in our flat at beach week we had the grain alcohol party served from a giant fishing cooler! Ironically we were the only house to get our deposit back!

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Happy berfday! (snip)
thanks dude! I get to go to see my surgeon today, I guess it's what old people do to celebrate their birthdays! :sigh:
tulc(is going to need a lot more coffee before he goes) :coffee:

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No she didn't. Let this help you refresh your memory.
Starting at 5:49

I apologize for the Youtube posters remark but there isn't any commentary on the video.
She basically just ignored his question and made it about him.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You would jeopardize the integrity of the Supreme Court just to upset the liberals?

More shocking, you seem to think this is taking the high ground.

Petty vindictiveness and tit-for-tat politics isn't getting our country anywhere. It certainly isn't making us great again. Domestically and socially, the US is going headlong into it's worse period since the Civil War. I don't see things getting any better regardless of who wins what election. This problem of partisan division won't just go away.

The right doesn't look too much better from where I'm standing.

And the right has shown an equally dark and disturbing side since winning. They've all but abandoned any sense of decency, morality and standards in elected officials they once held and it shows with the breakdown of our social fabric.
That I can agree with. Both sides are off the rails. Which is why I am on neither side.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟607,061.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

He was out of line and he knew it, which is why he later apologized. He was being nasty and confrontational, yet she was calm and polite throughout.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:scratch: It is about him. His interrupting and demanding the Senators answer his questions was completely out of order. Each Senator had only five minutes to ask questions and have them answered; instead of answering forthrightly, Bart used up their minutes complaining and obfuscating.

• Prayers
Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

No, by turning the question back around, he tried to make it about her.

Either way, it’s his confirmation hearing. It’s supposed to be about him.

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:scratch: It is about him. His interrupting and demanding the Senators answer his questions was completely out of order. Each Senator had only five minutes to ask questions and have them answered; instead of answering forthrightly, Bart used up their minutes complaining and obfuscating.

No, by turning the question back around, he tried to make it about her.

Either way, it’s his confirmation hearing. It’s supposed to be about him.
Thats the point. If someone is going to accuse me of something thats common, then I am going to turn the question around on them. As the saying goes for every finger you point, there are three pointing back at you.

The fact she didn't respond to his question shows she does drink beer and can't point fingers then. Shes a senator that drinks and thus can't question someone who wants to be a senator about drinking.

It would be like me doing meth and yelling at a friend whos doing meth about what a loser he is.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If someone is going to accuse me of something thats common, then I am going to turn the question around on them.

If that's how you'd act in a Senate confirmation hearing, then you're probably not qualified to sit on the supreme court either.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thats the point. If someone is going to accuse me of something thats common, then I am going to turn the question around on them. As the saying goes for every finger you point, there are three pointing back at you.
Part of the problem here, is that they were not "accusing" him, they were asking him as part of their investigation into his fitness to serve on the Supreme Court. This was not a conversation; this was a hearing about him.

The fact she didn't respond to his question shows she does drink beer and can't point fingers then. Shes a senator that drinks and thus can't question someone who wants to be a senator about drinking
He doesn't want to be a senator - he wants to be a Supreme Court Justice for the rest of his life. He not only wants the position, but apparently believes he's entitled to it as he waxes indignant at those who would question him, even though that is the very purpose of the hearing.Furthermore, the question was a lead-up to another question, not a stand-alone.

It would be like me doing meth and yelling at a friend whos doing meth about what a loser he is.
It was Kavanaugh who was doing the yelling, weeping and insulting not the senator. Think about that and who would be whom in your little scenario.

‘Unfathomable’: More than 2,400 law professors sign letter opposing Kavanaugh’s confirmation
The letter to the Senate cites two laws governing bias and recusal, noting, “Judges must step aside if they are at risk of being perceived as or of being unfair. …

“We have differing views about the other qualifications of Judge Kavanaugh,” they wrote. “But we are united, as professors of law and scholars of judicial institutions, in believing that Judge Kavanaugh did not display the impartiality and judicial temperament requisite to sit on the highest court of our land. "‘
Telling obvious lies about his background, yelling at senators, refusing to answer questions, and blaming his troubles on others is not appropriate behavior.”

• Winner
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If that's how you'd act in a Senate confirmation hearing, then you're probably not qualified to sit on the supreme court either.
Like I told someone else in another thread, give me your real name, your address, your social media accounts, your phone numbers...etc and I'll make a false accusation against you online. After tens of thousands of people start bullying you, your family, your friends and make death threats. We will see how you feel after one week.

She was not upset because she has a team around her all the time and had a relatively big group of crazy "fans" protecting everything she does online. And given this is likely just a political attack, she expected hate because she knew people would figure her out.

Her sad sounding voice and what not people say is something she only does for the media but doesn't sound like that when off camera. She even has nearly a million dollars donated to her on GoFundMe. Really makes me want to accuse someone of something too so I can get rich off of pity.

Part of the problem here, is that they were not "accusing" him, they were asking him as part of their investigation into his fitness to serve on the Supreme Court. This was not a conversation; this was a hearing about him.

He doesn't want to be a senator - he wants to be a Supreme Court Justice for the rest of his life. He not only wants the position, but apparently believes he's entitled to it as he waxes indignant at those who would question him, even though that is the very purpose of the hearing.Furthermore, the question was a lead-up to another question, not a stand-alone.

It was Kavanaugh who was doing the yelling, weeping and insulting not the senator. Think about that and who would be whom in your little scenario.

‘Unfathomable’: More than 2,400 law professors sign letter opposing Kavanaugh’s confirmation
Since this whole thing was a circus act to delay everything, they were just looking for any excuse and sticking to it to try and make sure he couldn't get nominated. They normally wouldn't care if a person made farts jokes, threw ice once or got drunk in the past. But again, since they have their agendas, they will. use anything to try and make sure he can't get nominated.

I say if he for someone reason doens't get the win tomorrow, Trump or the other republican senators should open an investigation on all senators and kick out anyone who also drinks, has thrown things in the past, has farted...etc. But the left of course would say thats not right because they know they may lose some people.

As for the signing by law professers I'd bet all my money that most, if not all, are democrats. So its why the letter is being ignored by people. Its biased. Its like asking 2,400 vegans if they believe we shouldn't kill animals and eat them because its inhumane.

Thankfully it looks like the vote is in his favor already so he will be put through and the rivers of salty tears will flow. I'm going to enjoy it. <3

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Like I told someone else in another thread, give me your real name, your address, your social media accounts, your phone numbers...etc and I'll make a false accusation against you online. After tens of thousands of people start bullying you, your family, your friends and make death threats. We will see how you feel after one week.

Who are we talking about here? Kavanaugh or Ford?

She was not upset because she has a team around her all the time and had a relatively big group of crazy "fans" protecting everything she does online.

I'm not sure how you can have protectors online, but Kavanaugh is a federal judge. He's eligible for a lot more security than a professor.

Her sad sounding voice and what not people say is something she only does for the media but doesn't sound like that when off camera. She even has nearly a million dollars donated to her on GoFundMe. Really makes me want to accuse someone of something too so I can get rich off of pity.

Yep.
Click here to support Brett Kavanaugh's Family organized by John Hawkins

I'd give you my name and address if I could get $600k out of it.

Since this whole thing was a circus act to delay everything, they were just looking for any excuse and sticking to it to try and make sure he couldn't get nominated. They normally wouldn't care if a person made farts jokes, threw ice once or got drunk in the past. But again, since they have their agendas, they will. use anything to try and make sure he can't get nominated.

No, they wouldn't normally care, but his drunken behavior was the basis for a sexual assault allegation. Establishing that he did, in fact, drink heavily is part of establishing the veracity of the allegation. Lying about his drinking should be a disqualification.

And it wasn't a fart joke.

I say if he for someone reason doens't get the win tomorrow, Trump or the other republican senators should open an investigation on all senators and kick out anyone who also drinks, has thrown things in the past, has farted...etc. But the left of course would say thats not right because they know they may lose some people.

Clinton didn't get in trouble for his affair. He got in trouble for lying about it under oath.

As for the signing by law professers I'd bet all my money that most, if not all, are democrats.

If you did that, then you'd be broke.

Upvote 0