United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would you say you miss the fraternity?

I am not sure that "fraternity" is the part I miss, although it would be part of it. I miss the fellowship with like minded men that are working for and to help an organization that shares the values I have. In that case it was the Catholic church. This is where organizations like the Masons and similar groups loose interest to me.

*edit*
If there were a comparable Lutheran or Messianic organization I would probably join, but there just is not.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I miss the fellowship with like minded men that are working for and to help an organization that shares the values I have. In that case it was the Catholic church. This is where organizations like the Masons and similar groups loose interest to me.
I get what you are feeling, but IMO there is no reason not to also have a fraternity of like-minded men who share values that are common to Christians of all denominations. To me, that's edifying and almost 'special.'

I value my denomination-based organizations but also others, and there is no conflict between the two. I work with political organizations, civic associations, high school alumni associations, neighborhood/homeowners associations, and so on, never feeling that one of them cancels out all the others.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I admire people like you that want to be actively involved in these larger organizations. For myself, I tend to commit to one or two entities or ideas at a time - but I have difficulty in my personality to spread among more than one or two. I am not an active part of local politics, HOA, Alumni, or other organizations... I am more introverted and tend to not get involved.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reality check.
What makes us think that his involvement is "active"?...

A commitment to two antithetical organizations does indeed sound like a "difficulty"...

Not getting involved with critical analysis of one's self & situation isn't unusual or remarkable in and of itself, however...
it leads to habitual thought rather than analytical thought. Habitual thought suspends belief and engages obedience overwhelming any rational reconsideration with the force of momentum.

All of which is analog to needing a fraternity of like-unmindful men who share a shallow commitment to values that are vaguely stated enough to be considered common to Christians of all denominations. The very idea of which has been untrue since at least 1054.

Most important to these are to feel edified and 'special.'
God's first human institution, the family is supposed to provide that.
Just my opinion.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi, steve. I think I may have missed this post of yours from two months ago. And I do appreciate your point here. I made mention of being involved more widely, but I notice that I am not able to be truly active with some of them if I overdo...and then I need to reduce some of the commitments.

My point was more about the idea of holding membership in a group that is for people of a certain church AND ALSO being involved with one that is inter-denominational. So long as the person is able to do both of them justice, I think it's a gain rather than a conflict.

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I can't disagree with that at all, very good point.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,894.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
When comparing Freemasons to the Knights of Columbus I see a lot of similarities in their rituals.

Any conspiracy that cover Knights of Columbus?

Yours in the Lord,

jm

You may wish to hear this video from the one hour and fifteen minute mark to the one hour and twenty five minute mark. I attempted to set this up to go right to the beginning of the relevant part of this.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,960.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
You may wish to hear this video from the one hour and fifteen minute mark to the one hour and twenty five minute mark. I attempted to set this up to go right to the beginning of the relevant part of this.

Since starting this thread I've been able to make a few K of C friends and for the most part they like Freemasonry. I've also had the chance to meet a few Catholic Freemasons.

Fascinating discussions followed.

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,894.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Since starting this thread I've been able to make a few K of C friends and for the most part they like Freemasonry. I've also had the chance to meet a few Catholic Freemasons.

Fascinating discussions followed.

I could be wrong..... but I actually do suspect that the former Covering Cherub Lucifer may perhaps have already repented and left a mere Artificial Intelligence on his throne..... (if you do a search of Children near death experiences on near-death .com and look for Cecil you will see what I mean).......... (if so... then Stanley Milgram Lucifer Satan may perhaps have the secret identity of "The Humbler"..... for Messiah Yeshua - Jesus)................... if so.... then FreeMasons and so many other groups are all set up to return to Messiah Yeshua - Jesus FAST...... the Great Awakening..... exactly as so many are predicting........... There was a prophecy here on this forum somewhere about Satanism ending.... .and there is evidence that this could well occur......

I have a brilliant friend who is in the New Age movement but wow..... his spirit guides have him in a place of zero confidence in his being able to accomplish anything............... it is like a puzzle and perhaps Stanley Milgram Lucifer Satan wants people either to seek Messiah Yeshua - Jesus with their whole heart........... or remain in a place of total depression..................... despair................. no hope......... no confidence for the future hardly at all...... unless the recognize the awesome sacrifice on their behalf by Messiah Yeshua - Jesus!

Satanism Ending

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Most Masons are practicing Christians, Dennis. More than Christians in the general population.

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That has been my experience as well.
My experience of organized Christianity has been that most only have a superficial understanding and a general unwillingness to question authority. I suspect it is because they seek authority lacking any of their own, having handed it over to "trustworthy superiors". We have real authority & authenticity in Christ, but He doesn't exercise it like Lucifer exercises his authority. So fear, not Christ rules the heart of the joiner. Just my opinion.
Anyone willing to look critically and not just admiringly at any secretive organization will see thu it.
The occult symbology alone is red flag enough for even those dimly aware of the danger therein.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's their own explanation of their logo.
Notice how they gloss over: the cross is not just an "artistic" rendering of the cross of Christ. It is a Maltese cross. Immediately proven themselves ignorant if not untrustworthy.
Then he dismisses the use of the faces as if it is only a "symbol of authority" necessary to any co-operative task. That is straight up lying to cover the type of authority fascism really is.
Do not be fooled by smooth talk. The symbols don't lie. The people that sport them do, knowingly or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In history, the Knights of Columbus far precede Mussolini and Fascism, and the fasces (symbol) has been an emblem of respect for authority for even longer. There are two of them flanking the Speaker's desk in the U. S. House of Representatives, and this same emblem was on the back of our American dimes until the Roosevelt dime came out. The idea, therefore, that the Knights of Columbus borrowed the symbol from the Fascist Party of Italy is laughable.

Furniture | US House of Representatives: History, Art & Archives

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's a pro-K of C video of their origin.
I don't deny or excuse the excesses of anti-papist protestants, but this flattering propaganda piece completely ignores the excesses of the other side.
I was raised RC. I know how corrupt it and all its daughters are.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From what I'm able to find, the K of C has little or nothing directly to do with Freemasonry.

This is a conspiracy forum. Conspiracies about organizations secret or not, generally hold that these organizations for social benevolence are populated by people who are genuinely socially benevolent so that they may (unknowingly) provide both political influence and cover for the "wickedness in high places".

If you want to start a thread about the non-conspiracy aspect of these societies, doing it here just causes confusion in my opinion.
I think it accurately reflects society's confusion on these groups tho.

Upvote 0

Billy UK

Dec 21, 2019
Somewhere
✟34,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So there are some here who have been travelling in the east recently ? I would advise to turn not to the Left hand or the Right hand path but instead, remove thy foot from evil and follow the Lord on the STRAIGHT and narrow path.

Proverbs 4:27

“Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.”

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,960.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
My experience of organized Christianity has been that most only have a superficial understanding and a general unwillingness to question authority.

Can't argue with that. I agree. Christianity for most people is less about head knowledge and knowing "things" but more about experiencing God and the transcendent.

Upvote 0