ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I never said that. What needs to be justified is the same lawmakers pushing to ban abortion not helping a lot of expecting moms in the process. If abortion is going to be illegal, the people who ban it have to help those who lack the means to stay pregnant.
And what’s the converse of what you’re saying? It’s that if the government isn’t going to fully fund and pay for all the pre-natal and post-natal care of single pregnant women that the acceptable alternative is to let them kill their innocent unborn children.

What you’re advocating is very straight forward and very disturbing. By your own logic we should be allowed to kill our already born children if our economic situation is dire.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I don't mean the government has to pay every dollar if that is what you are thinking.
ok, 3/4 of the expenses, or 2/3. You pick the amount, the principal still stands, and it’s both disturbing and sets a terrible precedence.

Based on what you’re saying I should be able to kill my already born children if my economic situation becomes dire if the government isn’t willing to fork over some money to me.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why should having an abortion be a crime in America for economically challenged women without comprehensive health insurance, which is still a problem today?

Is it acceptable to kill a child that a person can’t afford to take care of? Is it the child’s fault the mother became pregnant and should the child pay the price for circumstances outside of his/her control?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not at all. I am saying it is not enough for the government to ban abortions without also helping pregnant citizens get what they need to be moms.

This sounds familiar. The government and other agencies have always helped those in need. The problem is that this help is often abused by those who are lazy and see having another child as getting a raise on their government welfare payment. Here’s a prime example.

• Agree
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It seems to me every time pro-lifers say you can just adopt out your baby they always ignore the fact that during pregnancy there is a lot of expensive health care to pay for. Without health insurance, she cannot take care of herself and her baby. Why should having an abortion be a crime in America for economically challenged women without comprehensive health insurance, which is still a problem today? If you want to vote for someone because he is pro-life, your preferred candidate needs to be one who will fix the problem at all angles. It can't be just "The fetus is a human being, so don't kill it" without proaction.

No hospital can refuse health care to pregnant women. Sure they’re going to get a huge bill in the end. Why should The government pay that bill because of a lack of responsibility on the parent’s part? And killing a human being should not be an acceptable solution to eliminating a debt that someone should’ve considered before getting into that situation in the first place.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, expensive health care is a justification for the brutal slaughter of an innocent child? If so, then why wouldn't expensive health care be justification for the brutal slaughter of a one year old? Or a three year old?
In the world of goverment run health the care. It is. That is the direction that progressive’s and their abortion culture always take us. In the progressive goverment run health care utopia of Sweden. They have been involuntarily euthanizing 10 of thousands of the elderly for decades. It is the natural end of opening the door to the evil of abortion.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In the world of goverment run health the care. It is. That is the direction that progressive’s and their abortion culture always take us. In the progressive goverment run health care utopia of Sweden. They have been involuntarily euthanizing 10 of thousands of the elderly for decades. It is the natural end of opening the door to the evil of abortion.

My wife gets very expensive sometimes but God says I can’t divorce her unless she is unfaithful. Til debt..., excuse me, til death do us part seems to be the best solution according to the mindset of abortion advocates.

Upvote 0

Sandra Miller

Nov 16, 2019
Macon, MS
✟15,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
It seems to me every time pro-lifers say you can just adopt out your baby they always ignore the fact that during pregnancy there is a lot of expensive health care to pay for. Without health insurance, she cannot take care of herself and her baby. Why should having an abortion be a crime in America for economically challenged women without comprehensive health insurance, which is still a problem today? If you want to vote for someone because he is pro-life, your preferred candidate needs to be one who will fix the problem at all angles. It can't be just "The fetus is a human being, so don't kill it" without proaction.
Sir, I have worked as a counselor at a Crises Pregnancy Center for many years. A poor female can get medical assistance to pay for her medical expenses as well as her child's. If she adopts it out the adoptive couple will pay for the medical expenses - or, at least they used to. Costs is not the issue. Fixing the problem resides in the heart of the individual and that is to not do anything that will result in a pregnancy. Simple and all know that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Women had babies for millennia without health care, expensive or otherwise. Babies grow without any health care at all. It’s just preferable to have someone experienced there at birth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want the government to help pregnant women not need to get abortions.

I'm going to be pretty straight to the point here. This is not going to help in the way you think. In the UK where I live, there's so much help that people abuse the system, getting pregnant as early and often as possible got get more government cash (for themselves). I know of women/ girls who have had, and some still get help financially from the government, and yet still have abortions out of convenience. I know of someone who would have had all the government help needed to mother her children, but still went ahead with 7 abortions before the age of 20. It doesn't work the way you think it would.

Upvote 0

MournfulWatcher

In the beginning was the Word.
Feb 15, 2016
United States
✟110,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm going to be pretty straight to the point here. This is not going to help in the way you think. In the UK where I live, there's so much help that people abuse the system, getting pregnant as early and often as possible got get more government cash (for themselves). I know of women/ girls who have had, and some still get help financially from the government, and yet still have abortions out of convenience. I know of someone who would have had all the government help needed to mother her children, but still went ahead with 7 abortions before the age of 20. It doesn't work the way you think it would.
Another problem I see with the UK health system as an outsider is that the government gets to decide who lives and dies, for example, the recent news stories of women being forced to have abortions. It allows the government to abuse its people.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The UK has a totally different type of health insurance policy though: a guarantee everyone has it. I know there are problems with having a single-payer system and do not support it for everyone, but the current laws are not good enough and I have no doubt there would be fewer abortions if all pregnant women had health insurance.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The UK has a totally different type of health insurance policy though: a guarantee everyone has it. I know there are problems with having a single-payer system and do not support it for everyone, but the current laws are not good enough and I have no doubt there would be fewer abortions if all pregnant women had health insurance.
Are you going to comment on the myriad of responses exposing your horrendous logic of financial difficulties being a morally permissible reason to kill an unborn, innocent person?

Upvote 0