✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Young men ; Ethan, Steve and Old man :Shawn

All talk about Hell, Eternal, and Literalness of it.

What are your thoughts?

I use to believe that people were going to go to hell and burn forever and ever.

However my views have changed over the course my Christian life with some help.

Do not believe anything presented here but go and check the bible for yourself to find out !

May God bless you and all of your families!

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you have checked the Bible, you know Judas went to his own place. It does not say he went out of existence.

And you know Jesus says there is eternal fire ready for Satan and his.

Also, there is the evil spirit of disobedience (Ephesians 2:2) which will not be in the presence of Jesus and His people.

So, I see how hell is not only for punishment, but it is the place for evil to stay away from people who do not want evil, but who want to share with Jesus for eternity while being pleasing to God, like Jesus is so pleasing.

And if you have checked God's word, you know how Satan hates Jesus and his people only wanted to torture and murder God's own Son. So, such people likely would suffer more in the presence of Jesus, than in hell.

"For our God is a consuming fire." (Hebrews 12:29)

And God is love . . . love that is fire. So, selfish people could suffer burning very greatly in Heaven, because of their own nature making them burnt about love and Jesus. Satan could not stand seeing Jesus God's own Son being honored. So, he should be less burnt in hell, than he could be in Heaven.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: GallagherM
Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@com7fy8 thank your sharing your bible based viewpoint.

I believe that there is a lot that can be learned on a study of Satan, the Lake of Fire, and Hell / Sheol, Tartarus, Ghenna, and if it is eternal, and if Satan is still running around also or not.

Found this website which is very informative

The Hell Test Are your beliefs on Hell based upon facts or traditions?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

What are your thoughts?

I use to believe that people were going to go to hell and burn forever and ever.

Do not believe anything presented here but go and check the bible for yourself to find out !

Hell is just as literal as heaven. If hell is not literal then neither is heaven.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here is a website called tentmaker; The Hell Test

Here is what you will be introduced to:

The Hell Test
(A test every pastor, Bible teacher and seminary professor should be required to take before being allowed to teach.)
One would be amazed how little the average pastor knows about the subject of Hell. Most of their knowledge comes from what Jesus called "The traditions of men which make the word of god of no effect." Matt. 15:6-9 Give a copy of this test to those to whom you have submitted yourself. See whether they know their subject. If salvation is indeed deliverance from a Hell of everlasting punishment, then the answers to these questions are vital to your well being.

Is Salvation A Deliverance
From Hell or Eternal Death?

By Gary Amirault

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

What are your thoughts?

1 Cor. 6:9 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind..."

Gal. 5:21 "...envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

Inheriting the kingdom of God is the same activity as having your name in the Lamb's Book of Life.
Rev. 20:15 "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Therefore, universalism doesn't work in scripture. The lake of fire judgment is there to speak loudly of God's holiness, and punish those who persist in violating it. It was created to punish the devil and his messengers of which unbelievers, false prophets, and false teachers are.

Isn't it obvious that people are continually dying in these conditions? If a person is not obeying Christ, such a person is an unbeliever, according to the Biblical definition of the word. John 3:36 "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." People are dying in the condition of unbelief every day. If you know scripture, it's easy to see that universalism is false.

Also it says "and the smoke of their torment goes up for ever and ever," so annihilationism doesn't work either. Jesus talked much of gehenna in which He said things like "the worm never dies," being tormented, "in outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth." How can there be weeping unless there is a real hell in which there is real existence?

All of the verses of scripture in the "test" are used wrongly. IMO you need to rethink your position.

Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I dont believe in universalism just for clarification there is only one way to God and there is through the Lord Jesus Christ who is the way the truth and the life, friend @tdidymas and I believe the Bible is explicit about that.

• Agree
Reactions: tdidymas
Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I dont believe in universalism just for clarification there is only one way to God and there is through the Lord Jesus Christ who is the way the truth and the life, friend @tdidymas and I believe the Bible is explicit about that.
Ok, I thought that since you showed a link to Amirault that you were supporting universalism (which Amirault is). But you believe in annihilationism? I can see how people come to that conclusion, but I don't agree with it, based on my reading of scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EmethAlethia

Oct 5, 2014
✟28,633.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just one point to make. Hell, and torment are just as "eternal" as heaven and rewards are. Whatever meaning you pick for one it applies directly to the other.

Mat_18:8 "IfG1487 your handG5495 orG2228 your footG4228 causesG4624 you to stumbleG4624, cutG1581 it offG1581 and throwG906 it from you; it is betterG2570 for you to enterG1525 lifeG2222 crippledG2948 orG2228 lameG5560, thanG2228 to haveG2192 twoG1417 handsG5495 orG2228 twoG1417 feetG4228 and be castG906 into the eternalG166 fireG4442.

Mat_19:16 And someoneG1520 cameG4334 to Him and saidG3004, "TeacherG1320, whatG5101 goodG18 thingG18 shall I doG4160 that I may obtainG2192 eternalG166 lifeG2222?"

Mat_19:29 "And everyoneG3956 whoG3748 has leftG863 housesG3614 orG2228 brothersG80 orG2228 sistersG79 orG2228 fatherG3962 orG2228 motherG3384 orG2228 childrenG5043 orG2228 farmsG68 for My name'sG3686 sakeG1752a, will receiveG2983 manyG4179 timesG4179 as muchG4179, and will inheritG2816 eternalG166 lifeG2222.

Mat_25:41 "ThenG5119 He will alsoG2532 sayG3004 to thoseG3588 on His leftG2176, 'DepartG4198 from Me, accursedG2672 ones, into the eternalG166 fireG4442 which has been preparedG2090 for the devilG1228 and his angelsG32a;

Mat_25:46 "TheseG3778 will goG565 awayG565 into eternalG166 punishmentG2851, but the righteousG1342 into eternalG166 lifeG2222."

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What are your thoughts?

The guy on the left, with the plaid shirt, who leans toward Annihilationism, is correct. The Bible clearly teaches annihilationism. The problem in the discussion is the presupposition that man lives on after death. That's not the case. The Bible clearly teaches that the Father alone has immortality. Therefore man is not immortal and will die. In Gen 2:7 Moses recorded the creation of man, he was created from the dust of the earth. So man consists of the elements of the earth. God then breathed into that man the breath of life and the man became a living soul. We're also told in Scripture that the breath returns to God when man dies and the body returns to the dust. Since the body and the breath have separated the soul ceases to exist. Thus there is nothing left to live on after the man dies. Man is a physical being that is animated by the breath of God. When he dies there's nothing left. Since there's nothing left nothing goes to Heaven or Hell. Man remains dead until the Resurrection at which time he will receive eternal life or be tossed into the Lake of Fire which is the second death. The man dies a second time and like the first there is nothing to live on.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

What are your thoughts?

I am not God, so it is not my place to justify it or question it.

Matthew 25:46

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Questioning is good.

Maybe eternal punishment is an example of life without God: always having problems in life with no avail of being released from ones own personal darkness especially even willfully rejecting the truth of the Gospel.

Eternal righteousness would be of life with God : Jesus Christ became for us wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, redemption.

One line doesn’t justify all of scripture either.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

It is one thing to say Jesus is the only way. Scripture is adamant on that point. But it doesn't seem that scripture says one must know that fact in order to be saved by that fact. Must one know Jesus is the only way in order to be saved by that only way? If you have passages you think say otherwise, we should discuss them.

Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One other thing to know about enteral punishment is that is can be translated age-during: I’ve had my own age-during punishment of living life without God: and it changes when starting to look towards God and the Lord Jesus Christ in having eternal life or age-during life walking with God : Jesus is my eternal righteousness as long as am walking by the spirit and not trying to live after my own will.

It’s like a decision between a desire to reap to the fleshly crop or reap to the spiritual crop.

What would you choose to feed in your own life?

I’ve had ups and downs in my relationship with God. When it comes to not being loving towards God or others there this huge indication by the spirit when we aren’t loving towards God or others. However God is still there to listen to us and cares about us and desires to help us overcome those things; and start to protrude love towards God and others more and more growing into a mature Christian but that doesn’t mean a mature Christian can not fall down into being poor in spirit according to (Matthew 5:1-12)

Last edited:
Upvote 0