May 16, 2015
✟119,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
While Modern Bible Translations can be helpful at times, I believe the King James Bible is the perfect Word of God and it is my final Word of authority; Therefore, I would go with the reading “But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts:” in 1 Peter 3:15. So we do have to make efforts on our part to sanctify God in our hearts. God is supposed to live in our hearts and we need to cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit perfecting holiness in the fear of God (2 Corinthians 7:1). We need to always dedicate and prepare our hearts to God in holiness, and draw close to Him whereby He will draw close to us.
AMEN - :)

Can we therefore conclude that the words of the one thief were sanctifiying to Jesus (1 Peter 3:15). It's obvious the one thief had reason to believe that Jesus was the Messiah ... "remember me when You come into Your kingdom!” ... even though it seems that the disciples were perplexed - confused.

39 One of the criminals who were hanged there was hurling abuse at Him, saying, “Are You not the Christ? Save Yourself and us!” 40 But the other responded, and rebuking him, said, “Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? 41 And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our crimes; but this man has done nothing wrong.” 42 And he was saying, “Jesus, remember me when You come into Your kingdom!” 43 And He said to him, "Truly I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”

So as a new creation in Christ and the testimony of our Faith to others (by our words) we sanctify Jesus as He sanctifies us. Gives new insight into the words of the thief on the cross that were sanctifying to Jesus (Matthew 23:40-43) with the result that he would be in Paradise with Jesus.

1684628950069.png

The Psalms of David were sanctifying to the Lord GOD ... the KING of kings
So too are the beautiful Christian songs of worship from our lips sanctifying to HIM

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A Look at Sanctification:
(A Study on the words: Sanctified, Sanctify, Sanctification):

Sanctified:

#1. Believers are sanctified by faith in Christ. (“…they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.” - Acts 26:28).​
#2. Believers are sanctified by the Holy Ghost (“…being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.” - Romans 15:16 cf. 1 Corinthians 6:11).​
#3. Believers are sanctified in Christ Jesus (“…to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus,” - 1 Corinthians 1:2).​
#4. Believers are to be sanctified and made ready as a vessel of honor for every good work, which is befitting of the master’s purpose or use (“If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.” - 2 Timothy 2:21).​
#5. Believers are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all time (“…we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.” - Hebrews 10:10).​
#6. Sanctified believers are forever perfected by the one offering of Christ (“…by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.” - Hebrews 10:14).​

Sanctify:

#1. Believers are to sanctify themselves with the truth of God’s Word (“Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.” - John 17:17).​
#2. Christ gave Himself for believers so that He might sanctify them with the washing of the water of the Word that He might present to Himself a glorious church that is holy and without spot, blemish, and wrinkle. (“…even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.” - Ephesians 5:25-27).​
#3. God sets out to sanctify believers completely so that their whole spirit, soul, and body may be preserved blameless unto the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ (“And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” - 1 Thessalonians 5:23).​
#4. Jesus sets out to sanctify the people with his own blood (“Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.” - Hebrews 13:14).​
#5. Believers are to sanctify the Lord God in their hearts (“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts…” - 1 Peter 3:15).​

Sanctification:

#1. God the Father had brought forth the Word made flesh so that the Word (Jesus) may be a means of Sanctification for believers who abide in Him (“But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:” - 1 Corinthians 1:30).​
#2. God’s will is a believer’s Sanctification (“For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:” - 1 Thessalonians 4:3).​
#3. Every believer should know how to possess their vessel in sanctification and honor (“That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;” - 1 Thessalonians 4:4, “For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness. He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.” - 1 Thessalonians 4:7-8).​
#4. God has chosen believers from the beginning to salvation through the Sanctification of the Spirit (“…God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:” - 2 Thessalonians 2:13).​
#5. Believers are Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience (“Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:” - 1 Peter 1:2).​

I hope this study helps and or edifies a fellow believer in Christ today.

With loving kindness to you all in Christ Jesus,

Sincerely,

A Bible Highlighter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟273,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AMEN - :)

Can we therefore conclude that the words of the one thief were sanctifiying to Jesus (1 Peter 3:15). It's obvious the one thief had reason to believe that Jesus was the Messiah ... "remember me when You come into Your kingdom!” ... even though it seems that the disciples were perplexed - confused.

39 One of the criminals who were hanged there was hurling abuse at Him, saying, “Are You not the Christ? Save Yourself and us!” 40 But the other responded, and rebuking him, said, “Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? 41 And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our crimes; but this man has done nothing wrong.” 42 And he was saying, “Jesus, remember me when You come into Your kingdom!” 43 And He said to him, "Truly I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”

So as a new creation in Christ and the testimony of our Faith to others (by our words) we sanctify Jesus as He sanctifies us. Gives new insight into the words of the thief on the cross that were sanctifying to Jesus (Matthew 23:40-43) with the result that he would be in Paradise with Jesus.
View attachment 331291
The Psalms of David were sanctifying to the Lord GOD ... the KING of kings
So too are the beautiful Christian songs of worship from our lips sanctifying to HIM
Sacrifices of praise (Heb 13:15). . .

• Agree
Reactions: AbbaLove
Upvote 0